Legalising weed

You’re opinion

• Total voters
Reaction score
@Synatec

Experiences do prime? How do you know if something is bad if you havent tried it?
people took sulfuric acid and fucking died my man, why in the fuck would anyone else try it if people die in a 100% succes rate.

So you agree that we can indeed judge something without having to experience it ourselves. Thank you.

Not saying you should try all drugs that exist, but there are SO SO SO many people that have improved their life because of using a certrain drug once or consistently
The same way there are SO SO SO many people that have fucked up their life because of using a certain drug once or consistently.

I'm not saying each drug is bad for everybody. I'm not saying either that because a drug is generally harmful, it will necessarily be harmful for a given, specific person too. What I'm attacking mainly is your statement that you need to have tried a drug to have an opinion on it. I can base my opinion on statistics. For a made up example, if there's statistics indicating that 80% of cannabis users fall into depression and attempt suicide because of their drug use, I will conclude that the cannabis is generally harmful. Do I need to try the drug and see if I'm part of the suicidal 80% or the non-suicidal 20% to make that conclusion? No.

If a guy like you comes by and says "nah cannabis is good for me it's done me a lot of good and my buddies (who are also part of the non-suicidal 20%) love it and have improved their lives because of it" does that in any form or shape cancel my conclusion? No. You and your buddies are less than 1% of that cannabis user population and thus generalizations can't be made from your personal experiences.

Science, statistics and logic prevail. Fuck personal experience.

Reaction score
we test for cannabis and cocaine at the road side, as shadowjoey says its an offence anyway

Reaction score
@Synatec It's an example illustrating that you can indeed make conclusions about a phenomenon thanks to studies. Reverse the statistics if it makes it more realistic for you, if 80% of people are happier with cannabis and 20% are depressive with it then I can conclude cannabis is a generally good drug. Did I need to experience the drug myself to come to this conclusion? No, I based the conclusion on statistics and logic.

Yes, stop the discussion here because you're incapable of a scientific thought process and of understanding what examples are for.

It's sad that I have to explain basic deductive logic and statistical principles to a 19 (I assume educated) year old. And I know it really hurts your feelings to be told that your personal experience doesn't matter on its own, but it really doesn't.

Reaction score
you raise a good point with dealers mixing spice and weed. i think people should watch some videos on excited delirium/ABD and see what they think, it's sooooooo fucking dangerous, it's treated as a Cat A for paramedics because there's a very real chance of death. i've seen it a few times in my life and it normally ends in the person being pinned to a bed by 6 police officers and being sedated by a doctor

Reaction score
Anyone that teaches pshycoactive substances has done drugs... Best way to learn is to experience
Good to know that you also like to pull facts out of your ass. Give a source or don't make claims like these.

Reaction score
@Synatec What am I nitpicking? Am I nitpicking because I disagree with your statement that "anyone that teaches psychoactive substances has done drugs"? Why do I have to swallow it up if you don't show me statistics for that?

You're not even responding to the reverse example I gave. Maybe you noticed your reasoning is flawed and are embarrassed to admit it. I thought you weren't going to discuss anymore? Oh well.

Reaction score
People saying it’s not a gateway drug and all:

anything that makes you less fearful of things that fuck with your regular sense of reality, really help with bridging the gap to harder drugs.

The same goes for drinking, I thought I’d never touch alcohol when I was younger but then I did because it was legal; started getting drunk on the regular.

I thought I’d never smoke, then I did because I thought it couldn’t be that bad because it was legal.

I thought I’d never touch drugs, then I thought weed wouldn’t be too bad because I already smoke, so I did.

As I’d already smoked weed and drank, I thought the legality of things meant fuck all, I jumped to some harder drugs like Ket, pills and coke: I use them in pretty good moderation and don’t consider myself an addict but that could be really bad for someone with an addictive personality.

It’s irresponsible to say that weed is evil and overplay it’s negatives but it’s also just as harmful to ignore the negatives or dismiss them. Weed does have an effect on your typical productivity to society and it’s not really disputable, even if it does help you in other areas of your life.

I honestly don’t know if I think it should be completely legalised but definitely decriminalised if you get me

Reaction score
@Synatec your reply to my post was probably the most retarded thing I've ever witnessed in my life.
Had there been parental intervention or not would hardly make a difference. I have also neglected to mention that he doesn't live with his parents but rather at a student accommodation somewhere in England.

Reaction score
Fully legalized from 18 or the full legal age in your country.

You can argue about your family member or friend becoming lazy or addictes on it when the stuff's already illigal? As if that works lmao. Make the punishment for possesion worse and look where the US brought them with that. Legalizing gets rid of the taboo and makes it easier to get help of you need it without the risk of loosing your job.

The fact i can walk into a clean store and purchase weed while greeting a cop standing outside, and that i know is safe also gets rid of dealer spiking your shit or introducing you into other drugs. Weed is not a gate way drug, it doesn't automatically make you want to try out other stuff. That's you and the dealer profiting off of you while feeding crime. Legalizing weed gets rid of All crime around it. Just fair market competition instead of gang turf wars

Last edited:
Reaction score
Who said the government should be in charge of weed? If i take my country as an example the only thing the police crack down on are the growhoses which are hidden in smelly basements. If you were to grow in a greenhouse and have access to all the recourses you'd need without ending up on a watchlist for ordering so much manure on amazon, your weed might aswell become a better product too. There is, and still would be a shitload of competition to make the best weed there is

Last edited:
Reaction score
i wrote this at 4AM while i was under the influence! So excuse my bad spelling