Janssoni

• Thread starter Deleted member 5920
  • Start date

Deleted member 5920

Janssoni, very kindly downgraded his Nissan Skyline to refund the child that @Niko scammed. Frankly I thought it was abusing the guys maturity about the game. He was clearly not that smart and you abused him. But enough of the negative stuff I just think @Janssoni needs some credit.

Reaction score
I was actually going to make this too. The fact that @Janssoni did this really made me happy. He is an awesome friend, player and clearly an awesome character.

I also agree with you @Ethan. In my eyes, @Niko only attempted to scam the player because of his age. But enough. Steve Cockerel you sir deserve a medal <3

Reaction score
I just got a ton of more respect for my already good friend @Janssoni , such a cool and nice guy doing this!
Janssoni/Steve Cockerell definately deserve all the respect and cred we can give him. As @Mr. Nice said, you Sir deserve a medal! :D

Deleted member 1235

You're pretty much awesome, and a very friendly guy <3

Trande

So he gave money to this guy who got scammed ICly? I don't think he had Ic knowledge, so he technically metagamed by using his OOC knowledge about this incident.

Nah honestly, guys. Stop this Niko bashing. And this "child" is 13 afaik, you're just one year older than him then. Plus, it's his own fault.

Reaction score
Tagging @Niko so he can see this.

Shizzle, Janssoni, that is fucking generous of you.I hope you aren't going to suffer too much from that downgrade that you have made on your Skyline, but who cares if you have a generous heart, amirite?

+rep, highballer

MattIs

This highlights there needs to be a maximum scam amount on the server.
Yes it's nice for people to wham and get 250k, and I'm sorry but you have to be
fucking idiotic to get scammed by that much IC'ly but people who are newer to the server
don't know any better. I know I would when I joined.

TLDR: You have to be an idiot to get scammed by this amount but newbies don't know better.

Reaction score
Firstly I don't know the details of said "scam", but if it was an in character thing that's fine. Unless he was mislabeling items that use the same model as another. Such as labeling wood nails as bobby pins, that is not allowed. Another common scam would be mixing some items into a pile to where you can not easily pick which it is that you're buying. Again this type of thing is not allowed behavior.

So I don't see why there needs to be a cap really, just be careful. Perhaps putting in the laws that all transactions which money is exchanged must be done at a shop with the item clearly displayed and for sale. Admittedly this probably wouldn't stop scams from occurring but easily states legal provisions for purchases. From what I can remember nothing covers that quite well. (On mobile so can't easily check)

As for @Janssoni it sounds as though he did a very kind thing and I hope the person he helped recognizes just how much he did as well. So I like to see the helpfulness of @Janssoni but wish it wasn't already at the expense of another.