Car Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Sharing Car Spawning with friends

Short explanation (in notes):
-add box in buddies list-Spawn cars
-allow friends to share cars

Detailed description (why should it become added/...): Ever had that feeling when you gave money to your friend to buy an awesome car and he wants to share it with you?
well, that's kind of annoying.
E.G.: you and your friend are buying a car that costs $500k. He got $250k and you give him $250k. You share this car and give keys to each other so everyone can drive it. But the friend goes offline and you cant enjoy the car you have payed half price for.
I suggest to add a box on Buddies list called "spawn cars". If it is ticked you can spawn the car but the garage guy will say something like "Be careful with it. if you damadge it you'll pay more." so if you damadge your friend's car you will pay x2 or more for repiars. Also may work for roadcrew.
also you won't be allowed to sell the car. if you try to sell your friend's car, it will say: "the vechicle is registered on an other name hence you can't sell it."
It sould become added since in real life if friends want to share a car they have keys to it and can drive it where they want. It will allow poor people to drive good cars of rich friends of their without getting in trouble.

Optional additions:
-
-
-
Thanks for reading this.

Reaction score
I do not think this would be practical, it would be a lot of work for the Devs and I do not think it would be worth the time, more important things need to be done.

MattIs

This would just be a pain in all fairness.
People would complain that someone took their car and wrecked it. It would spark all sorts of issues between people. It's just better if you go spawn your car and just hand over the keys if thats what you really want to do.

Reaction score
While I understand your example, it's your choice to help them purchase a car with their name on it. It's no simple matter to make it work without them on the server at the same time. Not only that, but what does this accomplish other than you having to spend less? Because it seems to me people would use your example for some of the most expensive cars so then they never need purchase it for themself. Also when someone is offline, you can think of it as though they moved away from Paralake so there'd be no reasonable access to their car.

Maybe it's me but this feels more like its about frugality than usefulness. Even if you purchase something together you should buy yourself a cheap one just so you can get around. When your friend is then around you can ride in style. Besides imagine how many times you'd come back online to have found your car wrecked by someone in your buddy list, welcome back indeed.

MattIs

denied.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.