Government Radio as a prop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Government Radio as a prop.

Short explanation (in notes):
- Make government radio being used as a prop.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):

This idea came to me when, yesterday, I was being a hostage as a medic and one of the guys who had me there, took my radio but he couldn't use it himself, he had to use it through my character and this was kinda messing things out because I was gagged (he didn't). He could have ungag me and force me to talk to on the radio but what if, the Government radio was being used as a prop. But unfortunately, there are two sides of the same coin here.

One, is that it will add a lot to the roleplay situations with criminals talking to the Lieutenant through the government radio, negotiating things etc.

Two, is that how the government radio will be given back to the player who owns it, which is something I haven't figure out yet. And this is the part that I want you guys to suggest ideas below, if you agree with this idea, of course.

So, I'm making this thread as a half-suggestion / half-suggest. Let me know your ideas and what you think about this, below.

Optional additions: -

Reaction score
Too many cons for this to be possible. First of all how people currently use the goverment radio it's nearly impossible to Understand a word making negotiations over the radio impossible. An issue would also be that after you got mugged and gotten the radio taken off from you would be a game breaking issue for goverment officials. Not only that but civilians would use the radio to just spam/interrupt important chatter.

Reaction score
To add quickly onto what @Sgt.James already wrote, if criminals really need a way to negotiate with the lieutenant then they can call him/her via the Emergency app. So having direct access to the government radio is rather unneeded. Also with it being fairly clear in the upcoming update if someone is talking on the government radio, there is no need to worry about someone talking in that who shouldn't be.

Reaction score
I agree with both of you. But I'm thinkin that it will add to the roleplay a lot, if criminals were able to talk directly through the government radio. As I said, the thing is "how the government radio will be given back to the player who owns it".

As for upcoming update, a new option can be added when a criminal or someone else except from the Government employees is talking to the radio, which can be called "non-government employee" or something like that.

After all, everything is about roleplay.

Reaction score
I agree with both of you. But I'm thinkin that it will add to the roleplay a lot, if criminals were able to talk directly through the government radio.

Aa Stephen already mentioned you can use the app which is pretty much the same thing as you can talk aswell.

However I don't understand how that would promote any roleplay.

Reaction score
I like this idea but I can see it would cause alot of problems there is already enough mic spam from the cops screaming on the radio for a medic all the time.

Reaction score
Look, this is how it should go.

You can have the radio.
when you drop it you cant use it ( like the phone)
but when anyone picks it up it should automatically return to you. if you die the entity should be destroyed/removed.

so that way the medics don't just drop their radio and carry it around, and(or) someone doesn't just rob a medic of his radio so he cant communicate ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.