GPU doesn't like PUBG

Reaction score
So I downloaded the newest PUBG update and opened up PUBG, then when the game went on the main menu, my GPU started keeping some random noise. The noise sounded like statistic. Before the PUBG update my PC was fine and didn't keep any random sound. I have no idea why it sounds like that. I have made sure that the noise doesn't come from the fans of the GPU (because the fans were not spinning when the sound came and because this GPU has a feature that fans spin only if it's over 60 degrees warm). I haven't overclocked it in any way. I have never gotten the same problem before.

Anybody has any idea what this is about? I'm afraid that I break the GPU if I play PUBG because of the sound. Luckily I have warranty for the whole PC package for 3 years so if something breaks down I don't need to pay anything I just need to bring it to the guy who built it and he will solve it out lol.

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X

Reaction score
Probably coil whining. To see if it is, turn VSync on your graphics card and in-game on the PUBG settings. I have it but I cap my fps to 60 on games that I can and if I can't I turn vsync on. It is irritating but harmless.

Reaction score
Pretty sure it's PUBG doesn't like your gpu

Agree, i've seen people with 1060-1080's have problems with fps and their GPUs turning into a microwave while the game is running. They did a ton of optimising on the test server so try downloading it and see how that does, it did a world of difference for me on a GTX 660.