Law Addition 9.12 - Pedestrians right of way at crosswalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What law do you wish to Edit/Add: I wish to add an additional law under the current traffic laws, 9.12 - Pedestrians right of way at crosswalks

Your version of the law:
At a pedestrians crossing, vehicles must ALWAYS yield to pedestrians, even if the light is green.

Why do you believe this law should be Added/Edited: Currently there is no law that states vehicles must yield for pedestrians at the respective crosswalks. Even though one might argue that it's common knowledge, it does not definitively state in the laws you have to yield for pedestrians, as you must, you know, in real life and thus there would be no legal substance in case a police officer wants to make an arrest for someone actually running a pedestrian over at a crosswalk.
This would add extra protection for pedestians because more often than not, whenever I cross a pedestrians crossing, I nearly always get clipped by a car and have sometimes died due to it, even though some of those instances have been police officers.

Reaction score
Please yes accept this. When I'm trying to passiveRP and I'm trying to cross the highway on the crosswalk at bazaar some punk in a car just drives me over. Same goes for hospital crosswalk.

Reaction score
Firstly, law 9.5 - Road Markings applies to the crossroads that you're mentioning which means it's already a legal obligation for drivers to yield to them. Assuming of course you're talking about THESE. In addition to this we intend on amending law 1.11 to make it a legal obligation for any pedestrians who are using these crossways to use the traffic light buttons (provided there is one). In my opinion the addition of this law would be unneeded.

Reaction score
Firstly, law 9.5 - Road Markings applies to the crossroads that you're mentioning which means it's already a legal obligation for drivers to yield to them. Assuming of course you're talking about THESE.
I do indeed see that 9.5 entails that you have to yield for pedestrians in that sense.
However, since it's a very broad description of what to in traffic, I believe narrowing it down and creating an additional law fully explaining the laws regarding pedestrians crosswalks is needed, as it would make people more aware that they actually have to stop for the pedestrians

Last edited:
Reaction score
JG7zFbC.png

PARALAKE POLICE DEPARTMENT
LAW REFORM

Imo, just a simple clause would be suffice, opinions? I've gone completely blank but what are 'Zebra crossings' called in the US or is it the same?

9.5 Road Markings
Drivers are expected to drive within their boundaries (road lines) at all times, and to appropriately adhere to any and all road markings, at all times (unless in such a situation in which road markings must be disregarded in order to avoid a collision, and/or directed to by emergency service personnel). When on roads with at least 2 lanes, drivers are expected to drive within the right-hand side of the road.

Crosswalks are located throughout the city, drivers must give way to pedestrians that are crossing/waiting to cross on a crosswalk.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've gone completely blank but what are 'Zebra crossings' called in the US or is it the same?​

I believe people in the US call them 'Pedestrian Crossings', 'Pedestrian Crosswalks' or just 'Crosswalks'.

Source: Google and friends.

(Sorry, I am unable to comment on mobile)
The law amendment looks great.​

Status
Not open for further replies.