Server Suggestion Dispatch mute button

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Dispatch mute button
Suggestion Description: So I been in a bunch of situations where dispatchers have been talked over and honestly its getting annoying so what i want too suggest is a radio mute button, as with dispatch be unpopular as it is, trying to get more people onto dispatch and to listen to you is nightmare fuel. So this is my idea to limit this

What I mean by dispatch mute button

So have you ever had a situation like https://medal.tv/games/garrys-mod/clips/iV0CPIpDXhZergWxI?invite=cr-MSw1cmwsMzE1MzQ1NjQs This happen too you on dispatch, I'm sure you have so this is my idea too limit that at the very least

Little button on the left hand side of the screen, where the camera button is could be a mute button, the mute button mutes anyone that is not a sergeant+ to limit there talking over the radio, unless they panic or is given free reign by the dispatcher (could be like another little button or something saying unblock for example if in a pursuit anyone in said pursuit has there coms open and can speak) This could help immensely with idiots constantly breaking radio protocol and while its a supervisors job to reprimand them there been times where its just feels like its not worth it, Or there's not a supervisors on, or they get a slap on the wrist from IA etc.

So with the button activated, it shows something on screen like a notification showing the dispatcher on duty has pressed the mute button, please only panic if necessary this can be toggled for a curtain amount of time be that 30 seconds or 2 mins too help dispatchers actively give incidents too units without being talked over, Of course this can be stopped at any time by the dispatcher OR if in an emergency you panic letting you speak too the dispatcher and getting there point across

Why should this be added?:
I feel like this should be added for multiple reasons

- It would help less experienced dispatchers want too come onto dispatch more
- Less reprimands, less work for supervisors
- Dispatchers have more control over the radio
- The all important QoL improvements

What negatives could this have?:
However I can see some downsides

-Can be easily abused in some cases as if you think about it if a dispatcher has constantly turned it on unless you panic how can people contact dispatch, However would put failsafe's in place within policy's if this does get approved however I could see this happening
- Devs would hate me more then they do now (spending dev time making stuff that only a few people would actually use)

What problem would this suggestion solve?: Radio protocol breakers

Besides this very great suggestion it would be nice if supervisors would actually start to enforce radio policy and reprimand people talking over the radio. Dispatchers should be able to give out reprimands for it as well.

While I like the general idea of helping dispatchers overcome the radio clutter issue, I think mute button might be slightly excessive.

Instead I would suggest implementing something like priority message, similiar to priority speaker on ts3 (or something like that, idk how it's called exactly). i.e when dispatch talks in priority mode, radio volume of other people speaking is significantly lowered to ensure dispatch can be heard over them, yet still allowing to hear the others speak as the mute button is an double edged sword - sometimes it's officers not obeying radio protocol obstructing the dispatcher, but sometimes also officers during intense situation are obstructed by poor dispatcher who instead of allowing open comms during huge shootout, decides to shout on officers for not following radio protocol when they fight for their lives. Priority speaker mode would have reduced impact on that, as opposed to mute button which might entirely remove officers ability to effectively communicate mid situation.

This is a possible idea, another solution I had to this is just having officers below a certain rank have their radios talk only to dispatch unless dispatch unlock it for an incident.

it's basically impossible to play dispatch or to even have your radio unmuted during peak times because people using radio for the most random shit clogging it up