Reaction score
images.jpg

Actually, my ideas are back. even more of them and many have been replaced with something that is actually good instead of "motorbikes" etc. Let me start with a short list and what is a list without 10 small ideas on it? Like in the good old times... more like one year ago. Oh wait, there's 13.

I've been wondering what's the point of a topic in a topic, but whatever.
Topic: Changes to the radar, dragging x 2, running, fire extinguisher, sale descriptions, bobby pin, fire engine, setting props upright, fire department door and holstering weapons / keys, being unable to put out city hall fires, keeping binoculars when joining police.

Short explanation (in notes):

1. Right clicking with radar should make a screenshot.
2. Dragged suspect matching officer’s speed.
3. Being able to change the weapon stance while running and sprinting.
4. Different category for fire extiguishers (they limit bobby pins).
5. 1,5sec cooldown after starting dragging to being able to stop dragging.
6. Item for sale description divided into verses (text slightly in front of the item).
7. Bobby pin animation (could recycle an already existing one). Seems like it already has an animation.
8. Fire engine has to be on to pump water.
9. Setting more props upright by pressing R (road barriers).
10. Ability to batter down the door in the fire departament.
11. Changing to keys swep with a key, for example H with automatic attack to passive mode.
EDIT: 12. Adding fire hydrants in the city hall.
EDIT: 13. Keeping binoculars when joining police.
Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
1. This is so that we would be able to easily upload a screenshot of someone speeding and copy the link into the chat without having to worry about finding the F12 or whatever key. It's not needed but RMB isn't used for anything else.

2. Dragging a suspect and walking backwards is weird. But when you start walking forwards, you outrun them after a few seconds... mo more explanations needed. I also suggest walking fast with a suspect (with Shift) when both the officer and the suspect holds it - to evacuate a suspect from a dangerous idea or just run away before someone takes him into a car.
3. It's important, especially to change from passive to attack stance.
4. Fire extinguishers for some reason have the same category as bobby pins. Is there a reason for it?
5. Here's why: at least 2 times in my carrier as a fictional police officer my suspect was trying to escape into a car. When I right clicked with fists, I usually missed the first or second time, but when I spammed it, I kept starting and stopping dragging them repeatedly. This suggestion is a simple solution to it.
6. A simple solution to long item descriptions. EDIT: First part - making it automatically divide into short lines (in a vertical column). Second optional part - making the text appear slightly in front of the item (towards the player) instead of directly above it to make it visible in shops' corners.
7. It needs an animation. And what I suggest is the animation medics in Half-Life 2 use. Not the best one but the bobby pin system is unrealistic anyway (in real life you use small lockpicks (don't mistake with crowbars) and it takes anywhere from a few dozen seconds to a few minutes in usual locks).
8. Realism. Simple as that.
EDIT: Because of how I think it works in real life.
9. Setting drugs upright is useful but when you want to pick up a road cone or something similar, you either need time (but picking it up and dropping with fists is annoying) or a physgun (but not everyone is a VIP). Or of course to pick it up and place it again. I suggest adding it first to road and concrete barriers.
10. On account of a situation that happened yesterday - a medic was being beaten up by someone inside the fire department. Fire fighter didn't hear me yelling "Open the door!". Luckily medic killed the assaulter. This is also needed in case of someone somehow running away into the fire department (although not likely).
EDIT: Yes, it's enough to let the police use it.
11. It's useful because it's hard to scroll to the keys with the mouse wheel especially as a cop. In my case I always forget to change the stance to passive when I want to holster my gun, so I have to scroll to the keys twice (as with many more players). In reality it's easy to holster a gun, so I suggest a button, H by default which changes to keys from every other slot and when a gun is being used in an active stance.
EDIT: How it should work when a weapon is in attack stance: passive stance > 1 or 1.5 second > keys. Any other item: 1 second > keys.
12. This is something necessary. In the event of a city fire hall city hall fire, there are a few ways to put it out. It always starts with parking the fire engine in front of the stairs. Then firefighters put out the fire near the door and now there's a problem - the useless hall at the right side of the entrance. 3 options - if there's one firefighter, he usually gives up. If there are 2, they need at least half an hour to put it out with infinite fire extinguishers (less if there are more). Third - park the fire engine on the parking lot and take the fire hose through the wall of the city hall and put it out that way. It works, yes, but... taking the (invisible) fire hose through the wall? There's at least one advantage of it being invisible - it doesn't break RP that much for other players. And what if there's a fire upstairs? Either use fire extinguishers or wait for an administrator to put it out. That's why we need fire hydrants that would have to be placed like the CCTV cameras.
13. Binoculars are useful in stakeouts and such, but only S.W.A.T. has them. Now while I won't suggest adding them to the police equipment, I'm sure that it would be a good idea to let police officers use their own binoculars if they have them. Right now they are taken away when you join the force.

Optional additions:
9. Add the possibility to set upright even more props with the R key.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I guess you'll want me to respond to this not withstanding the number of suggestions which makes it a bit harder to track down later but here it goes... (I'll even color my feeling on them, green means like, red means dislike, doesn't necessarily represent accepted/denied at this point)
  1. Speed camera, taking pictures, talked about before and probably will be done.
  2. How is it weird to be dragging someone while looking at them? Have you ever tried dragging someone while not looking at them? That's not easy/practical to do. If you need to quickly get someone out, you probably shouldn't be restraining their movement honestly.
  3. You should already be able to go into attack stance while jogging, but the reason it's limited during sprinting is because if you've ever seen how wildly your character runs, trying to move a heavy object such as a gun into alignment would not be simple.
  4. When is there a time you'd need both bobby pins AND fire extinguishers? I see no reason for this change at all.
  5. Not exactly needed because of your bad aim but I can see how it may be helpful, yet annoying because you may need to grab them quickly after releasing sometimes but then cannot.
  6. I honestly have no idea what this suggestion means, but that said, the way item purchasing is done will probably change. The floating text while useful for shop signs makes selling large quantities or selling smaller items nearly impossible.
  7. Again, not sure what you mean since it already plays an animation while picking the lock. Also your real life example doesn't really explain it at all because if anything you're saying it should take longer than it does, well that would be true with the crowbar as well. Having done demolition work of removing/replacing a door frame personally, I can tell you it's no quick process.
  8. "Realism" is the only argument here and while I don't know how often you've ever seen with a firetruck turned off that's been used to help put out fires I can't imagine it's of any real benefit whether on or off. To me it just seems like an annoyance to require it to be on.
  9. Again talked about before and probably will happen, there's just certain problems with how large some items are where they would easily get stuck in something.
  10. Or you know... We could go with the logical approach and allow police access to the fire department and don't need to breakdown the place.
  11. There's a reason it is the way it is, yes it may be annoying trying to scroll or even use your mouse to select something twice, but the idea here is that you don't magically swap to something else, because there was a time where you could do this, and it made it very easy to shoot a couple shots knowing cops were nearby, then immediately hiding the gun with just the press of a button. Overall it was bad and having people be forced to go to passive has worked to remedy this mostly.
Now if I were to make a counter suggestion, if you're to make more idea posts and continue with your numbering system please also include a local number index, because it makes replying to it a lot easier/better.

Also to answer your inquiry about the topic in a topic... A simple example would be like Thread Title Topic: "Police Database"... In Post Topic: "A police database which tracks person's criminal record and information held by the government". It's basically a one sentence area to briefly cover what your idea adds, the short explanation is so you can explain the different points of what your idea/suggestion does, and the detailed description gives you the area to cover what is so important about your idea as to why we should consider it. Optional additions are exactly that, ideas you think would also benefit your idea to go with but don't view as being a necessary component of it. Of course there are certain times that more than that is required to be talked about, and no one is saying you can't explain more after answering those basic template fields. I'll admit the template is rather bad and should be modified but that should answer you.

Reaction score
First of all, @StephenPuffs, you didn't have to answer it that quickly just because I had been reminding you of that old police list. The reason for that was because you hadn't answered it at all.
Now let me correct a few lots of misunderstandings (most of which were my fault because of short descriptions).
And the index is fixed now.
I'll also colour my reply:
Green - you're right.
Violet - misunderstanding.
Bronze - Let me add something to it.

1. GOOD
1001059_187642351402067_1356050125_n.jpg

2. That's not what I've meant. See, what I think is weird is walking backwards while looking at the person you're dragging forwards. But because of how the game works, I don't see it simple to make it possible to drag someone besides you or in front of you, so my idea is changing the dragged suspect's speed to make it possible to drag them by walking close in front of them (looking in the direction you're moving).
3. Again, you have misunderstood me. And it's probably my fault.
What I've meant here is sprinting with the same animation but in attack stance so that if you stop, you would be ready to shoot. It's not something that breaks realism or isn't possible. While it's just sometimes annoying that if you stop sprinting, you have to change the stance and then after a certain amount of time click again to shoot (and aim) but if you click too soon, you won't shoot. Same when you start sprinting with the attack stance but you don't want to be in the attack stance when you stop. So again, same animation but being able to change the stance you stand in after stopping sprinting. No running with gun forward.

4. When? When you have a shop and you are selling bobby pins and crafting, duh. I do it all the time. But when someone tells me he wants to buy 15, I have to drop the fire extinguisher and then pick it up again or only carry 5 pins at the time (which is unrealistically low anyway, but it's probably balanced). There's no reason not to change it. I suggest the same category as binoculars.
5. No. Yet another misunderstanding. A cool-down after starting dragging and not after stopping. And it's not because of my bad aim but because of how unrealistically hard it is to catch someone who is moving because of the game mechanics. Even to attempt catching someone (but who /rolls for that?).
Again - when you start dragging, a cool-down of 1.5 seconds starts which inhibits you from stopping dragging in case you're spamming RMB. That's my idea. No disadvantages to it.
6. I'm not sure if I've used the word "verse" correctly but what I've meant here is that the description should be divided into short lines/verses (in a column) because wide descriptions cover other descriptions.

7. I've honestly thought there wasn't an animation playing when using bobby pins. If there is, this idea is pointless.
8. First of all, it's a fire engine. A firetruck is a truck with a mechanical ladder on top of it.
And yes, it would sometimes be a hassle for firefighters, but fire engines don't magically pump water, because it's not pressured. It wouldn't be a big hassle anyway, but the engine in the fire engine has to be on to be able to pump water. I got this idea from another PERP server and in my point of view there's no reason not to add it.

9. That's good. I suggest starting with the road barriers as a priority and then when you have more time for less important ideas, adding other important items to the system.
10. You're right.

11. I have 2 more things to say about it - first is that it could be limited to all things that aren't weapons (because you don't see animations for hiding other items anyway). Second is that it could take some time - passive stance > wait 1 second (or 1,5) > keys.
The reason I want it is that it's sometimes annoying to change from fists or many different equipment a cop has to the "keys".
My final suggestion is that it should take 1 or 1.5 seconds to do it automatically, as it's already possible to change to keys from everything else within 1 second after a minute of practice (by using the 6 key).

Last edited: