Change PERP to a HL2RP server.

HL2RP would revive the community and is obviously the best choice for the server's health

• Yay

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Okay so basically, the server is clearly on life support. I'm going to suggest an extremely ambitious idea but bare with me alright?

make PERP a HL2RP (half-life 2 roleplay) server

I know what you're thinking:

"but eviction that's a completely retarded idea and no one would like it"

first of all rude, second of all not necessarily

HL2RP currently is lacking in custom content and is all the same, so with our layers upon layers of custom content, we would be a breath of fresh air into the community.

also the PLPD could actually act like the gestapo and it would be realistic in the HL setting, how WACKY is that?!

also HL2RP is the epitome of serious roleplay, something our server is seriously lacking considering it's in the title, so this change would DEFINITELY bring that back yknow?

I've compiled a tl;dr list of the pros and cons, let me know of any others in the comments!

PROS

• makes the server fresh, bringing back old players
  • makes us stand out in the HL2RP community due to our higher amount of players and custom content, attracting a brand new array of players to our server!
  • the PLPD can embrace its inner soul and act like a dictatorial force, how cool is that?
  • the PERP framework would give us a good base to work from development wise
CONS

• very big gamble to switch to a new universe, could flop hard
  • current players may not be happy with the sudden possible shift in tone, activities and ease of gameplay
  • we'd need to develop (or edit) a new map which fits into the universe

let me know in the comments what you guys think of my idea!

Last edited:
Reaction score
It would at least add a theme and background to the server, some role-play foundation, however, it's going to be hard to kill a server that has been worked on for several years, characters and memories as well.

Reaction score
In all seriousness you have a point. Since LemonPunch shut down (not that it was perfect having been said) I have seen a large lack of decent HL2RP servers (and nebulous doesn't compare in the slightest)