What was your first perspective on PERP?

Reaction score
This question will sound weird but , What was your first perspective on PERPheads when you just joined it? How did you see it ? And how do you see it now? Yes weird questions but when I think of PERP back when I joined it, I was like "Wow seriousRP in a city!" Because there aren't many SeriousRP'S in a city, mostly combinecontrol but um, First of all, I had texture problems so I had a black male player model so I got beat up a lot ;c. And every time I join a seriousRP server I feel like "O sht I don't know anything i'm gonna be fucked" , I somehow got into a fight with someone who pushed me with their car , I yelled "Fuck you!" and he started attacking me near "Bolli's testicle" , then the police came and I'm like "o sht cops! very very serious rp!" Now when I look at PERP:
Pew pew! Cops die! Boom raid! Mass shooting! Raid raid! Drugs !!" So the perspective really changed, I though it was some super seriousRP but now its Guns,Drugs,Money for me.

Reaction score
I had never really played that much gmod it looked a bit different and I didn't really like it at first but I played it again and got to know it and yea then I really enjoyed it.

Reaction score
My first prespective was like wow this server is cool i had so much fun in the first day it was really fun to keep on playing and pogressing in crafting and such in the first days that i still do xD

Reaction score
i thought it was terrible because swiper the fox shouted at me for my name being Hilbred Sticklebottom so i was like "well it's a real name" but he proved me wrong by searching facebook :(

Reaction score
I never actually played GMod at all before PERPHeads, so I didn't expect that much, a few friends just told me I should try it out and I wasn't really that interested at first, but I guess since the holidays were near the time I first played, I just ended up spending a lot of time playing and I found it pretty interesting. I thought money genuinly took months to gain because I was always growing small pots in small quantities and constantly wasted my money, but then I guess I found some friends along the way and things became far easier than they seemed at first. Considering I never played any actual Garrys Mod server before, I'd say it was still quite amazing for me to see what is possible on a sandbox game when I first joined.

However I'm pretty sure the first time I ever connected I called myself "Dam son", ran around and disconnected because I thought the fps was atrocious at the time till I came back 2 or 3 months later.

Reaction score
I got scared of S-Hooden, decided to sell weed bags at the Nexus in evocity and opened a noodle shop, running around with 20 guns in my inventory, cause we couldn't get mugged for all of them. Fun experience without supercars everywhere either.

Reaction score
whats this gay shit, im going to have fun as road crew with @Exrobite
results:
Then Mr Lewis taught me and freinds how to play and grow drugs, then he didn't remember it and it was awkward!!!

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
I joined perp with my mate Vice Versa, not knowing what it was. But i'd always wanted a game like GTA mixed with Sims as a kid ... now hear me out lmao, by that I mean a game where you could roleplay as both a criminal and also get a job to earn money.
We both didn't read the rules or laws as it was our first time on the server and my first time on GMOD. We started fighting outside PD for no reason minging. Grave brought us to a sit, my friend was non complient when i was comoletely bamboozled by what was occuring in front of me never seen a phys gun before.
After that he got himself banned by Grave, Grave had a word with me and put my back down where I dipped across the intersection and found the bank. I then bought the church and asked these 3 fellas for a lift to the church in their mini. Turns out they took me to the forest and mugged me for my starting cash. But I didnt give up, I then decided to become a medic and saved up for my first VIP and bought a Mini. :wales:

Reaction score
I saw loads of police videos on YouTube about it so then I joined. Went outside of the PD, found a bat and then a cop gun points me and tells me to drop it. In voice chat I asked, "What button is it to drop weapons? /drop isn't working?" So then he said something along the lines of what do you mean buttons? I seriously thought something was wrong with him until he explained in OOC. But he still arrested me for picking it up, although it was my first time. I thought it was alright, until looking back at it, arresting me over picking up a bat? Then I ran across the highway looking for where to buy cars and I asked someone called "Jonathan Curtis" who offered to give me a lift, hmmm wonder where he took me. We went straight to farm, he took everything I had. Obviously now I know who Ezrider is. Few days later, me and my old friend Max bought a small suburbs house and grew small pots in the bathroom, and then I came out and saw a cop pointing a gun through the window. Made me open the door and then he arrested me because silly me didn't think about pots showing in the window. Always wondered how to make money, but hey, experience is key.

