K13 - Bring back fuel hoses from old PERP. (idea 44/155+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Adding a system similar to the one that was in Evocity, except it should work slower.

Short explanation (in notes):
-Add fuel hoses you have to hold with your hands and touch your car with it to refuel it.
-Make the refueling speed realistically slow to stop players from refueling during a police chase or similar RP situations and to add realism.
-Add something that shows you % of fuel or 1/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4 while you're refueling the car.
-Don't make it automatic or people will just let the car fuel up and walk away for a while.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
Well, you already know why from the title, but I have to write something here.
I don't like the current system which lets you refuel your car instantly because it lets criminals and cops refuel during a pursuit and go on.

Here's situation which happens once a while: someone has a car faster than police cars, he loses them for a while, drives to a gas station, refuels the car and just after pressing "Full tank" police notices him. Now he has a full tank and starts driving away again but cops can't stop chasing him (and let's say they didn't see when he started refueling his car so the can't report him).
And now let's imagine this: he has just picked up the fuel hose as the cops notice him. Now he must either run away on foot or stop refueling, drive away and soon run out of fuel.
Or... give up. But one does not simply do that.

This idea is definitely something needed and it will be worth the weight coding effort.

Optional additions:
-Gas price can be shown on fuel pumps.

Reaction score
+Support -

I hate when chasing someone an the suspect apparently gets fuel on 5 seconds and he's back on 50mph.
Would also bring way more RP to the server!

Reaction score
I like the idea of not refueling instantly. Maybe make it so that it would take 20 seconds to refuel it fully, 10 to fill it 1/2 and 5 seconds for 1/4.

Reaction score
I like this idea. It will bring more RP in to the game which is very positive.

Also make so you don't have to refuel your car that often too. It would be great! That would bring even more RP in to the game!

/Blomman

Reaction score
Can't seem to remember that we used to have hoses in evocity days. But I'm gonna give my support on this since the system now is kinda unrealistic and we promote seriousrp right? If this can be added and if there's time to actually add it, it would be a nice add on to the server.

Reaction score
Well i dunno about the coding and stuff, but then i think you're requried to turn the car off and have the right side of the car towards the gas pump. Myself I've seen people driving on the wrong side and fueling as if you had thrown the hose over the car. I admit I've done so myself, but i try not to. But the problem is; i believe some cars has the fuel opening on the opposite side of normal which then sometimes could cause confusion etc?

I do however support this idea though as it will be better than the current system.

Reaction score
+support this would add so much more realism and make the gas station more populated mabey all pumps can end up being used at the same time.

Reaction score
Hey this way there would be rp options to be one of those guys who fill your car for you like they did in the 60's

Reaction score
Gameplay wise I don't see why this shouldn't be added.
+Support

I do not know if having a fuel hose for each pump will affect the server lag, and thereby making this an undesired implementation.

Reaction score
I have seen this implemented and it caused no lag at all people would just sit talking while fueling their cars this creates more rp and im giving my thumbs up.

+Support

Reaction score
Yes the lag would be minimal and to do this a fairly cheap way wouldn't be too hard. The only hard bit is making it so people don't simply leave pumps and such laying all over the ground. Which I can think of fairly cheap solutions to this as well, but should be effective. Anyways, I do agree I dislike instant refilling quite a lot for reasons already stated and then some. My main two issues with this is the mess which I already described and the fact I need to semioverhaul how much fueling costs and possibly adding an adjustable tax on this.

(Full disclosure, I am looking for more ways to have the city earn revenue based on players actions which may increase their general expenditures, but I hate having inject so much money into the city that comes from nowhere so the city isn't broke 24/7. This would also help encourage mayors to actually work to have a balanced budget or anything of the sort. Will post more about possibilities in a poll in the next few days, but no interest in adding anything until I finish all the vehicle handling stuff)

Reaction score
Adds realism and stops people from getting full tanks instantly.

+Support

Reaction score
+Support

I Like this suggestion, It would add more RP to the game, and as Krzeszny said, it would stop people just instantly fuelling their car in the middle of a police chase.

Reaction score
Also make it so instead of selecting a fuel amount, you set a maximum amount of money to spend and it stops when you hit that. (Maybe even make it draw from the ATM)

Reaction score
+Support. Because it would stop people from insta fueling.. I also have a suggestion to go with this. Maybe the fuel cans can be refueled. So you don't have to buy a fuel can every time you use one

Status
Not open for further replies.