Lets talk about Community Managers.

Reaction score
Also forgot to mention safeguarding refferals, feels like it isn't being propperly dealt with.
SLdyQGCRXOxaVDhf.png

Reaction score
What's your expectations for the Community Managers, like what would you want them to do?
Be more active? Don't handle rule breaks/administrative threads? Promoting events and activities? Change the handling on safeguarding requests?
By helping the CM's to be better and tell them what you actually want from them will help the community in the end.

We're all humans and everyone do this on their spare time and have work/school IRL that takes up most of our time but most of us do as much as we can. I don't think new CM's is the answer and definitely not a community vote because we all know how that will end lol.

@Jay Hatch supporters stand up rn.

Reaction score
I think the community managers have done more than enough for this community, taking their own time to do things for others and help make it a safer and more friendly environment. I don't see a point of getting new cm when they're doing just fine.
safe and friendly does not equal fun

Reaction score
Hello guys and thanks for everyone’s feedback, I have now finally finished my two late shifts hence the two days of silence from me. I strongly believe in transparency and therefore even though I need to be up in a few hours im going to take time to jump on my computer and write an extensive reply for you as I really do care for this community and not all work we do is known publicly. Please give me about 30 mins or so to write to an extensive reply.

Reaction score
The community is in a great place, getting regular updates, the helper role is successful and the player count is insanely good, hitting max players daily and seeing 75+ people on at 2AM GMT which is great to see. The CM's have steered the community incredibly well, working with the owners and developers. Even if now they are inactive here and there due to real-life commitments they shouldn't be pushed out of a role they have succeeded in.

Reaction score
A bit about me within the community
If you don't know me much then that is fine, the community has expanded significantly in the last year and not many people other than more veteran players know me. I joined PERPHeads in November 2013 meaning this year I will have been a member for 10 years. I launched the Police Department Whitelist along with a couple of others and have experience in both the criminal side of the server as-well as an extensive amount of knowledge in the police side. I have seen ups and downs in this community throughout this time and seen every iteration of the map from Evocity to V1 through to what will soon become V6. I have been here throughout multiple downs in the community where the population of the server was seriously down or where some very unpleasant people have had to be removed to safeguard everybody here. I have been a staff member twice before, the first time was around 2014 when I was a moderator, which I was eventually demoted from. I was then invited to be a moderator again a couple of years ago, which was during one of the biggest downs of the community in population. I made so many friends in this community and absolutely love every aspect of it and was not willing to let it simply die down which is why I did everything that I could to keep it going especially given it is an old platform and most people have moved onto games such as FiveM. I produced a couple of trailers for the server and was offered the role of Community Manager to help Ethan with getting the server off the ground again as follows;

The work @Efan and I did to get the server off the ground again
  • Launched Secret Santa
  • Revamped and Continuation of the Yearly Community Awards
  • Created a Discord Server to be up to date with other communities
  • Created the official server trailer
  • Introduced the community spotlight
  • Conducted regular progress reviews internally
  • Started running community surveys
  • Created more forum titles for trophy points
  • Launched an events team to get more people on the server
  • Improved administrative functions replacing action requests etc with a form system
  • Replaced all the police department badges
  • Improved the guides system with PERPHeads Help
  • Improved the support section to include best answers
  • Community CS:GO Tournament
  • Introduced the New Player Survey which is still going on today
  • Streamlined process for training and removing staff members
  • Spoke out to YouTubers to help advertise PERPHeads
  • Introduced Content Creator
  • Welcome message for all new players to increase immediate day one retention
  • Added new player tag to increase day one retention
  • Gave new players VIP and extended it to increase retention
  • Introduced linking SCAMBans to Discord to sync roles
  • Friend referral system, this was since discontinued
  • PERPHeads Rewind
  • PERPHeads YouTube Channel
  • Increased the server slots
  • Introduce a ban dispute rota to increase times for appeals
  • Structured the admin team so each admin has a role to play
Tell me about your activity and real life self
This section is inspired by the below quote
they are busy and that's fine, step off the throne and give it to someone else that is willing to work with the community
I'm a 23 year old man from the UK, I am employed as a Police Officer and have done this for the last 5 years. I volunteer my time for free as a Community Manager and do not receive any payment at all for it. I have previously received rewards from the owners but not anymore, yet continue to give my time up here. I often work up to 60 hrs a week and have a girlfriend and family but still manage to find time to keep my role on PLPD and interact with players in-game, interact with staff and do other regular commitments which I will detail below. Unfortunately my in-game activity isn't as much as some staff members due to the above commitments but is still in my view enough to understand what problems the community are facing and address them and continue to make improvements.

What are some of the changes you have done more recently?
the lack of action ≠ CMs not doing anything. If anything, they maintain community resolutions, community bans, enforce safeguarding and are entirely focused on the community's feedback
As Exnem said, all dramatic changes we have done were at the start of our time here as Community Managers and we are most certainly taking a more maintenance approach to the community now. We do still make changes on occasion and some of these include the new Demo Request System which we suggested on 30th July 2021 and has recently finally gone live;
  • enforcing name standards for all staff
  • introduction of developer meetings with thanks to Dank for taking lead
  • recruitment of new developers
  • increasing server slots to 128
  • introduced a ban dispute rota to increase appeal response time
  • interview and selection of police department chiefs
  • working with developers to test and suggest updates
  • introduction of staff discord
  • introduction of helper meetings
  • introduction of in-game community Q&A
  • introduction of safeguarding system
  • huge staff recruitment drive meaning we now have over 45 staff members to keep up with the new player count and demand
So what regular responsibilities do you currently in the community?
that does more than the bare minimum, that interacts with the community and especially the helpers. When I was helper it was very little interaction unless something was wrong or report count... that engages in the community.
So to give you an indication of some of the things we do on a regular basis, these include
  • regularly going on the server and identifying commendable roleplay and helpfulness
  • preparing the above findings into the monthly community spotlight
  • attending admin meetings up to four times a month deciding on enforcer applications, helper applications, promotions to moderator, senior moderator and administrator, rulings on serious bans or bans that have an impact on the community such as cheating or toxicity or safeguarding
  • regular review of community suggestions so that we can improve ourselves and the server
  • attending newly introduced helper meetings to identify regularly occurring questions and review powers and permissions of helpers
  • attending developer meetings to review the suggestions backlog
  • reporting to owners regularly and looking for trends in player count, looking to always keep it maintained or increasing
  • hosting scripted events in-game although player count is not currently allowing this to be as regular as we want
  • hosting in-game roleplay events, examples of this includes the christmas market, talent show or various competitions
  • answering enquiries from other communities
  • review of helper complaints daily
  • dealing with misconduct from community team
  • attending full staff meetings to take note of suggestions and problems
  • rule of the month
  • review of forum message enquiries (approx 2-3 a day)
  • review of steam/discord message enquiries (approx 5-6 a day)
  • review of slack message enquiries (approx 4-5 a day)
  • supporting the admin team with refund requests
  • supporting the admin team with reports
  • review necessity of ongoing communication bans
  • review of all 1.1 bans/blacklists/warnings and issuing communication bans off the back of them
  • issuing and review of community resolutions
  • and a lot more which I can't think of right now
For any day where I spend 1 hour in the server, I have probably committed about 5 hours out of the server doing background tasks.

Tell me about your admin powers
So to put it simply, we have the power to basically do anything regards to this so bans, warnings and blacklists. I will never do regular reports, why would I even want to? I have significant moderator experience but I have no interest in dealing with reports. I do and will use my powers though to remove people from the community that I feel are not safe for the rest of us for them to be here, or it is not in the communities interest for them to be here, this includes allegations of paedophilia, cheating and toxicity.

ZgzbZhl.png

Outstanding Reports - 17th February 2023

As you can see we do reach very high amounts of reports from players and sometimes I will jump in to assist with some but make a point of not taking on regular administrative tasks, as I am far too busy and this is not my role as we agreed when we introduced community manager.

What are you doing about safeguarding?
As some of you may be aware, we have had to 'Community Wide Ban' individuals for serious safeguarding concerns. A community wide ban includes a server ban, forums, discord, teamspeak and any other PERP Platform. There were concerns about raising these issues and given my background in the police I have good knowledge on how to deal with these. I therefore introduced the safeguarding system.

Yo2yTYz.png

Safeguarding System - Today

The introduction of the safeguarding system has lead to 24 safeguarding reports and multiple instances of predators being removed from the community and escalations to other agencies. We do not post this information publicly for obvious reasons.

Tell me a bit about helpers
The helpers have meetings with us to discuss common questions and any concerns they have. Helpers have the ability to issue chat blacklist as we feel it is in the interest of the community to enforce toxic behaviour. They are not permitted to enforce any other rules and are given powers purely to help, especially new players. We have a system in place for dealing with misconduct and the following are from the last 6 months.
  • 5 instances of demotions
  • 7 instances of management advice
  • 2 instances of formal warning
  • 3 instances of final warning
  • 1 instance of accepted complaint but no action
So how are you talking to us in the community?
The community is far too large to do a community meeting now. We have tried surveys before but players still feel like they are not being listened to. I have as of very recently introduced the community Q&A which is hosted in-game to take a small amount of people at a time.

JWin3ti.jpg

Community Q&A - 17th February 2023

In addition to this we hold full staff meetings to get an idea of what the community want but from a smaller number of people so that it is easier to communicate. I fully encourage you to send me any suggestions via a direct PM or any method you want. I will listen to you.

nXIgeTs.png

Helper Meeting Points of Note - 7th February 2023

So are you gonna resign then or what?
I have zero intentions of leaving unless a very significant proportion of the community think I should. I love this community, I have been here for 10 years and will happily go for another 10 and believe we can stick together. This is my only community I have been in and would be a big piece of me gone if I had to leave. I am going to continue doing my best for the community but I need your feedback.

Please continue giving me feedback directly

I am genuinely really approachable. You can contact me anywhere of the following. Tell me I am good, tell me I am shit, just be constructive.
YJzGkky.png

Community Suggestions - Today

Reaction score
  • Launched Secret Santa
@Super_ Can we please get this fact checked by a real vaccinated patriot????

dog

Reaction score
ZgzbZhl.png
lets go i made the post!!

in all seriousness i think the cms do good work behind the scenes no matter how much i despise @Efan and maintain good activity managing the helpers and dealing with overall community issues from the time i was a helper

the helper team has gone through some bad periods but I think it's in a good position right now, just need @rogue as head helper...

Reaction score
A bit about me within the community
If you don't know me much then that is fine, the community has expanded significantly in the last year and not many people other than more veteran players know me. I joined PERPHeads in November 2013 meaning this year I will have been a member for 10 years. I launched the Police Department Whitelist along with a couple of others and have experience in both the criminal side of the server as-well as an extensive amount of knowledge in the police side. I have seen ups and downs in this community throughout this time and seen every iteration of the map from Evocity to V1 through to what will soon become V6. I have been here throughout multiple downs in the community where the population of the server was seriously down or where some very unpleasant people have had to be removed to safeguard everybody here. I have been a staff member twice before, the first time was around 2014 when I was a moderator, which I was eventually demoted from. I was then invited to be a moderator again a couple of years ago, which was during one of the biggest downs of the community in population. I made so many friends in this community and absolutely love every aspect of it and was not willing to let it simply die down which is why I did everything that I could to keep it going especially given it is an old platform and most people have moved onto games such as FiveM. I produced a couple of trailers for the server and was offered the role of Community Manager to help Ethan with getting the server off the ground again as follows;

• Launched Secret Santa
  • Revamped and Continuation of the Yearly Community Awards
  • Created a Discord Server to be up to date with other communities
  • Created the official server trailer
  • Introduced the community spotlight
  • Conducted regular progress reviews internally
  • Started running community surveys
  • Created more forum titles for trophy points
  • Launched an events team to get more people on the server
  • Improved administrative functions replacing action requests etc with a form system
  • Replaced all the police department badges
  • Improved the guides system with PERPHeads Help
  • Improved the support section to include best answers
  • Community CS:GO Tournament
  • Introduced the New Player Survey which is still going on today
  • Streamlined process for training and removing staff members
  • Spoke out to YouTubers to help advertise PERPHeads
  • Introduced Content Creator
  • Welcome message for all new players to increase immediate day one retention
  • Added new player tag to increase day one retention
  • Gave new players VIP and extended it to increase retention
  • Introduced linking SCAMBans to Discord to sync roles
  • Friend referral system, this was since discontinued
  • PERPHeads Rewind
  • PERPHeads YouTube Channel
  • Increased the server slots
  • Introduce a ban dispute rota to increase times for appeals
  • Structured the admin team so each admin has a role to play
Tell me about your activity and real life self

I'm a 23 year old man from the UK, I am employed as a Police Officer and have done this for the last 5 years. I volunteer my time for free as a Community Manager and do not receive any payment at all for it. I have previously received rewards from the owners but not anymore, yet continue to give my time up here. I often work up to 60 hrs a week and have a girlfriend and family but still manage to find time to keep my role on PLPD and interact with players in-game, interact with staff and do other regular commitments which I will detail below. Unfortunately my in-game activity isn't as much as some staff members due to the above commitments but is still in my view enough to understand what problems the community are facing and address them and continue to make improvements.

What are some of the changes you have done more recently?

As Exnem said, all dramatic changes we have done were at the start of our time here as Community Managers and we are most certainly taking a more maintenance approach to the community now. We do still make changes on occasion and some of these include the new Demo Request System which we suggested on 30th July 2021 and has recently finally gone live;
  • enforcing name standards for all staff
  • introduction of developer meetings with thanks to Dank for taking lead
  • recruitment of new developers
  • increasing server slots to 128
  • introduced a ban dispute rota to increase appeal response time
  • interview and selection of police department chiefs
  • working with developers to test and suggest updates
  • introduction of staff discord
  • introduction of helper meetings
  • introduction of in-game community Q&A
  • introduction of safeguarding system
  • huge staff recruitment drive meaning we now have over 45 staff members to keep up with the new player count and demand
So what regular responsibilities do you currently in the community?

