Game crashes at workshop complete.

Reaction score
I've had some issues with loading for quite a while now since I got this pc I have Intel UHD graphics with 4 GB RAM 3.69GB usable my previous pc worked fine which was a AMD Radeon Vega 3 graphics but for some reason... its been crashing, yesterday it kind of sorta/ crashed at Lua started basically what would happen is the screen freeze I would initially load into into the game but my screen would be stuck on the Lua started screen. I resolved that yesterday but only once it continued now today I tried it and I have a different error its now at workshop complete it says "Failed to lock vertex buffer in" with some random code jumbly-thingy it says I'm running out of video memory on my GPU card but I only have like 3 or 4 apps installed and I have like 150gb free of space, I'm not rlly sure what the issue is here I tried installing the 4 content packs, I verified my game files and I updated my graphics driver so I'm not sure what I need to do now so please help out.

-thx

how do i do that? i will try it tho
-windowed in the games launch options on steam:

right click garry's mod > properties > launch options > -windowed

if this doesn't work try setting your games direct x version:
same process as before garry's mod > properties > launch options >
-dxlevel 80,
-dxlevel 90,
-dxlevel 95,
(try these one by one with windowed mode: launch options should be -windowed -dxlevel **)

Hey there mate, do you meet the minimum recommend requirements for Garry's Mod?
If so then i got a bit for you here you can try.

1. Of course let's start off by closing any unnecessary applications are running in the background before you boot up the game.
2. It would also be recommended to reinstall DirectX and Visual C++, ensure you have the latest versions installed as both are important.
3. Try to clear your Garry's Mod cache, this can be done by going to GarrysMod/garrysmod/directory and delete the folder named "cache"
4. Update your drivers, check that all your system drivers especially GPU and chipset drivers, are up to date.
5. You could also try to allocate more virtual memory, which is shown how to be done here below.

If none of this seemed to work i would probably either put this into the discord as you tend to get faster replies there.
You can also try to write a support ticket to facepunch as they should maybe also know a fix to your issues as i don't have anymore for you.

You could maybe be experiencing corrupted files aswell from what i know, as last resort you could try to reinstall the game.

np, as you are on limited ram/vram, setting direct x to an older version may help.
if the error still persists can you post it here?
Do not do this, the dxlevel does not need to be changed and will cause huge instability and more crashing if you change this.

Ensure your model detail is set to high in Garrys Mod by opening the game, going into options > video > advanced and set it to high from there then restart your game.

Id also suggest disabling any other addons that isn’t part of PERPHEADS as conflicting addons can cause problems, id also suggest following this help guide too: https://help.perpheads.com/page/content

I've had some issues with loading for quite a while now since I got this pc I have Intel UHD graphics with 4 GB RAM 3.69GB usable my previous pc worked fine which was a AMD Radeon Vega 3 graphics but for some reason... its been crashing, yesterday it kind of sorta/ crashed at Lua started basically what would happen is the screen freeze I would initially load into into the game but my screen would be stuck on the Lua started screen. I resolved that yesterday but only once it continued now today I tried it and I have a different error its now at workshop complete it says "Failed to lock vertex buffer in" with some random code jumbly-thingy it says I'm running out of video memory on my GPU card but I only have like 3 or 4 apps installed and I have like 150gb free of space, I'm not rlly sure what the issue is here I tried installing the 4 content packs, I verified my game files and I updated my graphics driver so I'm not sure what I need to do now so please help out.

-thx
does you application turn off? or does it giving you a pop up that shows the option for it to respond or close the application. As I have this problem to if you let it respond it will load in the game in a few minutes

does you application turn off? or does it giving you a pop up that shows the option for it to respond or close the application. As I have this problem to if you let it respond it will load in the game in a few minutes
no it doesnt say anything it freezes at lua started if i click around or hit space bar it will say it isnt responding probally

Back