Server not new player friendly at all.

• Thread starter Deleted member 4983
  • Start date

Is the PD friendly to new players in your view?

• No

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

Deleted member 4983

So, today me and a friend of mine decided to play the server.
I was planning on starting to play again and my friend is a new player who has never played the server before except for last night where the AK he bought was confiscated (I suppose this was OK as he was walking around with it).
Today, we were teaching him some stuff; how to base, aim with a gun.
The first thing that happened was.

Cops nearly breaching because they heard us say some stuff about the Remington, how to pick it up and so forth.

That's alright I guess, not something I'll make a post about nor would I make a complaint or anything.
We just tell them we have a new friend and I thought they'd be understanding about this.
friend trying to learn.
Then we get to the part of aiming
He accidentally missfires, the cops come back, we talk to them. 1/2 of the cops just walks in even though we tell them that it was a missfire and it was our new friend.
My friend thought it was his bad, and was really sorry about it.
We talk the cops out of running in as he had just planted his first set of plants.
They leave, we go further teaching him, we tell him to reload, but he missfires again.
Cops come back, throw the gun near a dumpster. I suppose to lure us out to pick it up and then use that as a reason to breach.
They come back later, tell us to open the door and ask us who's gun it is.
We say it is @Abel Stone his gun and we gave it to Lexa to use.
They throw the gun in, run inside cuff John, Lexa, then shoot our friend confiscate our drugs, including Lexa's pots.
Lexa leaves having had no fun instead having had a very bad experience.

TL;DR

1. Friend likes beginning of server having some banter with @JER
  2. @JER me and @Abel Stone try to help friend start
  3. Friend misfires 2 times.
  4. Cops run in and confiscate every single pot
  5. Friend feels bad and doesn't want to play again
  6. Cops don't think about the new players. (from an IC standpoint I'd see why, but as the server is not hitting 70/70 anymore, it would be good to get some new players and letting this player learn)
In the shooting range we cannot talk to him or see him that's why it would be much harder to learn him this way.

Maybe if @ayjay ツ or someone else wants to talk on TS3 with me and my friend he could say what was bothering him.
Thanks for reading boys, just had to say this as I really cba to play the server as I used my last pots to refund my dudes who lost all their shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
ofcourse it isnt new player friendly

you go on duty and cant spawn a fucking car to do your bloody job

Reaction score
You raise some interesting points; clearly no context to these incidents, however, if you shoot a gun, police are most likely to come.

Are the criminals friendly to new players at all?

Reaction score
Maybe u learn new players first the rules and consequences before you teach them criminal ways to make money.

Deleted member 4983

I see as to why you'd do this because it is a "SeriousRP" server. And it is logical that cops will come. But couldn't you make an exception for the sake of the server? We need new players right? And old players to come back. Old players really don't have alot of incentive to come back to the server as there's nothing much to do anymore.

Reaction score
I'm a very friendly person to new players. Normally when I mug or raid, I check to see if they're a new player or not. I also ask if about they're play time in a roleplay way (Example: You look like a new person around here, that true?"). I always let them go, sometimes give them a gun, sometimes give them 50k to start with.

Deleted member 4983

And I cannot really give loads of context as that would be alot of work.

Deleted member 4983

Well, I know alot of criminals whom truly try to be good for the server and help sweaters as much as possible for example Daigestive.
there's also the other spectrum of people who are also on the spectrum who mug the sweaters and do not give them a chance to start.

rat

Reaction score
A server with:

• No tutorial
  • No meaningful way of protecting new players
  • Huge advantages given to veteran players through mechanics
  • A heavy emphasis on rule / law knowledge to play the server
Isn't noob friendly? Shocker.

We were all new once, but we all stuck around.

Deleted member 4983

I mean, if I signed up to a golf club where I get bullied I wouldn't want to stay there tbh.
That's why I think our first impressions should be good, how we'd do that is something we'll have to think about.

Deleted member 4983

Yes, there are some, this post is centered around a misunderstanding as to why they breached, @Samuel just clarified.

Sam

Reaction score
So, today me and a friend of mine decided to play the server.
I was planning on starting to play again and my friend is a new player who has never played the server before except for last night where the AK he bought was confiscated (I suppose this was OK as he was walking around with it).
Today, we were teaching him some stuff; how to base, aim with a gun.
The first thing that happened was.

Cops nearly breaching because they heard us say some stuff about the Remington, how to pick it up and so forth.

