Bomb lethality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/bomb-lethality.18361/

Main Idea: When stood within a certain radius of the bomb, you should die instantly instead of still being able to be revived, or decrease the amount of time you remain unconcious

Full description of the idea: When a bomb explodes, people close to it die instantly and can't be revived maybe make the unconcious time varied based on the distance of the person away from the bomb. Aswell as this, people who die from car bombs (the people inside the car atleast) should also die instantly since the car would blow up and the body goes flying, really the person has no chance of surviving such an explosion.

Why should it be added?: Recently when the mayor stood on top of the bomb when being taken hostage, the bomb exploded and she was revived a couple minutes later and then continued her day as if nothing happened. Really she would be dead the moment the bomb exploded. By adding this bombs are also more effective and can be used as a tool that ensures you kill people you may want to get revenge on or whatever.
Pros:
  • Bombs are more effective when used
  • Bombs are now guaranteed to kill people when you use them correctly

Cons: Could be a pain to setup/balance correctly, I'm not too sure.

Reaction score
Yea well, I would've done this obviously but I have no clear way to know if the explosion that killed you was from a bomb and not some other explosion presently, because the internal blast damage function does not give a list of players it hurt or killed (like it should). Thanks Source engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.