Police Suggestion Detectives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Detectives
Suggestion Description: A new whitelisted PD secondary division, with detective gear, similar to TFU and Traffic, with the primary purpose of information gathering.

First and foremost, I believe for this role to be meaningful, supervisors should not have access to the DNA tool any longer. Right now they basically half-fill the role of a detective using the DNA tool already, and that's a role that they honestly don't need, on top of their supervisor duties.

Detectives would have a black or other suitably boring suit, and a police vest overtop of it, or something similar. A unique and interesting uniform that sets them apart from uniformed officers is the primary intended aesthetic.
Policies would prevent detectives from responding to shootouts in detective gear, to avoid them using their non-uniformed appearance to their advantage.
Detectives would have access to unmarked vehicles only.
Detectives would use a Delta 1-3 callsign.
Detectives would not have access to any primary weapons, such as shotguns, and have only light armour.
Detectives would be limited to two in gear at any one time, with the potential for one more to be on duty with a mayoral policy.

Detectives would have a standard DNA tool, as well as "forensics kit" which would permit them to get the name of an individual who:
- Last drove a vehicle
- Last picked up a dropped item/weapon
- Broke a crowbar/bobby pin

This may seem overpowered, and if it had no counters, it may well be, however I believe Acetone, or another, more expensive chemical, should be able to be used to wipe that item/vehicle/debris clean of forensic evidence.
- 10s use time for wiping a vehicle clean
- 3s use time for wiping an item/weapon/debris clean

I don't believe acetone should be able to be used to remove DNA from bodies, as that would make it too easy to get away with murder, but the acetone will allow criminals an effective counter to detective's evidence gathering, should they be prepared, and have the time to complete the purge.
The latest chop shop addition, where the car doesn't immediately disappear, would be perfect for this. Car thieves would have to decide whether they have enough time to clean the car after dropping it off, or if they have to run to avoid police then and there, and deal with the car being linked to them if/when a detective arrives.

I'd really like to hear feedback from the crim mains on how this can be balanced, rather than just rejecting it out of hand. I think the acetone is a good counter, and makes criminals need to think more about cleaning up after themselves, but I'd like to hear some other perspectives.

Why should this be added?:
Makes stealing and abandoning cars carry some weight and risk.
Makes determining who's gun belongs to who in a dispute easier.
Makes determining who broke in possible, in instances where no body is left behind.
It's cool. That's a perfectly valid reason.

What negatives could this have?:
Detectives abusing their civilian appearance to gain an advantage in shootouts.
More difficult to get away with crime.

What problem would this suggestion solve?: Cars get stolen and abandoned all the time, and chop shop right now is pretty damn easy when the only way to figure out who stole the car is by catching them in the act.

I would honestly love to see a detective expansion to the PD, unfortunately any suggestions along these lines will be downvote bombed by the cops OP gang.

What negatives could this have?:
Too slow paced for the situations that already occur
Further complicating the police department
While I would love to be a detective, I don't think the role itself fits the PERP's environment

Detectives would have a standard DNA tool, as well as "forensics kit" which would permit them to get the name of an individual who:
- Last drove a vehicle
- Last picked up a dropped item/weapon
- Broke a crowbar/bobby pin
This would be nice to see implemented for supervisors instead

I do like the idea and would to see this added maybe in v6 but what if no detectives are on and we need dna on a body or something

This has been suggested several times before, more notably this suggestion:
This has been denied and your idea entrails the same or similar points as in the post.

This has been suggested several times before, more notably this suggestion:
This has been denied and your idea entrails the same or similar points as in the post.
That suggestion bears little resemblance to this one I feel. Investigation reports are dumb, and I ain't writing fucking shit.

Given that any meaningful investigation activities fall short in police roleplay, as no officer will find time to deal with such nuisances, having to decide to which of the three simultaneous shootouts to go to, I would personally love to see a division of such sort, that would focus on these works.

I would suggest to go even further and say that such Detectives could also involve themselves in investigating financial crimes (fraud, tax evasion, etc.), which would provide very valuable roleplay, and perhaps (maybe just perhaps) have players deal with feuds in other ways, and not just use such to have a rule-wise acceptable reason to practice their e-sport skills.

PERP IS NOT FOR RP... This will never work.. nothing about the server is SERIOUS RP... continue playing cops and robbers please THANK YOU!
I'm not suggesting some google docs case file-ahhh shit. I'm suggesting a tool that allows certain police officers to determine who drove a car last, who handled a gun last, or who tried to break into something, and there's simple, balanced counters suggested for each of them. Brother give me something constructive please.

Status
Not open for further replies.