That's alright I guess, not something I'll make a post about nor would I make a complaint or anything.
We just tell them we have a new friend and I thought they'd be understanding about this.
friend trying to learn.
Then we get to the part of aiming
He accidentally missfires, the cops come back, we talk to them. 1/2 of the cops just walks in even though we tell them that it was a missfire and it was our new friend.
My friend thought it was his bad, and was really sorry about it.
We talk the cops out of running in as he had just planted his first set of plants.
They leave, we go further teaching him, we tell him to reload, but he missfires again.
Cops come back, throw the gun near a dumpster. I suppose to lure us out to pick it up and then use that as a reason to breach.
They come back later, tell us to open the door and ask us who's gun it is.
We say it is @Abel Stone his gun and we gave it to Lexa to use.
They throw the gun in, run inside cuff John, Lexa, then shoot our friend confiscate our drugs, including Lexa's pots.
Lexa leaves having had no fun instead having had a very bad experience.

TL;DR

1. Friend likes beginning of server having some banter with @JER
  2. @JER me and @Abel Stone try to help friend start
  3. Friend misfires 2 times.
  4. Cops run in and confiscate every single pot
  5. Friend feels bad and doesn't want to play again
  6. Cops don't think about the new players. (from an IC standpoint I'd see why, but as the server is not hitting 70/70 anymore, it would be good to get some new players and letting this player learn)
In the shooting range we cannot talk to him or see him that's why it would be much harder to learn him this way.

I had really thought Samuel was much friendlier to new players, but it seems cops are still raid hungry.

Maybe if @ayjay ツ or someone else wants to talk on TS3 with me and my friend he could say what was bothering him.
Thanks for reading boys, just had to say this as I really cba to play the server as I used my last pots to refund my dudes who lost all their shit.

A cop saw drugs, that's why we breached. I cannot ignore evidence just because there is a new player on the property. You need to do a better job hiding your drugs.

Additionally, I let the new player keep the gun so I do not see your point here? We can't just ignore evidence of crimes being committed just because the player is new.

Deleted member 4983

Yes, post was made around the fact we didn't know you saw drugs.

Reaction score
In my opinion, not everyone is friendly to new players, Of course there are some people with a big heart to help others. @Conyo Demama
Why don't we all start to show just a little bit of help to new players, Im not saying everyone is a dick to new guys since that is definitely not true. But if we all start to show a bit of help we can help newer players to love perp for what it is again.

Deleted member 6228

honestly unless you get into a good org you're doomed. Most players will give up in a few play sessions

Reaction score
In my opinion this server is shit at getting new players just because of it's extensive list of rules and laws, PLPD comes and ruins everything every time and the lack of tutorials about very simple things.

I think that people ask for help in help chat or OOC about 40 times a day in total, I rarely see someone (also staff) respond and help the player out. Whenever someone asks a question and I can answer it, I do. When someone asks for a guide I try to help out when I can.
For the server's sake, we need staff (mainly, it's their job to help people too) and regular players to take some time and explain to these new players how the game works.

When I tried to make my planter box tutorial, PLPD found it necessary to confiscate them even though I tried explaining that I was making a tutorial for new players. Whoever it was that was raiding me, causing PLPD to come in, was ready to wait for them to get Ready so I could get the screenshots and times and then just take the drugs, giving everyone profit.
This brings me back to where they confiscated his firearm, he is obviously new, doesn't know he can't carry it around. Instead of PLPD giving him a warning, they feel the big urge to confiscate it anyway because it makes them feel good and gets them that sweet sweet confiscation money. Even though it is so new-player-unfriendly.

I have thought about making more tutorials and a revised version of Ljungberg's beginner tutorial, but frankly, I refuse to put time into it because I know I will just do it for nothing.
Ayjay called me an idiot and demoted me from my mayor job (even though every citizen was happy with taxes and such) for putting a board against his car. Why would I spend 2 hours on making a good tutorial when he just gets to do that shit to me, when he can just disrespect me multiple times in front of the entire server? If the community staff isn't thankful one bit, why should I do something for it?

So in short:
  • We (regular players and staff as well) should help out new players more
  • There should be more tutorials and people who make them should at least get some respect
  • PLPD has to give new people some slack and get their confiscation money somewhere else
  • A short version of the rules with all the essentials could get players to actually fucking read it
  • If someone would find the god damn time to code in a beginner tutorial that moves your player around with info text that would be fucking great
Also an easy fix would be to just underline people with under 2 days playtime names and make a rule stating they can't be mugged or whatever, so they can at least save up for a fucking Mini Cooper without having to spend an entire week going afk as firefighter.

Deleted member 4983

Well, I do not have the context on that board but I think Ayjay is doing tremendous work.

Reaction score
I do agree that new players have a hard time getting started, I try to help as many of them as I can but I can go around giving all new players 50k and guns because I do need some myself. Something has to be changed.