BR on Luke Person suggested by Niko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Steam/In-game Name: Eddie / Tyrone Trevis
His/Her Steam/In-game Name: Luke / Luke persson
His/Her SteamID: STEAM_0:1:7218412
Why Should This Player Be Punished: Basicly i Went around the city with my m24 on my back despratetly trying to find someone who mugged me to take revenge, but i gave up, Went back to our base, and i go inside without knowing cops or anything was raiding, so i see cops so i was gonna leave since i didn't want to interuppt the crime scene, basicly i didnt want to lose my m24, so i was gonna go to storage but then luke person decides to take fire, and after fully complying with his orders he tries to shoot me and after 5 bullets he kills me when i was harmless.

Evidence (Demo Required): This is what niko said:
There were no reason at any point shoot or kill Eddie in this situation. I would suggest making a ban request, as Luke failed to properly follow law 11.11, as you at no point or time appeared to be intending to harm anyone, nor did you pose a threat. Your weapon was placed on your back, and rather than opening fire, a pursuit should have been started.
You were apparently executed while typing a message, which also should not have happened.

In this case, as far as the police knew, you had only been carrying that weapon on private property. It might've been suspicious that you tried to escape (which would need some explaining, really), but there was indeed an excessive use of force.

I am kinda neutral on whether or not to support a refund, but I would support a ban request if one were to be made.

Tick:

Last edited:
Reaction score
You did kind of show it off but that doesn't give him the right to shoot you, you clearly obeyed his commands and showed no immediate threat to him so I will +Support this and I hope you get your gun back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
@Murtsley

6334223224.jpg

(bit blurry but yolo)

Here's another angle of the incident

f61857a6c2b85f4f0005fe4e8abf126d.gif

Reaction score
Quick comment: the suspect, while armed, entered an active crime scene with a clear Police presence; suspect fled from LEOs while armed; suspect was told to get down on their knees and did so, but, while being told to not move, stood up and appeared to be interacting with their vehicle, suspect was shot as a result of sudden, suspicious/hostile movements.

Justification: suspect was armed with a professional, expensive sniper rifle - it was very conceivable for a gun or explosive device to be in the car.

Reaction score
Quick comment: the suspect, while armed, entered an active crime scene with a clear Police presence; suspect fled from LEOs while armed; suspect was told to get down on their knees and did so, but, while being told to not move, stood up and appeared to be interacting with their vehicle, suspect was shot as a result of sudden, suspicious/hostile movements.

Justification: suspect was armed with a professional, expensive sniper rifle - it was very conceivable for a gun or explosive device to be in the car.

It was never certain whether police had entered the residence he was heading for, nor was the street/house blocked off with barricades to indicate an ongoing crime scene. Suspect stood up in order to type messages, and did not perform any hostile movements. He also did not appear to interact with his vehicle.

I do not believe your justification for shooting Eddie is sufficient, as he did not appear hostile, other than carrying a weapon. The situation was entirely under control as you had several officers and yourself at the scene, and the suspect did not appear to show resistance after being stopped from his escape.

Also, like I mentioned previous, I support this ban request.

Reaction score
-SNIP-

Contributed nothing towards the thread.

5) Unnecessary Posting - When replying to a topic/post you should use the appropriate response system, either a post or a comment. What you're posting has to be on topic and contribute something to the thread.

Reaction score
@Luke

Your justification is that he may have taken out another gun/explosive, if he would have taken one out, then it would say in the chat that he had opened his trunk. His gun was on his back, if he slung it over you could shoot as he would pose a threat, if he opened his trunk you could shoot. But as he did neither of those things. I don't think your justification is very legitimate.

Edit: I also +Support this ban request.

Reaction score
Honestly, he was facing the car and you straight up executed him whilst he stood there and took it. Look I understand that some random guy turns up with a gun on his back, but you of all people should know that action should not be taken until a person brings the weapon into passive stance.

Looking at from Luke's point of view I can see where he's coming from. If someone was to just stand up when told to get on their knee's the officer would react no doubt. But I don't think it'd be as aggressive as 5 shots to their body until they fall flat on the ground. It's simply overkill and there's no need, after all the law states you should use minimal force anyway right?

(Also I think you should of taken the mechanics of the game into consideration, this is a RP server that aims for immersion and realism, but at the end of the day when you type, you stand up).

Luke, you were a high-ranking staff member and you done a great job, but at the end of the day your status should not make you above the rules of the server mate. There have been countless situations like this. With all due respect I think this is the time you should just put your hands up and say "I did wrong". Plenty of other players do things like this and up suffering the consequences, so why shouldn't you?

But hey ho! What does my opinion matter.

Last edited:

Ayjay

Reaction score
I really feel that this ban request should be somewhat lenient towards Luke to a certain extent, the roleplay situation was extremely sloppy overall and should of been cared about with slightly more caution.

The suspect did enter a crime scene, and was told to stop moving several times however he ran away. Luke and several other officers followed the suspect outside and told him to get down on the floor. The suspect does so, however then gets up off the floor and from Luke's perspective looks like he's fidling with the car. He is then shot on sight for doing so, the suspect had a gun on his back a heavy weapon.

I do feel that shooting him dead was a tiny bit excessive, however Luke was completley justified in doing so.
He gained absolutley nothing out of doing this, this wasn't "rule breaking" it wasn't malicious or an attempt to gain anything, it was simply Luke seeing someone get off their knees and start moving about (a person with a sniper on their back) therefore he shot to take no chances.

