Help Needed - Server Browser Retrieval Order

Reaction score
I heard that in rust servers are loaded like that: the closest IP located to the steam servers are loaded first.

I was told that by a rust server owner from poland, who definately prefered OVH hosting over his own machine/hosting from Poland, even tho the server was targeted for Poles. When I tried hosting my rust server on my local machine, It was loaded very late.

I can contact him again and ask for more details regarding that, as both games are made by facepunch and it seemed like he knew the topic. DM me if you want me to do so.

Reaction score
I think my result is interesting, i currently live in germany but i managed to trick steam into changing my region into turkish so i can buy games for cheaper
as example: Rainbows six siege costs 20€ in the German steam market, in the Turkish steam market it costs 89TL wich is 4,87€ Euro

back to the topic, Turkish servers load up for me the fastes and asian servers in general, German ones come last. For some reason there is one or two german servers wich are really big in german community and they load instantly.

Reaction score
~2,500
Based in Eastern U.S, so a large list of US servers show first, then a mix of French/Russian servers, with Perpheads randomly mixed in.
Please keep in mind, this was at 930PM EST.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the videos, this was really helpful.
Somehow almost all master servers hate the french servers from OVH, I am unsure why this is.
Maybe we should switch to a UK server (would incur a very slight ping overhead between 1-5ms for everyone else), especially since the majority of our playerbase seems to come from the UK.
Maybe UK servers would also show a lot sooner in other countries like Germany, Sweden, Turkey, etc.