Reaction score
First played perp back in early 2009 (That means I am one of the cool people who played the very original perp while you were still in diapers, git gud kids).
Before then I had only played DarkRP where I was superadmin and abused the shit out of the server so it was quite a departure to play serious rp where you had to fucking /me god damn everything holy shit

Reaction score
@WolfgangHD (used to have a different forums acc) first brought me to PERPHeads in late 2014 despite my profile saying otherwise as I only registered a lot later.

Before I joined, Wolfgang had told me how serious and cool it was, so unlike many other users, I read and studied the rules and laws upon joining to make sure I do not break any. Plus, the server looked so promising and unique, which I was intrigued by. I was a cop a lot with Wolfgang until I started to RP by myself both as a civ and a cop. Since joining, my only goals were to have fun while RPing, to get to be a rather well-known member, all while staying as adherent to the rules as I could.

Wolfgang then took a long break, leaving me with my brother (used to play PERP) and @Aylin Blvck (Losttears/Max Mueller) until he was banned for six months. Upon those events, my brother left PH too. After the ban expired, Max and Wolfgang returned only to leave and return once again.

Somewhere between all that, I applied for Enforcer and got it. Sadly, I resigned, which is a decision I regret wholeheartedly. I let myself be influenced and threw my Moderator rank away. That decision was careless and stupid.

Now, I, along with my friends from back in the day returned and are active once again, even if my break was pretty short.

//on phone, so please excuse spelling errors

Reaction score
Back in 2011 is where it all started for me. I was fucking around with my mates on Skype late night and we were like 5 in a group chat all shouting in Icelandic. I had just eaten some fat pizza I ordered and watched some walking dead and wanted to chat and play with my mates. Two of them were being gay and jumping from server to server in GMod, while me and my bestie were just chatting and figuring out what game we should play. Then 20 minutes later or so, the two who were fucking around (Dudeh and JonniB) told me and Renato (bestie) that they might have found something entertaining to do in Gmod. A perp server named Vs3. It was pretty vanilla perp, running on Evocity with all the errors and shit you'd expect. The rules weren't that strict, either. We got on and they were already growing drugs in one of the subs houses, so me and Renato just joined right in. The cars were dirt cheap on that server, and we managed to get a 100 mph car just by pooling together our starter money times 4. We then drove around the Evocity map, to get to know it. And to be fair, Evocity is easy as fuck to learn; it's just tunnel after tunnel. About 1 year later, Dudeh had become admin, JonniB had pretty much stopped playing but me and Renato were still running an organization called Jarheads. We were the biggest and most feared org on the server, even by the admins. They asked us to decrease our members seeing as most of the time half the server was our org, either basing in all of the subs houses together or in that stupid office building. This is about the time Fredy was also playing on that server, with his 3 or 4 german friends. He had his own org, Black Sun. We had a few shoot outs with them, until we decided to join forces. Black sun merged into Jarheads, giving us 5 quality germans. Stephen Puffs was some sweater running around at that time, too. He'd be amazed of how stuff was saved to a database and wasn't just DarkRP where none of your progress saved (Yeah, that's how darkRP was back then). Dudeh and someone else raided Stephen's house and killed him to steal his pots, even though we had said we'd be interviewing him to join our org. After a brief chat with him when NLR was gone, he joined the org and became a good asset of Jarheads. Me and Stephen made some custom clothing textures as well as some models for Vs3 to use. They took the stuff without even a thanks nor credit. We spent a lot of time on that stuff and got nothing from it, yet they were going to use it... Then, around September or October 2012, Vs3 flopped and became utter trash. It lagged, froze, crashed, everything to displease the players. The coders back then couldn't solve it (not naming names). They tried to relaunch under the name SimplyPerp, except it was pretty much the same. You seriously had 2 fps, 300-400 ping and just unplayable. In January 2013 Fredy came to me and said "Wanna make our own perp?" and I agreed. If you want to find the rest of this story and how PERP-Heads was then formed, it's somewhere on this forum, I think.

