Christmas 2020

• Thread starter Deleted member 1235
  • Start date

Deleted member 1235

13-Nov.jpg

As 2020 draws to a end, and the world around us seems to be crumbling. I'd like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

For a lot of us, videogames, online forums and community chats such as discord, steam or TeamSpeak have played a crucial role in stemming the loneliness that arises out of the isolation that we have all been subject to at some point.

My fellow Brits are experiencing a whole new wave of the virus, with Tier 4 restrictions meaning we cannot leave our homes unless for essentials such as food or medicine.

Consequently, many of us are unable to be with family or friends this Christmas and New Year. I myself, will not be able to spend Christmas day with my 88 Year old Grandma for the first time in 23 years.

It's important we all remember that this virus will at some point be beaten. I know a lot of people both from perp and in real life, who have said they feel like there's no end in sights and that Christmas is only going to make things worse. My response to them has always been the same. In December 1941, much of Europe and the world felt that the war was almost lost, and that there was almost no point in continuing the fight. People would've sat round their Christmas tables, with friends and family missing and fearing they would never get to experience 'normal' ever again.

Alas through continued determination and fighting their war was won, and normality eventually resumed. This will be the case for us. Whether that's the Spring/Summer 2021 or even 2022. We don't know when this will be over, but rest assured, it will be one day.

With that in mind, I wish you all a very safe and comforting Christmas.

- Duffy

Reaction score
This year really has been shitty although I should probably be pretty grateful for not being furloughed or losing my job. I've been working from home since the middle of March and at first I thought it was quite nice to not have to travel half an hour in my car to work in each direction, but now I would much rather be at work to actually be able to see colleagues in person. Only been able to get together with some people from work once since the pandemic for drinks so I'm hoping that 2021 is somewhat better and we can start returning to work again. In September time I was scheduled to go back into the office from January although that's been pushed back until at least the summer now. I've also been put into tier 4 from boxing day so yeah that sucks.