Being able to use the hose on office stairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Being able to use the fire hose in the city office stairwell because you can't currently use it no matter how close you park the truck.

Why should this be added? (pros): Makes sense as in real life Fire & Rescue would be able to put out a fire by connecting & carrying hoses up the stairwell of an office complex, quality of life

What negatives could this have? (cons): N/A

*Other additions: N/A

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Most modern buildings over a certain height or number of floors are fitted with risers which firefighters can connect their hoses to.

1632435644181.png

This lets them get a supply of water onto the floor of the fire without needing a massive hose run all the way up a stairwell.

They are accessed via these wall cabinets - putting some of these in office stairwell and having them act like fire hydrants would be great.

1632435914257.png

Reaction score
You know what I was actually going to make this suggestion. Infact you know what, any developers, admins, etc looking at this I can model this for you guys to increase the chances of this being accepted so you don't have to do effort. 497.8 hours in blender of which most are game development related and one was a custom 3d model for an artist as a reference. This should take half the vertices of the fire hydrant and as such will not be laggy.

that's how much of a good idea I think this is, the extinguisher is just a nightmare.

Reaction score
You know what I was actually going to make this suggestion. Infact you know what, any developers, admins, etc looking at this I can model this for you guys to increase the chances of this being accepted so you don't have to do effort. 497.8 hours in blender of which most are game development related and one was a custom 3d model for an artist as a reference. This should take half the vertices of the fire hydrant and as such will not be laggy.

that's how much of a good idea I think this is, the extinguisher is just a nightmare.

Feel free to create us a model if you would like to, we're always happy to take on community contributions!

Reaction score
I've discovered that this was actually a bug. Part of our performance optimisations was getting in the way, as you couldn't see the fire truck so you didn't know it existed.

I have now fixed this.

Status
Not open for further replies.