How Perpheads changed me

Reaction score
Okay, so first off I would like to say that this is not me being an attentionwhore...
I didn't really know where to put this so I put it here...

Okay, so before I joined perp I was extremely afraid of making mistakes, I hated to speak openly, was very unconfident and I had a big fear of failure, which caused a lot of stress because I had to do everything perfect.
I thought that whenever I would make a mistake someone would come and make fun of it, embarrass me in any form or way.
Then a friend of mine asked me if I could join him, I joined him, so I prepared myself for anyone laughing at me because I was new and didn't know what to do.

Perp was a complete new thing for me, I joined and had to change my name into a roleplay name, I didnt know so I freaked a bit out, called myself Mister Spook...
I knew it was wrong as my friend told me that it is not a valid name, that's when I felt the feeling of failure come up, I tried to stay calm but nearly exploded because I was very ashamed...
then Ajay, back then still a mod, came up and saw my name, I thought that he would make fun of it or anything, but no. He just said: "that's not really a valid name, here have a name change"
I felt really relieved because it turned out very well at the end.

Then my first mistake was made, I crossed the intersection, So i got picked up immediatly, I felt like shit because "I broke 2 rules in 5 minutes", I was expecting to see messages like "oh my god this sweater is so stupid" in OOC, however they never came, The Mod, I believe it was @GraveDinosaur explained to me how i was breaking the rules, and explained everything calmly... Again, I felt really relieved...

I managed to become a police officer, got a bit of confidence, and got assigned by @Samuel Sheppard to my first partners @jimmythehamster and George Cole, I had the time of my life and they showed me everything, I made a lot of other friends and everything went better, because this staff team and this whole community in general was so amazing to me...

On school my confidence was going up... I got better grades for all the presentations and other things where I had to do things in public, I wasn't afraid of asking things anymore and my fear of failure got less, people were telling me I was doing way better...

So thanks Perpheads community and every one that made this possible for helping me out with my problems, I changed a lot and I just want to say thanks for that...

so, thanks!

lots of hugs and kisses,
-Spook

Reaction score
I'll be 100% honest here with you, PERP (Or generally other games where voice communication is kinda key) helped me with my shyness if you could say so. I was never sure, kinda had the same fear like you, always looking that I didn't do anything wrong or someone would complain to me for a mistake but it got better with time. I'm still kind of like this IRL but it's been better and I have been improving, it's nice to see that it also helped you in a way :^) This also has much to do with your personality, take a test for yourself and it literally helped me understand everything better. You might get ISFJ like me but as I said, try it out c: http://puu.sh/mqqzt/4c04f6ce0c.png

Reaction score
Well, you're not the only one. Thanks to PERP and its (absolutely disrespecting and aggressive) community members, I first got better in english (having now an A in english), my self-confidence went better in presentations, getting filmed etc. and now I can finally defend myself against disrespectful comments etc. which really helped me a lot.

EDIT: I've tried it also once https://www.16personalities.com/profiles/5773e1356e5a6
I'm apparently a Protagonist

EDIT2: https://www.16personalities.com/profiles/57742b3e6a2a5
Now I'm apparently a Executive after I've done the test in german

Last edited:
Reaction score
You were just like me when I first joined perp :) . I also had a stupid name and then ran over the intersection like it was nothing.
But later it turns out Perpheads is one of the best communities there exists. If you make a stupid mistake people don't laugh at you, they run to you to help you and tell what you did wrong. That is the main reason why I and many other people kept playing PERP! This is the ideal place for people that are shy and wanna get rid of that 'problem'.

