Best Technic Pack

Which Modpack do you want!

• 1.7.10 Pack (Very bulky, tons of mods and pretty updated, very slow) https://tinyurl.com/y9x4lrd9

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

A1L

Reaction score
@Nate No idea lol, not us edit: i recorded the entire 3 hour thing, but deleted it due to needing hard drive space :*(

Reaction score
hi all, dont mind me shamelessly hijacking this thread. I've done some work overnight trying to figure out all the lagg related issues. It's been quite an issue the past view days and exactly pinpointing the issue is quite difficult.

The server has received various changes throughout the past days and i'm currently supplying hosting for it, and im helping around a bit as well
I've noticed 100% CPU usage spikes on all cores available on this machine. Right now, it's running on a dedicated linux machine with 32gbs of ram, an octo-core I7 and gigabit up and downlink, the resources available to it should be more than enough and the minecraft server is currently the only bit of software running on a dedicated server right now. from what i have been able to tell from testing there are some incompatibilities with some modpacks and plugins, causing java to freeze up on certain tasks. This means that sometimes chests don't work, but you can still build or talk in chat. This is due a concept called asynchrony
Something was causing a specific thread to hang or freeze up, despite plenty of system resources available. This caused 'lagg', this eventually freed itself up or caused the server to crash. Crashing was no longer a result of this issue most of the time due migrating to a better server.

after a night of testing a shitload of versions of forge, sponge and having deleted some unessesary plugins related to specific errors it should be more stable now. I've also altered some server settings, which should be irrelevant to minecraft but could increase performance . If you notice any lag again (Chests taking long to open or brocks not breaking the first try) please poke me on Teamspeak as soon as you can with a timestamp of when it happened so i can more easily narrow down the cause behind it!
also bigups to @Blackdown since he spends time on this stuff aswell!

If you are considering becoming a Java developer i'm going to come to your house and the shit out of you until you change you mind.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There's a massive antimatter bomb hole not too far from our base- I was testing them haha