Can't join servers, connection failed after 6 retries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So this started as me being incredibly laggy on PERP to the point where it would do the Auto-disconnect thing every couple of seconds.
Then when trying to connect, it would show the loading tips for perp but would be stuck on connecting.
Now it just shows the default connecting screen and it gets timed out. I also tried to join another server but had the same result, but the PERP ground control server worked with no issues.

I don't get any errors in console and I didn't make any changes to anything on my PC as far as I'm aware.

Solution
Did you try verifying game files or completely reinstalling GMOD? Also, did anything content related change just before this happend?

Also, make sure to not tab out when connecting and perhaps try typing 'retry' in console right after getting disconnected.
Reaction score
Did you try verifying game files or completely reinstalling GMOD? Also, did anything content related change just before this happend?

Also, make sure to not tab out when connecting and perhaps try typing 'retry' in console right after getting disconnected.

Solution
Reaction score
Not much you can probably do from your side if the issue is with your ISP or the host. Try opening cmd in Admin and do 'ipconfig flushdns'.

I'd confirm if the issue is actually your internet first, try playing with a mobile connection or on another computer to single out the issue. If the issue persists you may have to contact your ISP or OVH for a possible resolution.

Edit: Or it could be that you're stuck in some sort of filter that has blacklisted your IP (ddos protection?). Restart your router to get a new IP if its supported, maybe Fredy can help.

Last edited:
Reaction score

No, but I'm planning on doing that

Reaction score

ok so this worked instantly, hopefully this wont be a temporary solution and it was just 1 time bug

Status
Not open for further replies.