Cheaper Guns Suggestion Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/make-guns-cheaper.35280/

Main Idea: Make weapons cheaper then what they are now.

Full description of the idea:
Lower the amount needed of materials needed for all the weapons currently on PERP.

Why should it be added?:
Discussion post had positive ratings towards the post.
Many people suggest that low cost weapons can help solve saltiness and toxicity towards OOC chat.
Helps sweaters be able to defend against cops and high tier raiders.
Server will have more criminal RP.

Pros:
More people willingly able to shoot people without worrying about losing $$
More crafting shops at bazaar
Easier for sweaters to get the hang of the weapon mechanics
Sweaters are able to afford them
Less salt/crying in Out of character chat
More organizations being able to fight off players
People can invest all their millions of unused cash @Cody Garrett

Cons:
none

Reaction score
I think the prices of the guns are good as they are. There is no reason to lower the price of guns couse it’s eventually going to become dark rp

Reaction score
I can't deal with it because I don't sweat perp anymore, so I've got no guns basically.

Reaction score
Before the big gun update a few years back, the cheapest gun was a beretta, and could be made for about $2000. The new crafting update added a shit ton of guns, and the revolvers added thereafter made the total amount of weapons huge, but even with the little shitty five shot taurus, that costs more to make than the old beretta did. Back then everything was cheaper, and it seemed to work well. The +50% price for pretty much everything since then has had a sobering effect on people I think, not to mention how much slower it is to craft stuff now, even with the crafting update released a few months ago. I think reducing the cost of materials across the board by about 25-30% and making crafting faster by about 40% would really bring players back to crafting and selling guns, and more people would buy, as the prices wouldn't be ludicrous.

Reaction score
Seems like as the years have gone in things have become more expensive and harder to achieve to accommodate for the regular players who have been able to get as many resources and money to get to a point where it isn't that large of a hit when making or buying weaponary. The hardness of the ability to succeed and how quick it takes a player is obviously to keep game there so that players with a lot of money and resources still have something to work for and in-turn not get bored and leave.

The newer you are to the server the harder it will be to get anywhere. I can say though that it is possible to work your way up to that point as I seen to manage every year to earn lots if dosh and loose it by wasting it all.

But I do have to say that every year it seems to get harder to earn money. I was going to go into a few things I wanted to say about the drug system, but I ain't going to go there unless someone provokes me.

Reaction score
The perp experience for me mainly lies in player interaction at this point, it's far too expensive for me to do anything anymore than drive around at this point. I don't grow anymore because it's boring and old as shit. We honestly need to make guns cheaper or add new jobs like some form of trash collector, bus driver (maybe), or a more interactive repair system for rc (specific damage stats). Limit resources in stores when a courier is on-duty or something, give them something more to do.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
The problem with perp atm and crimimal rp is it's so grindy to get money and marksmanship is so hard for new players they get pulled towards fishing and especially the PD as soon as they lose something. People care way too much about losing guns compared to what it used to be like. People like me don't want to go on duty as TFU just because friends will lose guns and drugs that they spent 20-30 mins grinding for.
I think reducing the price of some guns that are used less than rifles like smgs shotguns and pistols would revive criminal rp a lot more than some shitty org perks that wont do shit.

Reaction score
The thing is though, the money you get by just growing and fishing is absurd, the amount got highered badly so the prices of the guns rose slightly aswell, market inflation on multiple things, don't see the problem to be honest...

I will use myself as an example. i haven't played for a few months and only seriously started playing this week. I never ever cared about levelling firearms or marksmanship since i came for police roleplay and i basically grinded that.

Now that i lost my PLPD Rank(s) i decided im going to level everything and just grow alot.

The last three/four days i tried growing. i did it stealth alone. it went well in the early morning and the very late hours(With theses i mean between 24:00 - 05:00 or 12AM until 5AM in retard) but i got raided a shit ton, mostly by zergs who rushed me with 4 men.

i went basing with friends, we lost a bunch of raids, we won a few.

In total, i tried growing for 4 days. take 40% of the total time away for policing.

I had 300K in bank. i spend it all on materials. In the end i had like 30 pistols and i gained two levels. I also crafted 40 rifle ammo. I used that to level up my marksmanship. i constantly grew during that time to buy more materials and more ammo and guns i lost in the raid. After selling 11 weapons, my bank is now at 70K with all my drugs sold.
The amount of times i lost my drugs and had to buy more pots and water tanks was pretty fucking huge. Like, seriously huge. If you manage to survive getting raided by zergs 16 cops like to have a word with you too.

Now imagine what a new player who has 0 on everything fucking goes through. if i wasn't able to even craft pistols or rifle ammo myself and i kept getting raided i would've just left the server. I find the balance between new players and lvl 100/100/125 players is too fucking big. I don't care about losing money, i just play for fun. That's why i've been here for over three years and still drive a 500K car.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4983

Yo, use sniper ammo instead of rifle ammo to level marksmanship.

Reaction score
is there a "sniper ammo" variant of the pistol and shotgun ammo as well? so I can level my pistol, sub and shotgun faster too????????????????????????????????? seems kinda retarded that sniper ammo levels faster simply because you slapped on a scope.

Status
Not open for further replies.