Car speed buff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion post:

Main idea:
Raising the max speed of every car by 5 miles per hour, except work related vehicles

Description:
Raising the top speed of every car on the server by 5 miles per hour to allow faster transport around the large map, as well as cheaper cars getting stuck. Work related vehicles, such as the roadcrew truck, police cars, SWAT Van, fire truck, etc. Will NOT have a speed boost as the speeds of those vehicles are optimised for there purpose and do not need a speed buff.

Why this should be added:
-faster transport around the map
- Due to being stronger, crap cars won’t use up 1/5th of there gas tank climbing onto the subs on ramp.
- Vehicles won’t get stuck as much
Pros:
Shitwagons wont get stuck on a 30 degree incline
Everyone gets around faster
More fatal car accidents for RTU To deal with
Cons:
Certain cars might become completely un-handlable at the speed boost
Cheaper cars becoming wrecked easier, causing grief to new players

Reaction score
I agree with your work-related vehicle's opinion, that is actually pretty well thought out.

-faster transport around the map

Isn't this why you would buy a faster car?
Due to being stronger, crap cars won’t use up 1/5th of there gas tank climbing onto the subs on-ramp.
1/5th is an exaggeration, but I see your point. I just think this is also why you would buy a more fuel economic car.

Shitwagons wont get stuck on a 30 degree incline
Agreed. So what if we only added this to the shit cars? The cars that have the trouble of climbing inclines, and takes a whole 6 minutes to go around the map?

More fatal car accidents for RTU To deal with
More roleplay. I like.

Certain cars might become completely un-handlable at the speed boost
Cheaper cars becoming wrecked easier, causing grief to new players
This is why we would only give it to the cars that in most need, that struggle.
Not too many cars would be affected if we chose them properly, and the repair damage isn't too horrible.

Ayjay

Reaction score
I think you're right here, there's no issue with us tweaking the lower end cars. Max speed isn't a huge issue, it's more the acceleration and the weights of the vehicles. Although we'd look over all attributes of these cars, but like you said there's little reason in buffing the already speedy cars (possibly some handling tweaks, though)

Reaction score
If you ruin the driftiness of my SLR, you'll be on my very special list Ayjay.

Reaction score
My concern with just the low end cars being buffed would be where the line would be drawn, for example if they draw the line at 40 MPH, then suddenly the 1965 mini cooper is the same speed as the Mini cooper 2011. Hence why I suggested it, but on the other hand, it'd be pointless to raise the speed of cars that already do 70+.

Reaction score
Alternative idea to reduce the upgrade prices for the very low end vehicles and add a third possible upgrade for them which could also increase the max speed or have the option to just increase the horsepower. This way there won't be a need to rework every max speed and horsepower.
This could also be a start to more possible vehicle upgrades

Reaction score
Honestly all upgraded pices are excessive af. Spent like 200k on my mini if I remember correctly.

Reaction score
I partly understand why you're making this suggestion, it's not a bad shout however this has to be done with the lower-end cars that are having issues making up for ramps and such.

The reason why I believe that these are the only cars we need to tweak is simply because the Police will be having more issues with people running away from them for nothing if we make their cars even faster, even people with medium end cars will be able to run away from the police, some of them are on the same top speed as the police cruisers. Something that we do not need at the moment.

Something that I can agree with is what @LockedMango117 said, simply because I believe that the current speed of the mini coopers and such are fine as stock, now that might sound stupid to some people, but seriously picture it the way the economy is currently built up, you join the server with a set amount of cash, a new player is thrown into the game where they can start either working or doing criminal activities instantly; now let's say they buy a Mini Cooper and they get the impression that the car is a great car; that would be a massive blow to the players time played on the server as they would probably not chase a new faster vehicle instantly because they would be pretty happy with the car that they currently have ( a mini cooper or any other really shit car ) because they don't really need anything else for what they're doing.

Now if we have shit cars that make it up the ramp but not much else that would more or less force the player to chase a new car and grow their asses off and play the server more, where they would be addicted to the game and then would invest a lot of time into the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.