*HELP* New PC Build

Reaction score
Please dont spend all that money and get Ryzen, I beg you, get Intel cpu and Nvidia gpu!!!

+corsair h80,h100 better cpu cooler probably cheaper aswell.

+this has a faster core clock for cheaper - https://pcpartpicker.com/product/nc...70-8gb-video-card-geforce-rtx-2070-duke-8g-oc

I would prob get 650 or go safe with 750 which would give you room to OC GPU and CPU.

cant go wrong with seasonic probably the best vendor for psu its gold cert and semi modular same price ish - https://pcpartpicker.com/product/gW...ified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-750fm

if its to expensive I would go with seasonic 650w fully modular gold.

Last edited:
Reaction score
OMG imagine using a ryzen instead of an i9 omega lul. Decent build overall as previously implied I generally dislike AMD cards, and the like. But this really boils down to personal preference, although I do statistically feel as though intel is superior in nearly every way it isn't nearly as cost effective as AMD, so it's a good buy if you're on a tight budget. If you have some spare cash 100% go for an i7, i9 is just overkill for 99% of games and with an RTX card you really won't notice much of a difference (I have played on a build with both). Also make sure you know how to actually build the PC, really boils down to a lot of common sense, just make sure you don't shock your motherboard or you're fucked, also you should 100% know how to apply thermal paste before attempting to apply it to your CPU for the first time, I blew threw a CPU because I applied to little to my first ever build and had to buy a new one.

Here is a build that I just threw together with some of the same specs I used liquid CPU cooling tho just because I find it more efficient, I put some fans in der too if you wanted to use case fans instead of liquid throughout. Also the Asus ROG Strix allows for RGB support so why not right :p.

I wouldn't suggest using this build over the one creepis made tho, unless you really care about RGB and prefer intel over AMD his build looks good.

Deleted member 6228

If you're going to spend good money on a PC get an I7 9700k and overclock it. I've never met someone who doesn't have heating issues with AMD products.

Reaction score
He's getting this for gaming, not production so the DaVinci comparison doesn't really matter use userbenchmarks instead so imma just drop my 2 cents in again.

I'll just wait till Ryzen 3000 comes out before I can correct you, Intel's too expensive for my taste and the way they're going at the moment, also better upgrade path. Everything is down to personal preference, never had a problem with BeQuiet and never heard the fan even spin up in my unit. People have their doubts with AIOs and since Aquaa has no idea of how to build a computer and has his doubts I just gave him the best air cooler available which is more than enough. I myself won't make a switch to AIO so whatever. As for the Duke, never heard of that brand so I can't speak for their reputation or reliability.

Edit: It's MSI apparently. Their motherboards are trash, not sure about their GPUs.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i9 is fucking overkill
Also make sure you know how to actually build the PC, really boils down to a lot of common sense, just make sure you don't shock your motherboard or you're fucked,
and this is why I suggested him to use a air cooler because he's too afraid of AIO, they're both really easy to install.
also you should 100% know how to apply thermal paste before attempting to apply it to your CPU for the first time, I blew threw a CPU because I applied to little to my first ever build and had to buy a new one.
I doubt that too little or too much paste would fuck your entire CPU, the motherboard probably shorted out with a screw stuck underneath or something else. This is literally impossible for it to happen and it would just shut itself off when it reaches max temperature.

I won't even make a comment about the Ryzen lmao cmon Bert

Last edited:
Reaction score
I never have had issues with cooling but yet again, I'm just going over defensive mode. The stock cooler is way better ever since the FX era days and also managed to overclock mine to 3.8ghz up to 74°c or less on synthetic tests

Deleted member 6228

maybe a 8700k then lul i was just thinking newest and best, u seen where this nigga lives? lmao

Deleted member 6228

my friend had like 7 cards and 3 cpus overheat, thank fuck he got it prebuilt and covered

Reaction score
You can't just simply say intel would be better. As a lot of AMD chips are better than Intel. They both have their own strengths and differences and you need to view it from the view of the consumer.