Freezes game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,
My friends Garry's mod freezes every 30 - 1hour for no reason.
His game
freezes but he still hears audio of the game,He can move too.
And when he goes to his desktop and returns to Garry's mod his
screen becomes black.

if someone knows to fix it please tell us.:shamefullyembarrased:

Reaction score
Hello,
It might be due to the automatic demo recording system.
Every once in a while it will stop an existing demo and will start recording another one.

Demo's may be found in:
Garry's Mod/garrysmod/demos

Also regarding the screen becoming black, advise him to change to windowed/fullscreen windowed(Must be manually set).
Its a con of the fullscreen.

Reaction score
Try going into the launch settings for his Gmod by right clicking on it on his library and then put -noborder and then launch the game. Then tell him to go into his options every time he launches his game and make sure he sets the game to windowed. Then he can freely tab in and out with no problems. If he still gets the problem makes sure he has updated his drivers as I know that my friend had this problem. Hope it helps :)

Reaction score
Hello I have looked at what was available and I have a few ideas how to resolve this issue. As @SleepyMode meantioned there is an automatic demo recording however it was not explained that a high ammount of demo files can lead to crashes. Rename any demos you want to keep and delete those you dont need it works.

Also close any background programs that could be running if you run out of memory that will cause a crash.

If none of these help take a look at other posts they may have a solution.

Reaction score
a5710df69a.png

a855c2f0d1.png

Simple steps to prevent game freezes when the game starts and stops a demo. Type these commands exactly like I have them and they will work instantly.

Step 1) Right click Garry's mod
Step 2) Click on "Properties"
Step 3) In "General" tab, press "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS..."
Step 4) Copy my commands from the second picture above.

Reaction score
You sure it isn't his graphics card drivers crashing? I had the same issue and turned out to be that, which isn't really hard fixing (just update them lol)

Also if that doesn't work, re-install the game probably works

While we're on drivers, consider doing a complete re-install of your display drivers. Be aware that this can cause damages to your system if you don't stick to the Google Document that explains you how to do this and as it says on the website, they are not liable for any damages. I did this last night with safe mode and it worked fine for me, performance is a bit better aswell now.
eb3fbabbef.png

Here is the Google Document, it will tell you everything.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xRRx_3r8GgCpBAMuhT9n5kK6Zse_DYKWvjsW0rLcYQ0/edit

Status
Not open for further replies.