GPU Comparison

Reaction score
So, I'm not familiar with AMD GPUs at all, I've only ever used NVIDIA.

My question is, which of these 2 GPUs would you say will be better? This is for a friend of mine whose GPU bricked itself.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/YYfxFT,JYzXsY

Part of me is leaning to say the 7700 will be better but on the other hand 7600 has more VRAM.

Need some opinions and if anyone has used or is currently using these Graphics Cards, How have you found them?

Reaction score
In my opinion AMD is always a bit of a difficult choice. It's like buying a Dacia. Like, it'll work and it's cheaper but there's always regrets. Drivers, stuff like that.

For VR applications you're going to be happier with the extra VRAM. The 12GB card has faster memory, the 16GB card will have slower memory. The 7700XT is the better choice here mainly for it's faster memory and core count. However, the draw back is that both cards are not going to be very future proof. The 12GB will limit you in the long run and the 16GB card won't be able to keep up in terms of core performance.

You're limiting your choice to a hamburger and a cheeseburger. The cheeseburger, the 7700XT, being the comfortable choice. You could go for the Big Mac and get a 7800XT. In my country it is only 60 euro's more expensive and a MUCH BETTER bang for your buck.

Reaction score
It depends. If you're playing a lot of AAA recent games like the upcoming God of War Ragnarok, Ghost of Tsushima, I say go with the one that has more VRAM. Texture streaming is all the rage nowadays, and even more so if you play VR

Reaction score
IMO everyone is going crazy on VRAM requirements. I've been using a 8GB 5700XT and now a 10GB 3080 for 2K and they're all fine. I never had to turn down any settings but the option is always there. VR also works fine.

The only game that was going ham shit on VRAM requirements was Tarkov but y'know, Tarkov being Tarkov and it was a AMD bug where on low settings it used all of my 8GB VRAM and then resorted to using my system RAM as a substitute for any VRAM that's missing (this did not end well as it even accessed my page file and made my whole PC super slow)

Get the 7700, XT if possible. Also if you can live with driver issues, I honestly am not going back to AMD as Nvidia drivers are such a blessing and mostly bug free.

Last edited: