HDMI/GPU problems

Reaction score
Aight boyos, i recently bought all the parts for my new pc!

Specs
b450 max
1050ti Lp edition - recycled from old pc
crucial ballistix ddr4 3000mhz
Ryzen 5 3600

Ran into a major problem with trying to get signal from gpu to monitor. When i plug my hdmi cable into my monitor from gpu or mobo there is not display. Case fans spin,cpu fans and gpu fans all work. Tried a few things but nothing seems to work so far. Any help would be appriciated.

Reaction score
The HDMI cable works with my old pc fine, but ill try a new cable and update when i do

Reaction score
One of the things you typically should check is whether the RAM is properly seated. It's one of the most common problems with new PCs that one or more RAM are not properly seated in the slots, which can cause issues such as the system not making it past POST, and making nothing show up on your monitor.

Reaction score
You bought a B450 motherboard. Out of the box, these support ryzen 2000 series. To support the 3000 series, which you have, you will *need* to update your BIOS.

There's three things you can do:
- use a 2nd gen ryzen CPU, and install the bios update from the GUI
- Ask the store where you bought the motherboard from if they can do it for you

Or, the fastest: flash the latest BIOS with the BIOS flash button on your motherboard. Your booklet should have instructions for this but this varies by brand and not all have them either. I'd love you help you further if you can give me the full brand and type of your motherboard!!

Edit : apparently the MAX does support the 3000 series out of the box, but would still be useful to know the full make and model.

In the meantime, remove all of your RAM and insert only 1 DIMM, make sure you put it in the correct slot as instructed in the motherboard booklet. If this doesn't work, then try all other slots. If this still doesn't work, try another stick of RAM and do the same. Make sure that you hear the click and it is inserted properly. Don't be afraid to break the board, support it from under if necessary

Last edited:
Reaction score
I believe i have gotten it to work and watched a tutorial on how to update the bios and i think i did it

Reaction score
Yeah, I had it happen to me before lol. At least you sorted it.