Enforcer Application [Allen Kennedy]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
IC Name: Allen Kennedy

Steam Name: Allen

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:50229236

About me:
So, most of you probably know me, I've been in the community since September 2014, on and off here and there. I was inactive for a while around my exams, all of which are well and truly behind me now. I've wanted to make this for a while now, my last one was over a year ago IIRC. I applied then, and was denied due to a warning I received, for uh, "leaving a man with dick half cutted off and bleeding a lot." I won't deny, it was a confusing situation. Also, Bollers thinks I'm not enforcer material... Yeah.

I am 16 years of age, and will turn 17 as of the 13th November. I am currently waiting for the overall results of my SQA grades for Higher; Computing, English, and Graphics.
I plan on going into game scripting, 3D or 2D animating, 3D modelling, as well as writing storylines, characters, etc. I have a passion for all four, and enjoy doing things related to them in my spare time.
Although nothing is really set in stone as of now, I have plans of doing a game design course at Abertay university in Dundee, Scotland, after my last year in high school.

I can safely say I have matured vastly in the past year alone. I think people who knew me back then would likely agree.
Oh boy, embarrassing past here we come. I always had a history of anger problems, since I was, well since I was about six. I've spend the better part of my life learning to combat these problems, and I've always had outside opinions on how I progress.

I've learned a lot from being a proud member of this community. I've learned how to talk with people, how to be less anti-social with people, how to use outside perspective to see how an action would look like in another's eyes.

Common misconceptions:
Now most of you probably know me from me being a police officer in-game, or a police dispatcher. You may think of me as being rather short-tempered, impolite, and unprofessional. You'd be wrong in my opinion. Although I do like to shout quite a bit, and I do curse often, this is rarely with any malice towards anyone, and any staff member who has talked with me in an administrative situation would likely testify that I am usually a calm and collected individual.

I do like to take a jab at people for a laugh, which can often be misinterpreted as me holding a grudge, or having a go at someone whom I supposedly "don't like." A recent example would be in Chrissy's recent demotion, resignation. I joking said; "If only it was Chris." In reference to a little beef me and Chris had a while back, and it was soon removed.
I feel people take me a bit too seriously some times.

Why I am applying:
I believe I'm ready for this position as I have the rule knowledge and law knowledge to effectively enforce the rules of this server, and this community. I love Perpheads, no lies, no fake charisma. I really do, it has taught me how to be myself, and I want to help further it onwards, and become a larger part of it.

Now I don't know every rule number off by heart, but truth be told I don't believe that's the most important thing. I believe the most valuable thing is being able to identify a rule break, and a rule breaker, when it appears unclear to most others.

I am quite active in the help chat, and am often amongst the four to five people who rush out the answer to a question everyone knows. If I don't know the answer, I'll usually spend the next few minutes finding that out before replying with the right answer.

Whenever I see an action request on the forums, or a raging argument in OOC, or someone whinging about his ban being BS in the shoutbox. I always try and stay objective and unbiased about it. I consider both sides of the argument, and I look at evidence pertaining to both sides, to properly inform myself of the context of the situation before I discuss with others.

My Bans/Warnings:
Only ban:

My first, and hopefully only ban, was by Ash, and it was because I disconnected with drugs (during a raid), met up with a friend using OOC means, and acted like a nob in the following administrative situation.

I was a stupid 14 year old with a huge ego, enough said.

My warnings:
The lights weren't changing, when they should have been, so I ran it, as a cop. Not the smartest thing to do.

I was babysitting a 10yr old sweatercop friend as a sergeant, he was acting a goat, I was stressed, had little to no idea what was going on, and missed his /desc, which royally pissed it all up.

I drove a car with my hands tied. I got caught up in the moment, and looking back, it was a bit far fetched.

Am I active in TS:
Very, if my PC is on, you'll find me in the safespace, or in a quiet general channel with my sound on.

Additional comments:
I hope you'll take the time to consider my application, and if you don't believe I would make a good staff member, please let me know, but tell me why, as I am determined to improve.

Steam

Last edited:

M

Reaction score
I joking said; "If only it was Chris." In reference to a little beef me and Chris had a while back, and it was soon removed.

I WAS NOT INFORMED OF THIS

I personally think that you have the competence, but in order to prove that you have some qualities such as professionalism and communication skills I think you need to tone down on the frequent use of foul language, and try not to cause :beef:.

Reaction score
Yes please!

Allen is an excellent member of the community! He has a wide and extensive knowledge of the rules to the point that he could easily enforce them, and is simply and genuinely nice person to talk to! He also has a very good law knowledge, and is involved with the PLPD, being an officer regularly!

I reckon he would hold the rank well.

