fixing senior officers and normal cops

Reaction score
Officers have their own disression and can decide what price tickets or sentances could be,

“the extent of cooperation by the detainee should be considered when setting a jail sentence or issuing a fine.”

Its only the cooperation that should be considered but most of the time people scream down their microphones wanting a supervisor. This dosen't apply to current charges, but how a suspect acts or the ammount of time they take complying while being charged.
Its not only Snr officers, but all officers tend to do this since they have their own discression under law

4.1 Law-Enforcement Officer’s Discretion

Obviously this can be overrulled but this isn't very common unless in a supervisor sit.

Please look at the handbook section 5:

1541530951801.png

Make an IA complaint if they're doing this, it's unethical and they'll probably get a reprimand to help them learn. Or just refer them to the handbook.

Reaction score
We should work on preventing cops from giving outrageous tickets instead of fixing them afterwards.

Reaction score
The point of my suggestion is to run tickets through a person that has been verified to work for and is trusted by the PLPD first, before they can actually issue it.
It's easy to say "make an IA" "just make an IA" "IA will deal with this", but if I go making a complaint because a cop gives me max ticket because I was speeding 5 mph I get called petty and the complaint gets denied.
The complaint will do jack shit and if everyone starts making IA's for this, they're gonna be spending their entire Sunday running through them.

We should PREVENT, not FIX IT AFTERWARDS.

Reaction score
No need to insult people because they disagree with you. This is already covered by the handbook. If they breach this why on earth would the follow ticket maximums

Reaction score
Ya'll fail to recognise that without the whitelist, any person, literally anyone, is given the power to take away a lot of money from a person in one second.
I personally trust any rank above Senior to do this as they obviously take police roleplay seriously as they've gotten to that rank, but I would not trust an officer that's been one for 2 days to use his own discretion to give a reasonable ticket, because sometimes they do not understand how much impact giving a ticket can have.

Reaction score
and NO cop listens to the extreme circumstances thing

Reaction score
@ShadowJoey explained quite well what I meant by the quote from the handbook although I didn’t explain it very well. Officers shouldn’t give max sentences for any reason and if they do make an IA on them, exactly like what @ShadowJoey said, they might end up getting a reprimand or just be spoken to about how to correct themselves. The system we have already works fine and no need to change it, making an IA complaint is definitely the best option.

Reaction score
Please look at the handbook section 5:

View attachment 4175

Make an IA complaint if they're doing this, it's unethical and they'll probably get a reprimand to help them learn. Or just refer them to the handbook.

Right, problem is that the LAW is above policy in which means that if a policy is contradicting a law, the law is what you look at.

Max punishments are allowed unless they are for minor issues obviously.

But you should expect this to happen @nickjedl as you guys wanted the PD to remove its whitelist, therefore lowering the standard of normal officers quite a bit.

Although the law might outline your discretion, you obviously as an officer still need to follow the policies outlining what you may and may not do. However, giving max punishments is allowed if you can justify that the suspect in question has caused some severe or more serious crime. Now, you also have a policy called
5e - Performance of Duties

NEGLIGENT PERFORMANCE OF DUTIES

An officer performing duties, even within the limits of the law, may be found negligent in the performance of his or her duties if they obviously do not act to the best of their ability or if their behavior unreasonably endangers the lives of citizens, other officers, or themselves and the risks obviously and heavily outweigh the benefits.
- which then is regarding neglect of duty. Basically that you follow the law, however your actions are neglect to the general public.

Less serious crimes like harassment should be treated with less serious tickets, like 250$ to 1000$ on the first offence, then you move up (depending on severity)

Last edited:
Reaction score
But they still give 5k tickets and 5 years for small things like that. Please talk about this in the next meeting with the PD it would mean alot to me and make alot of people happier with the PLPD

rat

Reaction score
Obviously officers should be mandated to issue punishments proportional to the crime commited. However this should come with the responsibility of justifying why they are giving a certain level of punishment. Giving a max sentence for no reason, while currently allowed, is obviously counter intuitive and just an abuse to the rules.

Reaction score
Thats why I mention "what they think you deserve". Clearly pointing out the fact that they can decide if the suspect deserves it or not.

Reaction score
@Weazel

Head to plpd.online and make a helpdesk ticket to PLPD patrol division, asking to make a memo about this.

I will speak to a command member regarding it, but i'd recommend you as a civilian to make a suggestion in addition.

Reaction score
yea but ur moderator so people are scared stfu i am not scared rdm wars!!!

Reaction score
and NO cop listens to the extreme circumstances thing

Bit of an overstatement.

But they still give 5k tickets and 5 years for small things like that. Please talk about this in the next meeting with the PD it would mean alot to me and make alot of people happier with the PLPD

maybe if you guys already know there is a problem fix it so people start to actually like the police

Both these posts have implications that the goal of the PD is that the PD is supposed to be liked by outsiders.

image.png
The police department on this server was literally formed to prevent players breaking the law and gaining large amounts of money through illegal and profitable actions such as drugs and bank robberies and ensure criminals who fail to complete illegal tasks recieve punishment by means of taking away cash, weaponry and other expensive contraband. If the PD wanted all players to like it then they wouldn't ticket you $1000 for doing 30 in a 25 mph zone.

The PD acts as a major obstacle in profiting from crime and often is the one factor between a player making tens of thousands of dollars and players losing money, drugs, planters and guns. It's not supposed to be liked by all, it's supposed to make the game mode challenging and give all criminals a mutual enemy.

If an officer gives you a max fine for a crime you committed and you feel as though you've been hard done by, you're still liable to debate the legitimacy of an excessive fine and a supervisor can remove and give a more appropriate citation should he deem the officers decision unnecessary. On top of this, giving a stupidly high sentence for committing a crime like a minor assault can still be dealt with via IA, and if its something like a max ticket for punching someone once or twice then he officer in question is liable to face disciplinary action.

Hell, I don't even like the PD all too much, I just like RPing as one.

Last edited: