K1 - List of 10 high priority hotfixes to be made before V3. (ideas 1-10/143)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This is the beginning of my list of currently 150 ideas. It's not a joke. I have them all on my phone.
Warning: First of all, I will not always use the normal template or I would have to make... 100-150 topics. I had to modify it slightly as you see in the topic name.
By the way, I will probably share only about 100 of these ideas. The rest may be deemed not necessary.

Most of those ideas are mine (meaning not from other servers) and aren't too excessive at all. No stupid things like bicycles. Vote for +support using my template of +support all :3 and before you deny some of my good ideas, alter them and make them better.

I couldn't find them by searching even though I remember something similar to the first one.

Topic: K1
- List of 10 high priority hotfixes to be made before V3. (ideas 1-10/143)
Yup, K means Krzeszny. There are dozens more topics coming.

Short explanation (in notespoints) (a.k.a. TL;WR - too long; won't read):
Properties and props/entities should remain for 2/3/4/5 minutes after disconnecting (crashing).
2. Slightly higher delivery pay / bonus pay from deliveries.
3. At least 10 seconds to write a traffic ticket.
4. Free bandages for medics.
5. Ability for paramedics to be healed at the hospital NPC.
6. Using fists to pick up fuel cans and description above them.
7. Stupidly low horsepower tweak on some cars.
8. Cooking fish on oven without salt.
9. More items than 20? - problems with police barricades.
10. Separate button for government radio (might be optional... in options).

Detailed description (why should it they become added/...):
1. (Disconnect cooldown)
- To prevent people losing valuable items. Optionally it could even last as low as 2 or 3 minutes until you start connecting to the server (you crash and instantly open up Gmod).
2. (Delivery pay)
- Being a delivery man is fun, but we need more jobs that are actually profitable so we don't have to grow or cook to get money. If the delivery man got more payday and/or bonus pay from deliveries, it would piece on for lack of orders on delivery.
3. (Timed traffic ticket)
- This is the best way to avoid things like ticketing a moving car like I saw happening once, or random tickets. 2 additions: it could be 15 seconds (too long?) and we should be able to turn around and look while writing a ticket not to get run over - in this game you don't have peripheral vision and don't hear the exact direction of incoming cars. Officer writing it should stop if he moves.
4. (Bandages for paramedics)
- I got this idea 2 days ago when a medic got shot and was bleeding. Not always there are 2 medics. If one starts bleeding, he's practically dead. I suggest 2 bandages as government property like for police, except you get them straight away.
5. (NPC healing paramedics)
- Same as above - he couldn't heal himself. It's super-easy to change it so that NPC can heal him.
6. (Fuel cans)
- I know that you can pick it up with Alt + e, but I found it out after wasting 2 of them on not my car. First, you should be able to pick up gas cans normally, and second - there should be a description saying "Use to refuel the nearest car, Alt+use to pick it up.” It's simple and not complicated. Even without that description if you "don't have time to code it".
7. (Horsepower)
- If it's already fixed, sorry for putting it here. I haven't tested it. Anyway, 1 - dodge ram has a powerful engine, yet FD dodge ram can barely drive up a highway ramp. 2 - GMC Syclone for delivery (or everyone) can't even drive onto highway. What's the point of using it if even a running start doesn't help? 3 - Transit on the other hand can barely drive up that hill at business. If I recall correctly, if you stop to look whether a jet pilot is gonna drive into you (map needs to be changed), you'll start driving onto highway with the speed of ~1 mph, which is, again, unrealistically low on the first gear.
8. (Fish cooking)
- Why has it been removed? Cooking it on the oven for 2 minutes like meth. There's no point in cooking fish and selling it for less than you paid for salt. Unless someone is very bored. Fishing could earn you some profit if it were possible. If it just didn't work for me, again, I apologize. I've tried it on a friend's oven.
9. (20 items)
- It's now kind of a problem that bandages and all traffic barricades for police take 18/20 slots in the inventory. Then 1 slot for life alert, 1 for flashlight or something and you can't take anything else. When you have over 2 entities (excluding phone) and you place barricades somewhere, there is no way you can pick them up unless you quit your job. Trust me, it is necessary unless you want to run between storage and PD back and forth.
10. (Gov radio button)
- Simple, yet effective and useful idea. Change the current system to using radio by pressing B. You'd probably have to add a window that pops up when you join the government so that everyone knows it has changed. Key B suggested, changeable in keybindings tab.
OPTION: make it optional, but default. Why? - everyone, especially experienced cops hate others accidentally yelling "pull over" or talking with a citizen on the radio. Imagine someone has radio reception muted with "H", but radio turned on. I believe even that happens sometimes. Better question (answer before denying this suggestion) - Why not?

Optional additions:
Storage access for delivery man and optionally taxi driver taxi could be abused.
- As you know, as a delivery man you don't get orders too often, and you sometimes pass the subs storage. Why is it not permitted to access storage? If it was, delivery men could for example go fishing when they don't have any orders. Trust me, it happens.
It's not really necessary.

Use this template to discuss each of them if you'd like to:
1.(Disconnect cooldown)
2.(Delivery pay)
3.(Timed traffic ticket)
4.(NPC healing paramedics)
5.(Bandages for paramedics)
6.(Fuel cans fix)
7.(Horsepower)
8.(Fish cooking)
9.(20 items)
10.(Gov radio button)
(11. Storage for delivery)

Thanks for reading my wall of text.
Don't even try saying my ideas are bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Seems like a good positive suggestion list. I agree with you, because the Police Crown Vic goes super fast compared to the 200k worthless civilian one. Many cars need to have their torque and horsepower changed. (7)

And I completely agree with 4 and 5.

+Support To everything mentioned.

Reaction score
I have the Lamborghini Gallardo - it costs 2 million and it only got like 75? It needs to be boosted a lot higher. The BMW M3 goes 70 and it costs 800k...

Reaction score
1. Properties and props/entities should remain for 2/3/4/5 minutes after disconnecting (crashing). requested lots of times.

2. Slightly higher delivery pay / bonus pay from deliveries. +support maybe more people will do the dilevery job then.

3. At least 10 seconds to write a traffic ticket. +support makes it more realistic but isnt really needed.

4. Free bandages for medics. +support if you are helping the cops in a raid by healing them or reviving them you always need to ask another medic to heal you when you get hurt and sometimes you are the only one and you diie.

5. Ability for paramedics to be healed at the hospital NPC. not needed if you have the free bandages.

6. Using fists to pick up fuel cans and description above them. not needed because you can just pick it up and place it again if you placed it at the wrong car.

7. Stupidly low horsepower tweak on some cars. +support on some cars it needs to be higher and more realistic

8. Cooking fish on oven without salt. totaly not needed and unrealistic if it would be added.

9. More items than 20? - problems with police barricades. +support on this always have to call an admin because i got too much items on me and can't pick the barricades up.

10. Separate button for government radio (might be optional... in options).
its not really needed don't see an problem with the B.

Reaction score
1. (Disconnect cooldown)
- To prevent people losing valuable items. Optionally it could even last as low as 2 or 3 minutes until you start connecting to the server (you crash and instantly open up Gmod).

The reason why we do not have any cooldown timer is because it can be easily abused as for an example doing drugs and something goes wrong and you "alt + f4" out of the game. And the other thing is that the game/server does not know when your game crashes. It does recognize when you lose connection but not when your game crashes as most of the times the player that crashed will display as he disconnected by himself.

4. (Bandages for paramedics)
- I got this idea 2 days ago when a medic got shot and was bleeding. Not always there are 2 medics. If one starts bleeding, he's practically dead. I suggest 2 bandages as government property like for police, except you get them straight away.

Also the reason why we do not have this (correct me if im wrong) is that as a Paramedic you should not be near a scene while there is still shots being fired. Just like most of the players do and which they are actually not supposed to do. As for an example there is a shootout between Police and Criminals at the Apartments and the Medic that arrives the scene enter that area and starts reviving cops over and over now obviously it is technically fine as long as you don't do it at the same spot where the officer died. So if the Paramedic enters that specific area and keeps on reviving the police over and over he sometimes gets shot which if you ask me is his own fault as he is not supposed to be so close to that scene. I mean lets be honest you don't see a paramedic running behind a swat team just to keep them alive when they get shot.

Everything in a short sentence when playing as a Paramedic do not enter that area where shots are being fired and if a Police Officer needs medical assistance he has to come to you and not the way around. Don't bring yourself into such dangerous situation. And if the Police is shouting at you to get over there you just simply tell them to bring the Officer over to you (depending on the state of the Officer)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have the Lamborghini Gallardo - it costs 2 million and it only got like 75? It needs to be boosted a lot higher. The BMW M3 goes 70 and it costs 800k...
A Morgan Aero SS goes 75 MPH and it costs 1.2 mil

Reaction score

Having vehicles going over 200 as it used to be is a bad idea especially in a small map like Paralake (Obviously nothing that Xquality can do about it) not only would everyone just break the laws without caring about other drivers but just baiting cops to just show off.

Reaction score
Regarding idea 3, 4, 8 and 10:

3.(Timed traffic ticket) It's mostly because I don't want cops ticketing moving cars to avoid admin sits.
5.(Bandages for paramedics) If a paramedic gets shot during a shootout even if he isn't reviving cops, he can't do anything about it. It's unrealistic that he has to die because of unluckiness.
8.(Fish cooking) Why not? It had been working before and there is a point in it - selling fish for money, not to lose money.
10.(Gov radio button) My example "happened to me" a few days ago - I muted the radio and left transmission on by accident. Here's another idea:

Government radio icon (transmitting) should turn off after 1 or 2 minutes of not using it to prevent accidental SPAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.