Important message for “CBD Herb” users in the U.K.: It’s still illegal.

Reaction score
Anyone following the cannabis market within the U.K, Or remains informed on both medical and marijuana related products, news, politics, etc. Will be aware of these “CBD” Products. An increasingly popular product within the CBD market is “CBD Flower”, Also known as CBD herb. It is available online in resin, hashish, bud, “pre rolled joints”, smoking mixtures, and other products.

Whilst products containing already processed CBD are legal, These products designed to mimic how cannabis is available are not legal within the United Kingdom, under the misuse of drugs act.

The following products are legal:
- Skin and healthcare products containing CBD
- CBD vape liquids
- CBD extract (Such as oils or powder, not including hashish or resin)
- Products containing extracted CBD. (CBD that has been scientifically extracted from its host plant with little to no traces of THC present)

The following CBD products are Illegal to possess without a license in the United Kingdom:
- CBD herb, flower, or any other product containing unprocessed CBD plant. This includes smoking mixtures, “Pre rolled joints” and certain tea bags.
- CBD “resin” extract, similar to cannabis resin designed to be used in a dab pen, “one hitter” or other resin vaporiser device (not including e cigarettes, unless an attachment to allow for resin vaporisation is attached to the device).
- CBD “hash”.

“If it’s illegal, then how come it’s available readily online and in shops?”

The CBD herb is available online due to the fact that it’s not completely illegal to possess or purchase. The following demographics may legally acquire CBD herb products:
- Licensed Pharmacies.
- Those with a Cannacard medicinal marijuana pass.
- Those with a pharmaceutical license allowing them to purchase CBD hemp with the intention of processing it professionally into a consumer grade product.

What does the law say that outlaws these products:
“cannabis” (except in the expression “cannabis resin”) means any plant of the genus Cannabis or any part of any such plant (by whatever name designated) except that it does not include cannabis resin or any of the following products after separation from the rest of the plant, namely—
(a) mature stalk of any such plant,
(b) fibre produced from mature stalk of any such plant, and
(c) seed of any such plant;]
“cannabis resin” means the separated resin, whether crude or purified, obtained from any plant of the genus Cannabis;

Despite its negligible amount of THC (the banned psychoactive component of CBD), The component of the plant is still outlawed for unlicensed use regardless of its THC content. There’s also the fact that the THC can still be extracted from these products, thus outlawing private ownership as it contains a source of this product.

”I currently possess or use this product, what are the legal implications of being caught with it?”

The legal repercussions could well be the same as being caught with cannabis really. You’re very unlikely to be arrested for possessing it for personal use, but selling or distributing it could well carry major repercussions.

Pictures:

These are LEGAL:
1976E67F-108E-485F-BC0F-8ED7956837B6.png

87281194-6AFB-4A63-B9F7-DB0958E84680.png

These are illegal:

7D87852E-7043-4EE6-AD96-099AFC67D66C.jpeg

0715AE61-7E8D-41B9-AD43-83E64D780665.png
5C157688-8431-4D25-827E-CC19D2F9E835.jpeg

Reaction score
I went through a stage of using CBD, I got searched with it and the police officer was completely fine with it and let me keep it. It all depends on the officer. She did try claim I was selling it but couldnt prove anything so let me get on with my day

What makes CBD allowed is that it has under 2% thc and not gonna lie, no police officer is gonna go through the pain of getting it tested ect so its just a semi loophole. Most will be cool with it but obvsly some are well against it

We even nearly had my great nan using it. I feel CBD is more decriminalised than anything, its just like having a canacard
Its like you can get terpene infused papers, there is not much they can do and most will be cool

Reaction score
  • Staff
What makes CBD allowed is that it has under 2% thc and not gonna lie, no police officer is gonna go through the pain of getting it tested ect so its just a semi loophole. Most will be cool with it but obvsly some are well against it
The THC Can still be extracted and concentrated therefor its illegal. They don't need to "Get it tested" as its still illegal to possess without either a Canacard or a pharmacist license.

Reaction score
The UK is cringe and doing drugs is cringe.
donkey take

cbd has almost 0 recreational potential on its own, has no intoxicating effects, and is a promising and in some cases life-saving treatment for anxiety, depression, and certain types of seizures

please dont type when u have no clue what ur talking about

Last edited:
Reaction score
Move to another commonwealth country (Canada) and legally purchase cannabis if you’re 19+!

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this thread is suitable or appropriate when the majority of the playerbase's average age is around 13 to 15.

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this thread is suitable or appropriate when the majority of the playerbase's average age is around 13 to 15.

The majority of the active forum users however are of age, a huge portion of them after conversations in game and on TS seem to be into or at most tolerant towards these cannabis products. Furthermore CBD products aren’t psychoactive. I was informed of these products in a large conversation on teamspeak where I googled them and discovered they were illegal.

The purpose of this thread is to inform UK based users on these products being illegal and therefor discouraging them.

I understand your concern however.

Reaction score
okay guys Benji is doing the right thing. Education about this sorta thing is important.

However just to make folks aware the cancard scheme isn’t actully a “legal” way to buy/posess flower

The only truly legal way is to go to a clinic (Lookup patient twenty21 or sapphire clinics) where it is perscribed and all closely monitored.

Please if you are going to be doing this sorta thing slightly less than legal check to see if your usual medication has any interactions with CBD(or THC) before you take it. As you don’t wanna have a reaction.

Just please whatever ya do do it safely