Reaction score
I'll be 100% honest here with you, PERP (Or generally other games where voice communication is kinda key) helped me with my shyness if you could say so. I was never sure, kinda had the same fear like you, always looking that I didn't do anything wrong or someone would complain to me for a mistake but it got better with time. I'm still kind of like this IRL but it's been better and I have been improving, it's nice to see that it also helped you in a way :^) This also has much to do with your personality, take a test for yourself and it literally helped me understand everything better. You might get ISFJ like me but as I said, try it out c: http://puu.sh/mqqzt/4c04f6ce0c.png

Thank you @Creepis , if anyone deserves admin, it is you!
You Helped me out a lot InGame and on the forums, always kind of looked up to you :3

You were just like me when I first joined perp :) . I also had a stupid name and then ran over the intersection like it was nothing.
But later it turns out Perpheads is one of the best communities there exists. If you make a stupid mistake people don't laugh at you, they run to you to help you and tell what you did wrong. That is the main reason why I and many other people kept playing PERP! This is the ideal place for people that are shy and wanna get rid of that 'problem'.

Well, you're not the only one. Thanks to PERP and its (absolutely disrespecting and aggressive) community members, I first got better in english (having now an A in english), my self-confidence went better in presentations, getting filmed etc. and now I can finally defend myself against disrespectful comments etc. which really helped me a lot.

It gives me even more comfort when I see that I am not the only one that had this problem:)

The Creators and basicly everyone that helped making this server and community have no idea how much they helped people out, to be honest if it wasn't for Perpheads I would still be the shy, stressed out kid I was before.

So I can't thank this community enough, I want to do something back but I don't know what :)

Reaction score
Okay, so first off I would like to say that this is not me being an attentionwhore...
I didn't really know where to put this so I put it here...

Okay, so before I joined perp I was extremely afraid of making mistakes, I hated to speak openly, was very unconfident and I had a big fear of failure, which caused a lot of stress because I had to do everything perfect.
I thought that whenever I would make a mistake someone would come and make fun of it, embarrass me in any form or way.
Then a friend of mine asked me if I could join him, I joined him, so I prepared myself for anyone laughing at me because I was new and didn't know what to do.

Perp was a complete new thing for me, I joined and had to change my name into a roleplay name, I didnt know so I freaked a bit out, called myself Mister Spook...
I knew it was wrong as my friend told me that it is not a valid name, that's when I felt the feeling of failure come up, I tried to stay calm but nearly exploded because I was very ashamed...
then Ajay, back then still a mod, came up and saw my name, I thought that he would make fun of it or anything, but no. He just said: "that's not really a valid name, here have a name change"
I felt really relieved because it turned out very well at the end.

Then my first mistake was made, I crossed the intersection, So i got picked up immediatly, I felt like shit because "I broke 2 rules in 5 minutes", I was expecting to see messages like "oh my god this sweater is so stupid" in OOC, however they never came, The Mod, I believe it was @GraveDinosaur explained to me how i was breaking the rules, and explained everything calmly... Again, I felt really relieved...

I managed to become a police officer, got a bit of confidence, and got assigned by @Samuel Sheppard to my first partners @jimmythehamster and George Cole, I had the time of my life and they showed me everything, I made a lot of other friends and everything went better, because this staff team and this whole community in general was so amazing to me...

On school my confidence was going up... I got better grades for all the presentations and other things where I had to do things in public, I wasn't afraid of asking things anymore and my fear of failure got less, people were telling me I was doing way better...

So thanks Perpheads community and every one that made this possible for helping me out with my problems, I changed a lot and I just want to say thanks for that...

so, thanks!

lots of hugs and kisses,
-Spook
I've played for so long on Perp, and only just created an account now lol, back in the day you could play as cop chill no applications needed.
Man I'm so glad to hear that I was able to help you out on cop and as well making your self more confident for your real life stuff.
Let me know when we can have a word on teamspeak,

Cheers,
George Cole

Reaction score
I had the same affect on zarp 3-4 years ago and recently on perp
When I was about 12 I would play zarp and I had no maturity or social skills
People would -Support my staff applications and I would report them for bullying and cry about everything that happened aha, But playing gmod actually did improve my personality overall.

Reaction score
I've played for so long on Perp, and only just created an account now lol, back in the day you could play as cop chill no applications needed.
Man I'm so glad to hear that I was able to help you out on cop and as well making your self more confident for your real life stuff.
Let me know when we can have a word on teamspeak,

Cheers,
George Cole
I am studying rn, but for you old friend I'll gladly make time.