Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Death needs to be more scary and undesirable; I think this suggestion/idea will greatly help:

When you die, you should remain dead for 10 minutes.

The time in which you can be revived should be dependant on how you died.

For example, if you are knocked unconscious, if you are not revived within 1 minute, you will die; once dead, your screen will go from red (covered in blood) to black, where you will remain dead for the remainder of the 10 minutes; so 10 - 1 = 9 minutes additional minutes.

Benefits

The more undesirable death is, the more realistically people will play to avoid it.

Will help to prevent people from driving recklessly, because of the increased risk of death.

Will make people care more about dying, rather than just what weapons they'll lose.

Will help to prevent people from doing dangerous and life-threatening things without proper consideration/planning.

Will prevent people from 'finishing-off' their friends so that they spawn more quickly, which is against the rules.

This idea would also coincide with the body bag ideas where the current plan is to have corpses stay around for longer.

Will help prevent people from breaking the New Life Rule, NLR; specifically, the aspect where you are not allowed to return/re-join to the place/the situation which involved your death, for at least 10 minutes.

This would be particularly helpful when killing Police officers within the Police Department when breaking someone out of jail, for example; this is currently a problem because when a Police officer dies, they will re-spawn inside the Police Department, which can be very problematic; this idea/suggestion prevents this from being a problem.

Being a serious RP server, there isn't a reason not to do this.

Bow

Reaction score
Having the idea of 10 min just sitting waiting til it passes when you are dead is the worst , and the thing about the black screen is even worst because people get BlackScreen crash all the time on Gmod and let's say you were dead for 10 min waiting it to pass while in fact your Gmod crashed and you are already alive .

Reaction score
Luke;n3049 said:
Will make people care more about dying, rather than just what weapons they'll lose.

Yes, I often have people come up to me after I kill them saying "Dude can i have my gun back please? I really need it" And little do they know im staff but this gets quite annoying.

I think over all the idea is fantastic and would add alot more realism!

Supporting

Status
Not open for further replies.