Well that's my perspective.

Reaction score
Some ass-hats named @MrLewis and @MrAaron (rip) came up to me and tried to mug me and in the most chavvy accent possible I told them to fuck right off. Aaron belted out "boy you from birmingham mate" and I said fuck yeah so I then got taught PERP by the cuck.

Reaction score
Back in 2014, September. 12th.
I had barely 100 hours logged.
I was browsing the server list for any interesting servers, mainly battle royale considering i found that kinda fun to mess around in.
Then I saw the PERP gamemode, and when I saw what the title was implying I joined straight away, I always hated darkrp considering how much bullshit that happens on those servers.

When I first spawned I was kicked for idling, I waited a bit too long to even move.
Second time I spawned I chose my name after reading the rules for about 10 minutes.
I found out that if I wanted to enjoy anything at all I would have to download the content pack, back then there was only about 11 packs or so if I remember correctly, did that then rejoined. I was kinda amazed by the map, and how well everything fit.

Clever me, I never ran across the highway because I actually read the rules, and I wasn't blind so I took the overpass after exploring the first bit of the map.
I received my first warning 9 days after joining the server (I was being really careful of what I was doing, learning what I can and can't do)
What amazed me the most is how well done everything was, you didn't have a HUD, no spawnmenu (thank fuck), and limited physguns with rule restrictions.
This was all in all, perfect for me.
Then came the marathon, I stayed up all night plenty of times, I got my first warning the same day I invited my IRL friend @TheBlaze
It was great fun, he freaked out when someone tried to mug him and logged off, even though he ran off first, then hid somewhere then logged off, and that was pretty much the last time he played too, he found it to be great fun.

Props to @Xquality for making the map easy to navigate, it really isn't hard to learn the map, though the road names could probably be easier, but then again, it's not often you come across a server that has a map custom built for it so I let it slip.
Thinking back, I lied when I said I didn't get a mini, infact I did, it was around on the 16th or 18th that I bought one, so that I could easily navigate the roads and such.

I was known for being a "minge" according to unknown sources back then (not naming anyone) but I slowly improved as I learned, I'm still learning and improving.

Regardless of how long a person has been a member of the community, the only thing that matters is how quick you learn or how much time you have to study the laws, and I don't have too much time to do so, so it was a slow start for me.
The warning system in my opinion is completely relentless, harsh even. It's like you take a walk outside and slip by accident, and you get severely punished for it. (Other than that the server is great, and I'm not discussing the warning system, so any attempts to reason won't help)

Reaction score
When i joined the server for the first time with 2 friends we rdmed some afk dude with baseball bats. Then when the cops arrived we were amazed by how good they were at rping. Back in those days i was still exploring perpheads and how people played it. Now its just gunfight here gunfight there and a very low standard of rp. Or at least thats how i experience it

Deleted member 1235

I remember joining the server in 2013 and just literally walking around evo whilst there was a bank robbery and watching thinking wow this looks awesome. I hadn't played much gmod by that time and really wanted to get into it. I just spoke to a few people who ignored me but then someone, god I can't remember who, basically explained stuff to me, how to get jobs etc. I then immediately went to the PD once I discovered it and realised I needed around an hour or more playtime before I could join. So I stayed on the server because all the cops looked cool and so I could get some play time. I remember the police chases and zombie events in evo where such fun, especially with the jump into subs (always made that jump).

Just basically kept coming back, and then I came on one day to find out everyone was talking in OOC about a new map that was going to be released later that day (V1 paralake) and decided to find out more I'll join the forums. I joined these forums about a year after I first connected to the perp server, both in september 2013 and 2014

Reaction score
My sweater buddy invited me on in mid august 2014 when fearlessrp had a ddos attack or something. I was amazed at the lack of errors and pink textures. We pooled together money and he bought a mini, he then proceeded to drive around the highway like mong, got a ticket he couldn't pay, and disconnected, leaving me stuck on the highway.