Cops And Civs NLR During Raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ophelia

Banned
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: 5.3 Raiding/ 3.5 New Life Rule.
Your version of the rule:

When a player has died In Character, and after they have re-spawned, they must wait at least 5 minutes (a countdown is provided) before they may either return to the place where they died and/or interact with the situation. They must also treat their re-spawn as a new life. A system is in place to inform players that they are in breach of this rule, any attempt to bypass this system will not be tolerated. Joining or leaving any government job is to be treated as a new life.

When a player is given a new life they must forget/may not act upon any and all details of their previous life; this excludes properties and cars that they own, government positions that they hold, and any friends or acquaintances that they have/had made.

Players should not use or act upon any information gained from other players that are relevant to their previous death, while their NLR timer is active.

Police Officer shouldn't be able to go back to the shootout if the Officer has died at the scene. If all Officers have died at the scene they should not be able to raid for 30 mins (or an hour)

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited: Currently the NLR rule isn't 100% followed, nor is it really RP friendly since when you die, 10 min after you've waited to respawn and for your NLR to go over it seems you allow people to return to the still-active scene as long as 1 person says "oh I need help here" which is breaking the rule in itself. NLR shouldn't be something you can instantly disregard second someone asks for help. You shouldn't be allowed to return to the scene where you died if it is still ongoing even if a fellow officer, org member, or friend asks you over an SMS, Phone Call, or radio for help because you died in that situation. Currently, we have people running back and doing a never-ending raid on the Police force where it is most common for this, by having 1 police officer remaining alive and hidden so they can constantly call reinforcements in after their NLR is over which is not fair at all. Despite if you're a tiny group, big group, or only one person this happens way too much. You should not be allowed to return to the scene you died no matter what and that should count for everyone.

Last edited:
Reaction score
@ϡCapitan SkezZHDᴱˡˡᶤᵉ That is what I have gathered as a generalisation on not necessarily OP, but anyone who thinks cops shouldn't return to raids and that defenders should be allowed to camp a property. I'm sorry if you perceive that as a personal attack, but again, I've been in this community for a fair while now and played all aspects of the server, from being in several top list notorious criminal organisations and a member of TFU since 2018, This is literally the reason people sit inside bases after killing cops, because I know for a fact that I used to do this until I faced staff intervention and had it explained to me why I can't just sit in a base, as well as me witnessing other people with this mindset.

The reason people sit in bases after they have killed cops who tried raiding them literally is the reason you perceived as a personal attack. It takes actual effort and skill to push cops, not a massive amount but skill is involved, but it takes far less effort to sit inside an apartment with a gun aimed at the door from behind barricades and spotlights, which is why people want it. Catering to this mindset and ideology would further disbalance the game mode in favour of laziness and easy money, making the criminal lifestyle even more of a general meta than it currently is as opposed to it being "High risk, high reward".

The idea that someone should just be able to kill all cops and sit inside a warranted property for 30 minutes is ludicrous. By then, if a search warrant wasn't set, the raid would likely have been forgotten. Even now we have instances of cops initiating raids, then not going back after dying, it happens a lot. Its rarely even an issue nowadays, and the issue can be avoided completely by just leaving the scene afterwards like the rules suggest and like how players have been doing it for years.

On top of this, if you want no one to return to the scene of a raid, have fun not being able to go inside your property for 30 minutes after someone bombs you through a floor the moment you enter your house.

Reaction score
I disagree, because cops all know where you are. The whole idea is, you kill the cops, then change location, so that way they won't be able to find you.

Reaction score
@BigBenji Alright I'll explain what I myself initially wanted!

So how the idea worked as I initially meant it myself! I do know that sometimes raiders are way more OP then the Police due to the difference in weaponry and size, which yes some will say is unfair I get it 100% and I do understand some people are like "You can move out and you should move out." which is also a fair point! But when someone dies from an active shootout in a scene, and returns it kinda makes it even harder for either the Police, or the Civilians involved. And the point of this is that when you do win over someone in a raid, be it a Police, a Civilian or whatever you shouldnt have to worry of dead people coming back 10 minutes later just because 1 person decided to hide to continue the raid. Instead the raider should escape, or either push in its up to him. I know it may not be what every person wants and its fine, I get it. The current system isnt exactly terrible, but to at least my own personal opinion I wish that if you are dead you should not be allowed to return at all until the situation is done because if you die or lose its a new life and you shouldnt get involved in the situation. I hope that makes sense, if you disagree as I said you can and I wont mind. :D

Reaction score
@BigBenji I see your point btw. I dont have much to say back because it makes sense. I may not agree to them being able to return but I get it. :p And I aint an amazing shooter myself in any way, nor am amazing fighter but you are correct. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.