Server not new player friendly at all.

• Thread starter Deleted member 4983
  • Start date

Is the PD friendly to new players in your view?

• No

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I had an incident today with @Kirk . Kirk helped out a new player, who was carrying 500 drugs. He was working the entire day for them. We called a staff member and helped the new player out, by letting him off with the 500 drugs because the reason why he was searched was because another new player started punching him for no reason.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • A major issue what I see as well is the drug system and all. While yes, it's easy to use once you learn it, the learning process is quite confusing. No one understands why more than 2.5m/l floods the plants. Why would it even be an option? I mean it's just to bully new players. Old players won't make that mistake.
  • Guns are not friendly to new players at all. They cost a lot to just use. The marksmanship even at 100 is potato.
  • Police is too OP for new players. They have no chance. Even experienced players do not have much of a chance (@Dom_)
  • Not enough starting money for new players. While yes, they're new, for the current drug system they get a one way ticket pretty much. Either it works, or it doesn't. If they get raided on the first 35k or whatever they get there's no chance of getting that money back other than being an RC/Medic/Courier for quite a bit.

But let's not talk about the negatives. We've got tons of players ready to help out new players. You've got the crafting system which has been greatly simplified.
It's easy to become a police officer now and all...

Last edited:
Reaction score
That was the right thing to do, you probably made that new player's day. Chances were that he would've just quit after getting them confiscated.
Unfortunately there aren't many people like that in the PLPD, there's plenty that would just confiscate all the drugs, causing the new player to quit.

I also got lucky once. I helped during a bank robbery which gave me a warrant, however the TFU shot me within 1 ms of seeing me, I reported it and the staff said I should send them the demo. I log off on black screen, get demo, log back on and try and become cop. Surprise surprise, the warrant was still there. I get arrested and I try explaining that I died by a cop during the robbery and the warrant should not be there.
The regular officer gets an admin to check, and lets me go. He also gets an LT to remove the warrant.
I was 1 unsympathetic cop away from getting a 10000 fine and a 10 minute jail sentence, and an IA that would get denied "because I left during black screen".

Ayjay

Reaction score
All officers can spawn cars if all haven't already been taken. The mayor can also edit this limit, as with all other government jobs.

Reaction score
It's not about the PD, it's 90% of ph players are toxic to new players, @Daigestive made an experiment once by changing his name and clothes and discovered that everyone was toxic to him

Reaction score
Yeah money is not enough for new players thats %100 right, I sometimes give money to random new players :3 .

Last edited:
Reaction score
I clearly understand you, Someting like this happend to me before. I always invite my old friends to server, But they always quit after getting raid or losing their stuff and etc. But the thing is, New Police Officers ( New System) are not trained like Probationary Officers. Cuz Of whitelist. So they really don’t know much about Policy,Laws and Rules so they keep breaking them .And i always see new Officers Running Stop signs, Driving Recklessly lol. I always try to explain what they did wrong but they forget it after 1 minute xD. I think PD is currently working on Training Sessions for new officers (Not sure, might be)

Reaction score
But is it supposed to be easy for new players? Back when I started playing on the server it was pretty fun that I had some challenge and had something to aim for (to become one of "the big criminals"). First time when I saw a shootout where criminals killed all the cops I thought that was so cool and I wanted to be like them as well. That gave me motivation to keep trying to be something and I feel like I did reach what I was hoping for. I slowly started losing motivation to play on the server because it was always the same thing, shootouts after shootouts.

It's good that the server is a bit hard for new players. They will have to play a lot to achieve something. If they complain that the server is too hard, they shouldn't play it if they don't have motivation to keep trying to achieve what they want. If they wanted to be high rank in PD or a big criminal, everything is possible if they are dedicated enough.

If everything was easily reachable for new players they would lose motivation faster and many of the experienced players would be long gone who are playing till this day.

rat

Reaction score
The PD pre-whitelist used to be a big draw to new players as a place to try the server out without investing any of their own money. They would make mistakes and the system would be abused sometimes but it was one of the only places where a new player could have a proper taste of PERP.

Now it's gotten all serious and even the basic officers have to worry about IAs and applications that no new player who isn't already invested in the server would want to commit to.

The server is serious RP, but people treating the PD like it's the second coming of Brazil (the movie btw,) really puts people off.