BR on Sky-Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
As seen in the video, sky walker turns to the door to close it however when he turned to Tyrone, Tyrone had an M82 at the meantime sky walkers gun went from passive to attack it seems. Tyrone clearly had it first. And to be honest, that is a fucking M82 which is way way more powerful than a shotgun. Basically Tyrone had the advantage with his weapon of choice. Sky's weapon would've taken two shots to kill while Tyrone's is just an instant death

Reaction score
Can't comment so I'll take it here; @Ash that does not really matter as of if it even wasnt loaded you still cannot pull a Gun out, the weapon is Worth a lot of money so I understand he would gunpoint to staysafe. Also if he now had the Gun up and didnt shoot why the fuck would you assume that the guy does not have any ammo? For real thats just stupid. Having a Gun to you and not being shot yet does not mean it's not loaded.

Reaction score
This has gone so far so now i want either Swiper, Mannerwaffle or loejseren's opinion on this because their the only one's i know will make te right decision at this time.

Reaction score
In my opinion, you shouldn't of even bothered to start to mug someone whilst having an M82 equipped anyway. However; from my eyes it seems like a huge misunderstanding, as ben went to close the door, he didn't see that you had your gun aimed, then instantly you can see Ben's gun aimed toward you. I don't think 3.4 was broke here at all, it was just by chance that you both had the same idea, and you both aimed your weapons at the least inconvenient time.

Reaction score
Mongboii Murtsley having read what Lawyer man Trande has put in, I now +Support this Ban Request, just by one line of 3.4:

"Risks are deemed to be unreasonable when it can’t be appropriately and effectively justified; for example, if a player was to rob the bank and fail, leading to their death, that player would be expected to demonstrate to an administrator that they had a realistic and reasonable plan and/or mind-set to succeed. "

Sky-Walker had no effective way to know that the gun wasn't loaded, therefore breaking 3.4 through taking an unreasonable risk, and the risk cannot be appropriately justified., honestly, I'm embarrassed that I didn't see that earlier...

Reaction score
@MrLewis Maybe you want to take a look at this picture here?
43f90a1b58.png

[DOUBLEPOST=1431866434,1431866281][/DOUBLEPOST]Things like these should be handled like court. The judge should not have any relation with the suspect & victim.

Reaction score
Right okay, I am going to give my honest opinion on this, in no way possible is this biased because Walker is in my org. (Like that would matter anyway, this is an OOC situation)

For starters Eddie, I feel that you are very disrespectful to Standish to reopen this post. You're pretty much shitting all over him, his authority and his admin decision, this is something that you should have taken to TS and spoke to the senior admins/Bolli about and let them deal with it because asking a load of mods and normal players who are lower in the ranking system than Standish himself isn't deemed necessary.

First things first, I feel that is it was very careless of Eddie to sell that M82 in a bazaar shop with no protection whatsoever or no view to the public, that is what caused this whole shit fest and you're mad about it. It was obvious it was going to happen.

Now with the video and 3.4, I have watched that video sooo many times and re read the rule tooo many times and with situations like this where both parties are at a neutral, you have to think "Who has the advantage/upper hand?" In this case it was Sky Walker. Why? Because you have to think how how heavy a M82 is, how long it will take to fire? And whose bullet will hit first? It seems that Sky Walker was in control of the situation here and if Eddie was to fire a shot of a M82 it has a very high chance of missing at this range and because of the recoil and weight of the gun, it would be more likely that Walker would win this situation.

With regards to 3.4
"Risks are deemed to be unreasonable when it can’t be appropriately and effectively justified; for example, if a player was to rob the bank and fail, leading to their death, that player would be expected to demonstrate to an administrator that they had a realistic and reasonable plan and/or mind-set to succeed."
This may have been a risk deemed necessary because 80K is a lot of money, now the realistic and reasonable plan would be, Kenneth being Walkers back up, if this failed and Walker died, Kenneth would have walked in killed Eddie, took the shotgun and took the M82, Kenneth would have taken the loot, survived and escaped the police. In this instance because Kenneth was on Walkers side, it would result in a victory to Walker.

Now there is ONE LITTLE FACT that I think everyone is forgetting here and I think that all the players here commenting throwing their weight and opinion around is. How did Walker know that it wasn't loaded? Because IC an M82 sells for 80K with no mags or ammo, everybody knows that and I paid 100K for my M82 with two mags. 80K is the basic price for an unloaded, empty M82. Because of that fact and the other facts mentioned, that is what is swaying my mind in Walkers decision and therefore means me -SUPPORTING this BR and +SUPPORTING Standish's decision.

Trande

Right okay, I am going to give my honest opinion on this, in no way possible is this biased because Walker is in my org. (Like that would matter anyway, this is an OOC situation)

For starters Eddie, I feel that you are very disrespectful to Standish to reopen this post. You're pretty much shitting all over him, his authority and his admin decision, this is something that you should have taken to TS and spoke to the senior admins/Bolli about and let them deal with it because asking a load of mods and normal players who are lower in the ranking system than Standish himself isn't deemed necessary.

First things first, I feel that is it was very careless of Eddie to sell that M82 in a bazaar shop with no protection whatsoever or no view to the public, that is what caused this whole shit fest and you're mad about it. It was obvious it was going to happen.

