Props and Barricades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I think how people currently build barricades is beyond unrealistic. I have 2 possible suggestions/ideas to resolve this, the first being more realistic.

A new rule should be added that prevents people from freezing ANY props within a barricade; instead, people could just put loads of props in a pile behind a door, instead of a wooden fence, like in real life...

To help this work, certain props should be made heavier; specifically, the stove.

Option 2, which could potentially work in conjunction with the first option, is to allow props to be destroyed. Different props would have different levels of health, and tools such as hatchets, police battering rams, etc, could damage props until they have been destroyed.

Fire shouldn't damage metal fences, instead bolt cutters could be used.

Benefits

GREATLY increased realism and gameplay.

Helps prevent unrealistic and rule-breaking barricades and use of props.

Reaction score
Why just not add something that unfreezes things? I mean the freezing of an object can be seen as welding or nailing it to the ground and if I'm not mistaken there is allready a rule for that (realism rule or something , don't know the exact rule number), also wouldn't making barricades out of multiple loose objects impact the FPS greatly?

That "something" could be a sledgehammer or maybe even a shotgun which packs a lot of punch.

Also IRL i can imagine if people need to make a quick barricade they will do it with loose objects as in the example you showed, but if they have enough time im pretty sure they will use nails, wooden boards and what not.

Reaction score
Well in addition to what MazZ said maybe add a timer to the actual freezing of the prop to simulate the time punching in nails and whatsoever take.

Reaction score
Obviously simply unfreezing props is not the greatest idea because they are glitchy as heck to run over sometimes. (Do not abuse this) and making it so a door is unable to open due to props in the way isn't a great thing either just due to computations needed to determine it all. But making props have health is a possibility, however it would need to be a large amount of health so would take a fair bit to be destroyed. That said, with how expensive props are right now, some other changes will need to happen or when raided, you are going to lose several thousands. Guns, drugs (potentially), props, etc. All adds up when all the raider risks really is a gun, so some balancing needs to be done, but overall not a bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.