Good luck with your application! :)

Reaction score
I do like to take a jab at people for a laugh
If people see Allen being hostile towards me e.g in shoutbox people have said to me this makes him look unworthy of a staff role, yet I know it is a friendly jab and I don't take it to heart but IMO everytime Allen takes a jab it's at a mate who understands it's just banter.

He is an excellent member of this community he has an extensive rule and law knowledge. He may appear at first unproffesional but if you speak to him for more than 2 minutes you'd understand how he is a mature, calm and level-headed young chap. He would fit right into the staff team. #Allen4Enforcer

Reaction score
He is perfectly able to enforce the rules with his strict an professional manner and he does his own thing and does not let influence his opinion about a thing. Since he is part of the Paralake Police Department, he proves that he has a good law and rule knowledge. Going to throw a +support here.

Reaction score
I'm going to give a +/- Neutral +/- Because ive known Allen for a long time now, and i can see he would fit for Enforcer but i would not give this a +support or a -support for the following reasons. Don't get me wrong here Allen is a great guy he knows the laws and rules better then me (since he is a
expert-member.png
afterall). But in the same time i haven't seen you help what we call "Sweaters" now and these days i would like to see you help the new members a bit fx showing them around in the city or something like that. Anyways i'm also going to point out Allen is just a great guy he can his "shit" and i feel like he would fit the place as an "Enforcer". He made a choice to make a application for the enforcer and i can only say good luck with your application. But as i said i'm going to give a
+/- Neutral +/- :shamefullyembarrased::shamefullyembarrased::shamefullyembarrased:

Kind Regards Delta_Force

Last edited:
Reaction score
+Support
I have seen Allen in the server a fair few times now and I'm confident to say that he is a fantastic member of the community who has a extensive knowledge of the communities rules and laws. Allen does use some foul language sometimes as @Chris has pointed out but that can easily be sorted. But other then that one thing I think Allen has the potential to become a great enforcer.

Best of luck Allen!

Deleted member 5193

+Support
Having roleplayed with this person multiple times recently, I can honestly say he is one of the most mature and responsible players I have played with for a long while. I feel he'd make a great enforcer.

Reaction score
+Support

Allen, to start off with your application is wonderful, could not say it isn't. You are a great player in-game, and you show great knowledge of the laws, and rules of the server. I think the staff team needs someone like you on their side, maybe? :)

Reaction score
+Support - Meeting Alan on the server little over 2 years ago he has always in my eyes been a friendly member who is more than clausable to become a staff member.
  • He is friendly and calm.
  • His english is fantastic and can communicate with players easily.
  • He has a decent knowledge of the rules.
  • He has been a member for a very long period of time!
Good Luck!

Reaction score
-Support

You backseat administrate and bend the rules to your knowledge, you thought a month ago that its fine to drive while tied, your attitude stinks and can't face being told off.

Plus side, your calm when your not in situations.

Reaction score
-Support

You backseat administrate and bend the rules to your knowledge, you thought a month ago that its fine to drive while tied, your attitude stinks and can't face being told off.

Plus side, you're calm when you're not in situations.

Let me just address this real quick, I do not backseat administrate, In fact I am not entirely sure what you mean by this, I assume you mean several months back when I stalled RP when I shouldn't have, at which point @Fasool had to call you, I sincerely apologize for this, and to the best of my knowledge, it has never happened since.

I do not bend rules to my knowledge, The warning in mid June was in fact an honest rule misunderstanding on my part, and I was under the impression that driving a vehicle with your hands tied in front of you was allowed, as it was entirely, though difficult, possible IRL. I'm aware, looking back that it wasn't the right thing to do, and I haven't yet apologized to you about that situation, so I apologize now. Sorry.

I don't get what you mean by "My attitude stinks." The only thing I believe you may be referencing here, was my initial disagreement with the warning for the situation aforementioned, and disagreeing with an administrator's verdict on the situation.
It was later, once explained in further detail the reason(s) for my warning, by Rogue, that I came to understand it properly.

I don't want to start any :beef: but I feel that this last statement is rather hypocrytical of you Aaron. You seem to dispute all of your bans several times before making an apology, upon realizing you done fucked up.
Though I admit, my behaviour in the past, up until recently, IE, the last month or two has been less than satisfactory, and I have been working on this. I've taken on board your criticisms, and I'll attempt to address any more concerns you, or anyone else highlights.

"your calm when your not in situations."
Thanks, I guess...

kthxbia

Reaction score
I am going to stay neutral on this, I have seen you a bit but not alot , i do not see you in the help chat alot but i have seen you in ts once or twice, will update when i have seen you more

Status
Not open for further replies.