Now with the video and 3.4, I have watched that video sooo many times and re read the rule tooo many times and with situations like this where both parties are at a neutral, you have to think "Who has the advantage/upper hand?" In this case it was Sky Walker. Why? Because you have to think how how heavy a M82 is, how long it will take to fire? And whose bullet will hit first? It seems that Sky Walker was in control of the situation here and if Eddie was to fire a shot of a M82 it has a very high chance of missing at this range and because of the recoil and weight of the gun, it would be more likely that Walker would win this situation.

With regards to 3.4
"Risks are deemed to be unreasonable when it can’t be appropriately and effectively justified; for example, if a player was to rob the bank and fail, leading to their death, that player would be expected to demonstrate to an administrator that they had a realistic and reasonable plan and/or mind-set to succeed."
This may have been a risk deemed necessary because 80K is a lot of money, now the realistic and reasonable plan would be, Kenneth being Walkers back up, if this failed and Walker died, Kenneth would have walked in killed Eddie, took the shotgun and took the M82, Kenneth would have taken the loot, survived and escaped the police. In this instance because Kenneth was on Walkers side, it would result in a victory to Walker.

Now there is ONE LITTLE FACT that I think everyone is forgetting here and I think that all the players here commenting throwing their weight and opinion around is. How did Walker know that it wasn't loaded? Because IC an M82 sells for 80K with no mags or ammo, everybody knows that and I paid 100K for my M82 with two mags. 80K is the basic price for an unloaded, empty M82. Because of that fact and the other facts mentioned, that is what is swaying my mind in Walkers decision and therefore means me -SUPPORTING this BR and +SUPPORTING Standish's decision.

First of all. Saying he's shitting on Standish decision is just wrong. He thinks it's wrong, and he has every right to, or doesn't he? Many people feel the same.Advertising his gun isn't something which can used against him now, it's utter bullshit and you know it for yourself.

I've watched the video 20 maybe 30 times, and he clearly breaks 3.4. You can't turn the tables, he clearly does it.
And it's clearly not about having an advantage. Read fucking 3.4. He backed his actions by saying the gun wasn't loaded, which is a clear and utterly stupid assumption. And don't come with your prices, because Sky-Walker clearly said he thought so because he wasn't dead yet. Funny is, he actually had a mag on him, the sniper rifle just wasn't loaded, so Sky-Walker was lucky, nothing more.

3.4 doesn't mean you can risk your life, because your friend is outside waiting for you. So it does't matter, if kenneth was there, or not.

Sky-Walker is clearly in the wrong and broke 3.4, there is no way around. The rule is clearly states why.

EDIT: I like how you see it as a victory if Sky-Walker dies, but Kenneth survives. That's just wrong. If you die, you're dead, so risking it just isn't worth it. Your whole point is invalid.

Reaction score
Look this is how I feel about the situation and I said it yesterday to some people on the Perphead's TS. After looking at the Ban Request and watching the video, I instantly thought; Ben fucked up and I think he was lucky for it to get denied but I think his luck may run short. Eddie does have the right to challenge a Staff members discretion to be completely honest. Staff at the end of the day are just people who volunteer to help out and you'll notice that each staff member's rule knowledge differs due to some rules being a little open-ended or vague. 3.4 is one of these rules I believe.

Now you can pull the whole "Yeah an M82 is heavy and you'd most likely miss anyway, making the shotgun superior". Which is true, a shotgun is superior at short-range due to it's spread. But this is PERP, there is no over the top recoil or weight behind a gun. Perp aim's for realism of course, but it's still a game with limited mechanics and the way I see it, is that a gunpoint is a gunpoint.

If Eddie would have shot him and missed well unlucky, if he'd shot him and killed him well we wouldn't have this ban request would we? It's also unfortunate that he didn't have any ammo in the clip (This area of the BR makes it extremely awkward).

Look Walker's a good friend of mine and I respect him highly and I don't think it would be fair to warn/ban him. The situation was a mess from the start, we can see he fucked up but I don't think it was intentionally. I am neither going to -Support or +Support this due to the fact that I don't want to appear biased or go against a friend, I hope you can understand.

Reaction score
The attack stance could be delayed by him having to close the door. I think it is possible that you have pulled your gun at the same time.... Neutral for now

Why disagree? I said it was possible, not that it was certain

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well I am in the process of uploading the demo, however I am having an issue with GMOD. The Demo will not load

This is what happens when I go to load it. If anyone could help that would be great.

Link to demo as I cannot see it. If you would mind finding the tick that would be great
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/207369463/perpheads_demo_2015-5-16 22-08-45.dem

//Edit: Just thought I would add this on Trande said you can carry 12kg in a stressful situation. I googled the weight of an M82, depending on the barrel it weighs between 13.5-14kg

Last edited:
Reaction score
At the moment i think Sky-Walker is in fault so +support, but i guess everyone (just like me) is waiting for his demo

//EDIT: posted before the last 2 post were displayed

Last edited:
Reaction score
+Support

No matter how many staff members may attempt to be biased towards sky walker, the bottom line is he broke 3.4. He was not to know that there was no ammo in the weapon, with such a sniper rifle in your face you'd fear for your life even more than an ormal weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.