Changes to carbomb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/changes-to-carbomb.16607/

Main Idea: Changes to carbomb

Full description of the idea: Remove DNA from corpses when they are carbombed and instantly kill them with no chance of revival.

Why should it be added?: Its extremely unrealistic to survive a carbomb and there is no possible way for DNA to get on the victim as you never even touched them. The bomb would also destroy any evidence whatsoever.

Pros: [list of all good aspects]
Realism.
Makes car bombs a viable way to kill someone without getting caught.

Cons:
[list of all bad aspects]
Harder for the police to catch the suspect.

M

Reaction score
As I've said in the past:

Chris said:
The DNA scanner I believe is representative of an investigation into a crime, since obviously in GMOD the only other mechanics that allow you to investigate are the accounts of other players, their pictures, CCTV, circumstances and interrogation. As much as this can be done to an extent, you are limited by the fact that there's very little else in the form of evidence, and on a gamemode where the police are constantly being called it would be near impossible to keep up on investigations.

Going back to what I said initially, about the scanning process being representative, I do agree that it should work off a more complex algorithm. For example, a DNA sample could be extracted and then considered to be pending. Depending on various circumstances surrounding the kill, the process of investigation could take a while (therefore somehow rewarding people who take the time to, for example, covertly kill someone with few bystanders/NPCs around) and the results eventually reach the police supervisor with a result.

All this is, is an extension of the time that it would take; retaining the functionality of the scanner but being more reasonably representative.

Reaction score
I'll always remember the time @Chopper had friends that betrayed him via carbomb, he survived and we went out for revenge. It'd be nice to know you can actually kill someone with no chance of being caught. +Support

Status
Not open for further replies.