Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
STEAM NAME: Bean Can

IN-GAME NAME: Matt Grand

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:61173726

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENFORCER:
Introduction:
My in-games name is Matt Grand, I got my steam name from this community because people said my microphone sounds like a Bean Can, and my real name is Hunter. I've been part of this community for about 5 years now (5 years in June).

Experience:
I've been a staff member 2 times and if accepted this would be my third time. The first time I took my role not very seriously and was fairly immature. Second time I took it seriously, but I tried to be a staff member at a bad time in my life. It was a point where I got my first job, was taking college classes, trying to have a social life, and was trying to graduate early all at the same time. They gave me a month to get a certain amount of reports and I wasn't even close , the deadline was coming up and was considering resigning, but they demoted me a week before it it. I was also a PTO, a sergeant, policing and policy, and a TFU officer which is why I'm extremely familiar with the server laws.

The real question "why I want to be enforcer":
Perpheads is extremely fun(I wouldn't be here for 5 years if it wasn't). My time on perpheads has been full of ups and downs from me being a consistent rule breaker to becoming a staff member. If I had to go back I would do it all again(hopefully with less mistakes). My favorite memories on perpheads have been my experiences with being staff. Between having friends within the staff team, helping with events, and handling reports. I consider myself well knowledgeable about the rules and laws and I would be able to handle the role.

Activity:
This is where I completely messed up on the last time I was staff. As previously stating experience I had a lot going on in my life at the time. I don't really have anything going now and I can be extremely active. I no longer have that job, I've graduated early, all of my friends are going off to college so I won't really have a social life(lol). If I'm given the opportunity to become staff again I will 100% be active.

ARE YOU ACTIVE ON THE TEAMSPEAK: Yes

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY:
I just want to thank everyone for reading my application, and I'm 100% open to criticism.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Honestly, I think you're good enough to moderate the server but I feel like you will resign after 1-2 months. You seem like a nice guy but I can't support this but I'm not disagreeing with your application.

-Neutral

Last edited:
Reaction score
Listen, don't take this personally or anything. This is like your 16th enforcer application, and out of those 16 you've had 2 accepted. You've had 2 chances and you messed up on both of them. You should have taken it seriously the first time you got accepted, and you shouldn't have applied AGAIN after being demoted when you were "in a bad time of your life." That just seems like bad time management to me. If PH were to accept every enforcer app after a person has made so many, then everyone in the server would have a shot at Enforcer, and that's not how it should be. It just kind of reminds me of SenlinGames to be honest.

I don't know when you returned, but I feel like you've only joined recently. Those times I've seen you in-game, you've shown nothing that tells me that you have rule knowledge and confidence. You usually just stay around and don't really do much. It's the main fact that you've had 2 chances and fucked both of them that just tells me I don't agree OR disagree with you being a part of the staff team. Like I said, please don't take it personally. You're probably a nice guy, but I'm gonna need to see more of you.

Reaction score
I 100% understand why you feel this way. The last time I was a staff member I couldn't find time in my day to hop on now I have a lot more free time and I want to be serious about having good activity. I know it probably means not that much but you can take me on my word that I will be active. Anyway thanks for the constructive criticism :)

Reaction score
I understand what you're saying and obviously I don't take it personally(I consider you a friend as we've known each other for 3+ years now). The second time I got staff I was told on multiple occasions that I was a good staff member and they didn't want to demote me but they had to due to my in-activity. I understand you think I'm just making excuses but the last attempt in my opinion wasn't a complete "fuck up" it was only due to me trying to balance to many things in my life at a time. Anyway thanks for the constructive criticism.

Reaction score
In my opinion I think your a great guy man!

