Coffee-combat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
In addition to Trande's recently posted 'Basic RP-Guide' there's something I'd like to discuss. In my opinion it's a necessity to discuss how to avoid unrealistic actions during RP situations. Most server rules are based upon common sense and people should therefore adapt to the purpose of the PERP gamemode (serious roleplay in general).

v7nobRT.png

According to server rule 2.1 "(...) players are expected to play realistically at all times (...)" and until the developers have found a solution to the excessive coffee drinking it requires debate.

Many people succesfully evade arrest by law enforcement simply by consuming multiple cups of coffe while sprinting. Drinking coffee instantly results in regain of your stamina which means that your capability to either fistfight or evade the police will increase.

qUtCFR4.jpg

Fistfighting is not about how good you're at fighting. The amount of coffee in your inventory decides who wins the fight as it's a huge advantage against an opponent.

Let's face it. It's extremely unrealistic to run away from a police officer while drinking from a cup of coffee. The overall reason of why I'm starting this discussion is because I've never seen or heard about any staff members who have banned/warned someone as the result of "exploiting" this feature.

Feel free to discuss other similar issues in this thread.

Here is an example of what I'm talking about (at least 3 cups of coffee were consumed within the 36 seconds the chase lasted):

Reaction score
I hate it too, I tried it many times when playing as an officer. It is totally failrp as coffee irl doesn't affect in 1 second, and you are gonna get heart problems or eventually die from drinking that much if you are fleeing often. You should get a chance of receiving minor damage ehen drinking it lol.

Reaction score
I hate it too, I tried it many times when playing as an officer. It is totally failrp as coffee irl doesn't affect in 1 second, and you are gonna get heart problems or eventually die from drinking that much if you are fleeing often. You should get a chance of receiving minor damage ehen drinking it lol.

I only puked once from consuming a "Cup of Joe" (cup of coffee)". Apart from that I've never tried it.

Reaction score
This really is a problem. Never have been thinking about this before you brought it up.

Reaction score
I can see how annoying it can be at times, I myself havent experienced it in a while as i dont really go cop anymore. Ideally what I feel players should start doing is, stopping when they need a drink, drink what ever drink they want, wait about 5 seconds, and then continue. I mean, this never actually happens as we all know, normally a player will just act as if they can chug a drink whilst literally sprinting from a cop.

I do support that something should be put into place to prevent this, also nice job on the post, it seems like you put a lot of effort into it. ;)

Reaction score
Thanks for making me lol at the picture you made. On a more serious note, I appreciate the fact that you remember us how much of a problem this actually is.

Reaction score
How the fattie cops can be more faster than 504 Gotti Boyz eh? This is not acceptable. Thiiis iiis nooot acceptable!

504,Man 504..Anyway

Lets see,Coffee's are really giving advantage on getaways to civilians,who can drink cup of coffee when running/getting away from cops or someone?

Of course PH Citizens and Officers can!

Mad Joe for the win.

Reaction score
So, I guess this can be closed now. This will problem will be gone in the new update due to the new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.