Right of way - "Priority to the right"

Reaction score
Is this a new law or a change to a current law: I do not believe this is written anywhere in the current penal code. It would most likely fit better as an addition to an already existing law such as 12.5.

What law do you wish to change/add: "Priority to the right" is a law regarding right of way at intersections. The law applies to all intersections and overlapping roads where no traffic light, stop sign or yeild sign is present.

Why should this change/addition be made:
It is a constant nuisance at the intersection and a few other places where there is no yeild- or stop sign. People turn at the same time, bump/crash into each other because of this and traffic is slowed down. With priority to the right being added to the current penal code driving at intersections will hopefully become more plesant and the number of RTCs go down since people will have a clearer understanding on how to act when going through an intersection.

What is the aim of this change/addition:
See the section above.

Additional Information:

Reaction score
The only intersection this would apply to would be the one at city garage with the 4 stop signs, as far as I know. Nevertheless it would be useful to know what we're actually supposed to do there as it ends up being a mexican standoff of who is going to go first.

Reaction score
I would say that the law would be helpfull. Not that people would follow it, either that LEO can see more clearly whos fault a possible crash is.

M

Reaction score
Bjqo5sr.png

PARALAKE POLICE DEPARTMENT
POLICING AND POLICY

Thank you for your input! This feedback is currently being considered further by the Policing and Policy department.

After this review is complete, the Chiefs of Department will consider the options available such as implementation, community feedback, etc. and you will be informed of any progress here.

Feel free to continue posting your views.

Reaction score
The working group of the Paralake City Council will work out a draft of this law suggestion. The Paralake City Council will discuss the draft in the next Council meeting.