[Discussion] Enforcing 2.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Can we have some real enforcement on breach of 2.9 in certain cases? I'm talking handing out warnings. To be more specific, I'm talking about the "/help" function.

The reasoning is simple, if someone is asking for help you don't use /help to respond with the dumbest, cringiest joke that no one laughs to. Sometimes they don't even try to crack a joke but straight up seriously and intentionally give false/misleading information that a new player might take as correct.

Quite a few users like to do this and the most that ever happens is their help message going <Message deleted>. I literally don't care if you use /advert to say X is ugly or /help to say "wow how did u one tap me" when you've run out of OOC, what bothers me is messing with players that need help/are new.

Reaction score
Could not agree more. Whenever I see someone ask for help I always try to help out to the best of my abilities because those people ask that question because they don't know the answer. They don't ask the question to get a stupid joke or misleading response.
Please modmins or higher, start handing out punishments for people doing this. It's not very nice to players that need the help, and it sure is not welcoming to new players!

Reaction score
So people want the rules to be less strict but now you want them to be stricter? makes sense

Reaction score
So people want the rules to be less strict but now you want them to be stricter? makes sense

Yes because PERP community is a hivemind and if a few fellas want the rules to be less strict it's contradictory for me to open this discussion /sarcasm

Your comment makes no sense

Reaction score
na but for reals, I could see new players not knowing what to do and then leaving cause of it, I think this COULD be a nice way of handling it, idk tho.. im neutral on this idea

Reaction score
Bumpity bump.

I completely agree, misleading new players by intentionally giving false information shouldn't be allowed. I think it should only extend to important stuff though, such as asking about rules, and stuff that, if they're misled on, could cause them problems with staff or police.

Stuff like answering 'whats the best gun?' with 'beretta' is fine though because that's more of a subjective question, which can warrant a subjective answer.

Reaction score
Bumpity bump.

I completely agree, misleading new players by intentionally giving false information shouldn't be allowed. I think it should only extend to important stuff though, such as asking about rules, and stuff that, if they're misled on, could cause them problems with staff or police.

Stuff like answering 'whats the best gun?' with 'beretta' is fine though because that's more of a subjective question, which can warrant a subjective answer.

Call me sensitive if you want but if I am new, see a channel where you would expect correct, helpful information and I ask: "Where's the car dealer?" and I'm told to go to suburbs only to find it's in business after I'm already at subs storage, I'd be a bit pissed off, and doesn't cause problems with staff/police.

There's no need to put this safeguard for "important matters", because then you have players interpreting what is and what is not an important Help question and we still end up with trolls. It's not so hard at all, just stop being assholes (not directed at anyone in specific) to people asking for genuine help on a channel dedicated for it.

I obviously agree on the second part about subjective questions, though.

Reaction score
I fully stand by this! So many times I have seen players give out misleading information. For a new player, they can take it seriously. Perp is a very confusing game mode if you have never played it before. It takes a while to learn and is very complicated compared to dark RP. I hope something gets done about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.