Server Suggestion Implement a cooldown on respawning the SWAT Van

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Implement a cooldown on respawning the SWAT Van
Suggestion Description: Implement a cooldown on respawning the SWAT Van after it has taken 5% vehicle damage, currently you can just respawn the SWAT Van whenever you fancy as long as you are the one who originally spawned it. This results in people responding to a Regals raid/Slums raid/Bank Robbery and bumming the SWAT Van and then once it starts smoking they respawn it.

Personally I'd say that a 2 minute cooldown is fine as it will discourage people from doing the strategy with the SWAT Van that I explained above.

In addition, it is pretty unrealistic how the PD has infinite SWAT Vans at their disposal that can be handed out at any time.

Why should this be added?:
- Realism
- Stops people from ratting in a SWAT Van for an infinite amount of time in shootouts.

What negatives could this have?:
- Upsetting people who are scared to take a shootout with 200 health and a free gun.

What problem would this suggestion solve?: Me breaking my keyboard

Reaction score
Man can we cut the policy bullshit, the problem is you can respawn a SWAT van over and over, the plays is absolutely fine and valid. Playing with needless restrictions is boring and bad.
Guidelines in the handbook are being added to give people a written guide on how to actually use the van. We currently don't have a detailed guideline on this so I am making one. All as most handbook additions are is deeper interpretation of existing policies as to void confusion.

Someone circling around a shootout respawning the bang bus upon it almost dying and not actually making efforts to engage the threat at hand has always been something disallowed, Its just if this is now a problem this isn't being appropriately represented by existing resources. To remind everyone of the SWAT vans required usage, It is imperitive that I specify that the SWAT Van is to deploy and extract officers, and scouting ahead around such situations.

Reaction score
Exploiting an NPC that gives you a new car that is intended on giving you a new car is... Enforceable how?
If you see the car is taking damage and then respawned over and over?

I don't know how logs work but if megasaw did it so many times for someone to make a suggestion. Maybe it's not the game that's causing the issue but the player abusing something. Just saying. I usually look at things from a very non biased standpoint and this seems like clear abuse to me, especially since no one else I know does this ever. Just telling them to stop or giving them a warning of some sort it could be classified under a certain rule or something idk. I'm not trying to tell staff how to do their jobs, just saying from a player standpoint it seems more of an abuse of the gameplay mechanics on purpose and seems like more of an f6 issue than a policy issue.

Reaction score
Not sure why this wouldn't just fall under a server rule as unrealistic actions or exploiting. You guys making some big ass deal about it when it could just be classified as a server rule break cuz it seems pretty exploity to me to keep respawning a car during an active shootout affecting people's gameplay. I've never done this in all my time playing TFU and that's saying something, this should show you people are doing this on purpose to gain an advantage over others and it should not be allowed. In fact I'm confused why staff don't consider this a rule break, considering it would be easier to fix instead of going through weeks of an IA process if this gets added in policy.
Lilbro acting like staff enforce rule 2.1 :penguin:

Reaction score
If you see the car is taking damage and then respawned over and over?

I don't know how logs work but if megasaw did it so many times for someone to make a suggestion. Maybe it's not the game that's causing the issue but the player abusing something. Just saying. I usually look at things from a very non biased standpoint and this seems like clear abuse to me, especially since no one else I know does this ever.
As it stands its not necessarily considered rule-breaking abuse though, Why should I be expected to enforce something thats not a rule? Something incredibly annoying to deal with doesnt equate to a rule break.

Reaction score
As it stands its not necessarily considered rule-breaking abuse though, Why should I be expected to enforce something thats not a rule? Something incredibly annoying to deal with doesnt equate to a rule break.
That is true, however when it's impacting people so heavily they start making suggestions on forums about it. I think the issue comes down to the player not the server. We have rules for a reason so they aren't abused, if people are going out of their way to abuse a game function. It's not the devs faults for not dotting every single tiny little possibility. it falls under staff to take care of people abusing it. All Im saying is you can't dev out every single little thing, people are going to find a way to exploit anything to their gain to the maximum ability no matter what is fixed. All I am saying is this seems like one of those times it would be easier just to warn people under a certain rule to not do so and no dev change would even need to be implemented. (especially considering no one does this, idk people who even do this it's so lame)

Reaction score
its not just @Megasaw who do it many tfus do it when bank raid happend there van eat so many shoots so they drive to pd and get new one also on slums/regals raids

Reaction score
Add a cooldown if it makes you happy. I use the van regularly and don't ever recall running back to PD to respawn it mid shootout, this just seems like a salty response to @Megasaw doing it once and wiping your raid group.
man has never done a big raid and it is very noticeable

Reaction score
. I'm not trying to tell staff how to do their jobs,

Or just do your job as staff... And punish people for exploiting easier fix and fast

:laughcry:

I agree with the main suggestion though. In bank raids or even normal raids, cops running back and forth respawning cars, healing or resupplying while fighting crims is annoying as well since they can already come back if their NLR is up. Not to mention dead cops benefiting of the annoying camping since they have higher chance of responding due to the campers not giving a chance for the crims to leave unless they make a prayer then push out hoping they don’t get perped on by the mono audio of some pistol cop one tap sniping them from narnia soon as they exit the doorway.

Last edited:
Reaction score
:laughcry:

I agree with the main suggestion though. In bank raids or even normal raids, cops running back and forth respawning cars, healing or resupplying while fighting crims is annoying as well since they can already come back if their NLR is up. Not to mention dead cops benefiting of the annoying camping since they have higher chance of responding due to the campers not giving a chance for the crims to leave unless they make a prayer then push out hoping they don’t get perped on by the mono audio of some pistol cop one tap sniping them from narnia soon as they exit the doorway.
I might have made a slight oxymoron quote, but yeah I agree its a good change. I just don't see why it's all that necessary when there are already 2.5 and 2.1 in the rules. I'm totally open for any fix I just think the rules could cover it better as is.