I feel like you would make just as good enforcer too <3

Reaction score
Even though we’re friends I am gonna give you my most unbiased opinion:

Honestly, I was super happy for you when you got Enforcer the first time as it was one of those situations where you proved everyone wrong and did what they thought wouldn’t happen. When you got accepted your second time, I immediately messaged you to watch yourself and not fuck up again; because if you did it would probably be your last chance. If SA did say that they liked you then its aight, but why not just resign or have an inactivity notice type of thing? You’ve changed recently and I don’t think it’s really for the betterment of yourself, you’re just not the person you were a year ago or two ago.

Good luck on your application, but I think you have a long walk to do if you want to make a good enforcer in my opinion.

Reaction score
It honestly comes down to my own ignorance why I didn't resign or put an in-activity notice. By the time I was about to get demoted it was to late and I kept on trying to balance out my life and perpheads at the same time and refusing to think that I wouldn't be to do that. Thanks for your unbiased opinion though I understand your perspective. I hope that it wasn't my last opportunity to be staff and I will try my best to get it back.

Reaction score
I don't see why people have so much against Bean Can in regards to him being Staff. Bean Can was fantastic at dealing with situations that required a lot of attention and listening and always knew how to handle people conducting themselves like idiots. There were many situations that I happened to be apart/aware of that Bean Can dealt with and he dealt with them exceptionally well. His only fault, as he has admitted to himself, was his activity.

If Bean Can maintains consistently good activity I see no reason as to why he wouldn't do a good job this time.

Reaction score
well my post got removed, But i think you're a nice man and can enforce the rules. I'm not going to explain this really big but im just going to say

+1

Reaction score
Like it's your problem if he gets demoted because of inactivity? Who cares? Bean can used to be a good moderator but he just lost motivation which happens to all of us at some point. He does it for free, you're retarded if you're mad at him (well not mad but "-support" his application for it) for being inactive. The server is not gonna lose anything if he becomes an enforcer again. In my opinion it doesn't really matter how many times he has been an enforcer and he knows everything so why not taking him back? The server will just benefit from it.

Reaction score
Twice already and both times you got demoted. Albeit for different reasons, but still as of recent when you came back, you don't particularly stand out in any way, in fact your attempt at getting @Jamal punished twice for what you deemed as rule breakage, was at both times invalid, which makes your rule knowledge really questionable.

Also messages like this (from your AR), although not necessarily "serious", say a lot about you as a person.

193bd19b4fafa3bb75fb9600c7699589.png

And truth be told, I have nothing against you, never have never will probably because I'm not that type of person. But your first impression from when you recently came back doesn't really reflect the person you were a year or two ago, and yes that is meant to be a bad thing.

Whether or not you get staff doesn't really concern me, because I feel like the server does need some more staff because the current ones aren't the most active snowflakes around.

Reaction score
Hello Bean,

I personally, do not know you to an extent to call you a friend and besides this, I stay un bias in such applications.

I’ve seen slight pop ups of your activity but this is all recent to me, a week or two ago recent, as @Mage mentioned, the LOOC chat, there’s better ways to call it out and you’d know yourself that an F6 is a thing.

I know depending on the situation your LOOC might be needed but when you’re staff, you’re expected to be calm and collected and professional to a decent extent and to me from that screenshot and watching you makes me seem like you’re joking around a bit.

I’ve only been in the community for a year and a half and I don’t know much besides your second go as staff and you had a strong start until it dropped, and dropped, and dropped...

From your other past and other people’s opinions, outsiders and new players reading these other things won’t have a great impression on you and will make such assumptions.

Personally, I actually don’t know what to say further but I’ll neither Agree or Disagree, and I’d rather make a proper written response instead of a short reason with no backings.

Third time’s a charm?

-Neutral

Reaction score
But the server doesn't gain anything either. Really, if he gets accepted and is just as inactive as he was before, this is just a waste of everybody's time. Ultimately, your reputation precedes you and his isn't that good.

Reaction score
My overall reputation is being active it was just when I was staff and the months after I was demoted. I still have the highest playtime in-game out of nearly every single player(6 months 9 days).

Status
Not open for further replies.