Police Suggestion VIP TFU/SWAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea:
So as you all know there is mixed opinions between SWAT and TFU there was also a week where they bought back the old PD with SWAT and it was fucking cancer, which is why i propose a new idea! (kind of) bring back SWAT or keep TFU and have it so if you are VIP and senior officer + you can access the rank. This will mean that experienced pd players will be able to get a hold of the rank but not random sweaters who use it to minge. This will make it so that you have to actually progress and work towards getting this rank to become a SWAT or TFU member and of course if you do anything wrong in this you are eligible to an IA and removed from SENIOR OFFICER which will strip their access to the unit.

What about the TFU command? As you all know there is a ranking structure within the TFU this can still be implemented with this idea! TFU command will simply stay as their rank and control the SWAT or TFU, if any complaints come in they would deal with it along with IA and decide on their punishment. This will mean that it will be the same as it is now just with no application, this also bring a lot more resistance against people minging on the unit as they will be eligible for demotion or blacklist from the unit and with it being only accessable to senior officer + they will care about the rank more than some random officer sweater.

What about TFO trainers? TFTO will still be able to hold training sessions but do it how XQ used to, going to the pd's meeting room or farm to practice breaching and positions.

Why should this be added? (pros):
It will be easier to have more FUN on the server, right now you have to go through a long training process which doesn't really teach you much anyway, just to throw flash bangs and TFU van abilities. With this change it will also be easier for senior officers and officers to actually continue with an rp sit, as it stands if there are only senior officers and below on and no one is listed into TFU someone can run into their building, lock the doors and it's over, no way of perusing the sit apart from camping their door for hours. Not to mention the amount of fun this will actually bring to the PD and not sweaty kids showing of their rank as officer with automatic gun brrrr. This could possibly bring more members into the PD, as it is right now there are quite a few members who tend to stay away from the PD as it is too much of a grind and just boring, this will be so much fun to actually play with.

What negatives could this have? (cons):
Some people could not want this change due to them liking how it is now. People could think it is too easy to get an automatic gun and completely heavy gear. Also you may not like CHANGE!

*Other additions:
This worked when SWAT was a thing and it was extremely fun, this just removes the application process and allows you to get hold of the rank easier. Also please don't become a keyboard warrior if you don't like this suggestion, just put what you don't like and why.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I feel like this could be a decent idea, but maybe not for senior officer. I feel that people with a bit more experience like corporal+ could have access. Maybe have this as a different unit to TFU? Keeping the TFU structure in place with its applications, and just have this as getting access to some more guns like SMGs and Shotguns?

Reaction score
I feel like if this gets changed, it is going to end up becoming the revert all over again.

The requirements were already lowered, and I'm pretty sure certain infractions won't stop you from applying if @Momos idea goes ahead.

If you can get senior officer, surely you can get tfu. It opens every month, you just have to be smart during it.

Reaction score
I do see your point but i think it will be a lot more fun and get more people to strive for upranking within the pd, the application process i believe is just uneeded

Sam

Reaction score
@Kempotent

Two things,
1) Posting rules clearly state that you should post a poll with two options, your suggestion should be a yes or a no. Then discussions can be held in the post itself.
2) This is a PD thing, so it will be moved to the PD section.

thanks

Reaction score
The application is absolutely needed. TFU Command need to assess who they are bringing into the division. Not just for tactics, but to notice any issues that arise for them during the application.

Reaction score
As it stands you are already eligible to apply for TFU as Senior Officer. This isn’t a very hard rank to get to and so I feel like this wouldn’t be much different to when they reverted due to how easily you can get S.O.

Additionally, I agree with Jimmy on the point that the application, or at least some assessed way of entry, is vital so command can pick and choose who they think deserves and is qualified for TFU. All your idea does is give a bunch of guns and infinite ammo to anyone who’s willing to spend a week on the server playing PD, this will surely cause problems as it did last time.

-Support

Reaction score
I just want to add, adding this, TFTO's will most likely be gotten rid of. This just removes all 11 tfu trainers, excluding Collier's alt and the chiefs.

Sam

Reaction score
I have a hard time seeing your point here? Should the suggestion be denied/accepted because of some people losing a virtual role or? Even if you read the current roadmap, you will see that there will be no need for 11 trainers.

Reaction score
@Kempotent Remember the Revert. It was aids, and that was a week, we had people who won't be named, sitting in gear all day, People had petty fights over the SWAT Van and didn't really have knowledge of tactics or operations, they just rushed in and died.

Reaction score
Trainers are currently being recruited after half the time, some didn't turn up. I don't see your point here either. People have worked hard to get this ''Virtual rank'' which this suggestion basically asks for them to be removed.
Trainer role (Training Update)
  • Has one reserved slot
  • Can do in-game training and leads all TFU
  • Can demote TFU
  • Give access to training grenades
    • Ability to hand out to other TFU
I think there will be a need for them, after all, some trainers appear more on the server than others.

Sam

Reaction score
@Jimmy Jackson There will definitely not be a need for 11, to run some in game training. Such a number can not be justified. Each role needs to serve a purpose, each person holding a role much serve a purpose.
So accepting or denying a suggestion based on people losing a role is ridiculous. Clearly if there is 11 trainers and more are needed, then the majority don’t show up when they are needed.

Reaction score
@Samuel People can't show up all the time, They have things called Lives? We could mention the 17 Traffic trainers that the Traffic division currently has...

Sam

Reaction score
@Jimmy Jackson Ofc people have life’s! But how many are needed for a stage 3?

Well I don’t see how traffic can justify 17 of those honestly... seems excessive and clearly lack of oversight

Reaction score
@Samuel You have 1 trainer assigned to 1 candidate, then you have the shooters for each scenario and then you have some innocent people. Most of those are trainers.

Sam

Reaction score
@Jimmy Jackson Oh my, that don’t seem like the best way to do it. Especially considering some of the people that have been accepted.

Ingame applications are the future! No need for a RTT if the vehicle is self driving!

Status
Not open for further replies.