The situation was already heated, and the suspect entered regardless and ran away from the police, then fiddled about and got off his knees.

If yall have a problem with me raging then get off my ban request
Also, you.. are an idiot.

Reaction score
Suspect stood up in order to type messages, and did not perform any hostile movements.

Suspect had a mic, and thus didn't need to stand up; either way, IC, he had no realistic reason to stand up. In that situation, standing up is a hostile movement.

@Luke

Your justification is that he may have taken out another gun/explosive, if he would have taken one out, then it would say in the chat that he had opened his trunk.

The feature whereby an automatic '/me' is made is relatively new and does NOT always work.

Reaction score
Suspect had a mic, and thus didn't need to stand up; either way, IC, he had no realistic reason to stand up. In that situation, standing up is a hostile movement.
Suspect may have been questioning your action and wanted clarification, or make a report. Either way, I believe you should've waited to see what he would do next, rather than immediately shoot him. I also do not personally believe that standing up is a hostile movement, and it does not indicate that the suspect has any intent to harm any other person(s), nor that he is a direct threat.

MattIs

I do feel that shooting him dead was a tiny bit excessive
Yeah, ruining the roleplay of a few people is a "tiny bit excessive".

If he was going to take out a weapon, he would be breaking rules and you should of reported him. But he didn't so that excuse is out of the question. We don't look at things at "how they could of happened" but instead "how they happened".

Reaction score
People don't tend to get shot when following orders from an officer to some reason, 2,1 on your side luke. This reminds me of when u beat me to death for not getting on my knees, you like people on their knees or something xD nvm, fully support this BR, luke clearly broke law 11.11, in the rules it states all government officials must follow the law 4.2, also 2.1,3.3 in my eyes and he did straight out murder the guy so.... 4.13 hahaha, anyways enjoy your ban or what ever you get.

M

Reaction score
He shot him because of a 'sudden movement' where it was clear that he didn't want him to move. Of course, he stood up to make an OOC remark - but he shouldn't have done this at such a prominent part of the roleplay situation.

Trevis entered the scene of a crime for one of two reasons:
  • He was attempting to aid criminals.
  • He generally risked his life for whatever he did in the house despite the obvious police presence.
Within the game mechanics, @Murtsley is right - however in a real life position, an explosive or detonator doesn't need to be in the trunk. I feel that in such a tense situation it is worthy of such suspicions as to why someone would:
  • Not comply with an order whilst having a gun pointed at you.
  • Having further disregard for your life by entering the tense situation, potentially with the intent on taking the risk of harming people inside with/without staying alive.
Under Law 11.11, it states that he must be deemed to be a direct threat or intent on causing harm, I therefore feel that under rule 2.1 Luke's justification is practical - consider this: if he doesn't care about the gun to his head, he may not care about the act of blowing himself up.

I can say personally that in a previous aggressive pursuit, Eddie himself dropped an explosive whilst under gunpoint having shortly exited the vehicle; so it is a perfectly reasonable circumstance that should not be ruled out.

To comment exactly on how I would hope that this is handled: sure, Luke could have taken another path and it is debatable as to whether he should have. I can honestly say that it's a belief that Luke could have acted upon given his already present disregard for his life, and so his justification should be accepted, and the entire situation dismissed as an In-Character issue. I fail to see which rule/law is broken when paired with his viable excuse.

Reaction score
Luke is known to execute people while they are cuffed, He has done it to me several times.

+Support. Ban this psychopath.

Reaction score
I +support this too.
He's randomly shot me before as well, he made me get on my knees outside of the pd, I was on my knees and he decided to shoot me in the end because I pissed him off.
I hope you get your gun back Tyrone and I hope he gets banned!

Reaction score
Huge +SUPPORT!

Pure RDM from a police Supervisor, Eddie did what Luke asked for, Then Luke shoots Eddie for what reason?

Reaction score
He shot him because of a 'sudden movement' where it was clear that he didn't want him to move. Of course, he stood up to make an OOC remark - but he shouldn't have done this at such a prominent part of the roleplay situation.

Trevis entered the scene of a crime for one of two reasons:
  • He was attempting to aid criminals.
  • He generally risked his life for whatever he did in the house despite the obvious police presence.
Within the game mechanics, @Murtsley is right - however in a real life position, an explosive or detonator doesn't need to be in the trunk. I feel that in such a tense situation it is worthy of such suspicions as to why someone would:
  • Not comply with an order whilst having a gun pointed at you.
  • Having further disregard for your life by entering the tense situation, potentially with the intent on taking the risk of harming people inside with/without staying alive.
Under Law 11.11, it states that he must be deemed to be a direct threat or intent on causing harm, I therefore feel that under rule 2.1 Luke's justification is practical - consider this: if he doesn't care about the gun to his head, he may not care about the act of blowing himself up.

I can say personally that in a previous aggressive pursuit, Eddie himself dropped an explosive whilst under gunpoint having shortly exited the vehicle; so it is a perfectly reasonable circumstance that should not be ruled out.

To comment exactly on how I would hope that this is handled: sure, Luke could have taken another path and it is debatable as to whether he should have. I can honestly say that it's a belief that Luke could have acted upon given his already present disregard for his life, and so his justification should be accepted, and the entire situation dismissed as an In-Character issue. I fail to see which rule/law is broken when paired with his viable excuse.
On Phone so cant. Comment but chris, im sorry when i dropped a bomb i. The intersection, i was bleeding and accidently clicked explosive instead of bandage

Status
Not open for further replies.