So to give you an indication of some of the things we do on a regular basis, these include
  • regularly going on the server and identifying commendable roleplay and helpfulness
  • preparing the above findings into the monthly community spotlight
  • attending admin meetings up to four times a month deciding on enforcer applications, helper applications, promotions to moderator, senior moderator and administrator, rulings on serious bans or bans that have an impact on the community such as cheating or toxicity or safeguarding
  • regular review of community suggestions so that we can improve ourselves and the server
  • attending newly introduced helper meetings to identify regularly occurring questions and review powers and permissions of helpers
  • attending developer meetings to review the suggestions backlog
  • reporting to owners regularly and looking for trends in player count, looking to always keep it maintained or increasing
  • hosting scripted events in-game although player count is not currently allowing this to be as regular as we want
  • hosting in-game roleplay events, examples of this includes the christmas market, talent show or various competitions
  • answering enquiries from other communities
  • review of helper complaints daily
  • dealing with misconduct from community team
  • attending full staff meetings to take note of suggestions and problems
  • rule of the month
  • review of forum message enquiries (approx 2-3 a day)
  • review of steam/discord message enquiries (approx 5-6 a day)
  • review of slack message enquiries (approx 4-5 a day)
  • supporting the admin team with refund requests
  • supporting the admin team with reports
  • review necessity of ongoing communication bans
  • review of all 1.1 bans/blacklists/warnings and issuing communication bans off the back of them
  • issuing and review of community resolutions
  • and a lot more which I can't think of right now
For any day where I spend 1 hour in the server, I have probably committed about 5 hours out of the server doing background tasks.

Tell me about your admin powers
So to put it simply, we have the power to basically do anything regards to this so bans, warnings and blacklists. I will never do regular reports, why would I even want to? I have significant moderator experience but I have no interest in dealing with reports. I do and will use my powers though to remove people from the community that I feel are not safe for the rest of us for them to be here, or it is not in the communities interest for them to be here, this includes allegations of paedophilia, cheating and toxicity.

ZgzbZhl.png

As you can see we do reach very high amounts of reports from players and sometimes I will jump in to assist with some but make a point of not taking on regular administrative tasks, as I am far too busy and this is not my role as we agreed when we introduced community manager.

What are you doing about safeguarding?
As some of you may be aware, we have had to 'Community Wide Ban' individuals for serious safeguarding concerns. A community wide ban includes a server ban, forums, discord, teamspeak and any other PERP Platform. There were concerns about raising these issues and given my background in the police I have good knowledge on how to deal with these. I therefore introduced the safeguarding system.

Yo2yTYz.png

Safeguarding System - Today

The introduction of the safeguarding system has lead to 24 safeguarding reports and multiple instances of predators being removed from the community and escalations to other agencies. We do not post this information publicly for obvious reasons.

Tell me a bit about helpers
The helpers have meetings with us to discuss common questions and any concerns they have. Helpers have the ability to issue chat blacklist as we feel it is in the interest of the community to enforce toxic behaviour. They are not permitted to enforce any other rules and are given powers purely to help, especially new players. We have a system in place for dealing with misconduct and the following are from the last 6 months.
  • 5 instances of demotions
  • 7 instances of management advice
  • 2 instances of formal warning
  • 3 instances of final warning
  • 1 instance of accepted complaint but no action
So how are you talking to us in the community?
The community is far too large to do a community meeting now. We have tried surveys before but players still feel like they are not being listened to. I have as of very recently introduced the community Q&A which is hosted in-game to take a small amount of people at a time.

JWin3ti.jpg

Community Q&A - 17th February 2023

In addition to this we hold full staff meetings to get an idea of what the community want but from a smaller number of people so that it is easier to communicate. I fully encourage you to send me any suggestions via a direct PM or any method you want. I will listen to you.

nXIgeTs.png

Helper Meeting Points of Note - 7th February 2023

So are you gonna resign then or what?
I have zero intentions of leaving unless a very significant proportion of the community think I should. I love this community, I have been here for 10 years and will happily go for another 10 and believe we can stick together. This is my only community I have been in and would be a big piece of me gone if I had to leave. I am going to continue doing my best for the community but I need your feedback.

Please continue giving me feedback directly

I am genuinely really approachable. You can contact me anywhere of the following. Tell me I am good, tell me I am shit, just be constructive.
YJzGkky.png

Community Suggestions - Today

ratio

Reaction score
I don’t see how it’s unfair.
I’ve heard from quite a lot of people that they are not happy with the curreny CM situation. What do the cms do about it? Find some dumb excuse to brush it under the carpet. You come back, do the bare minimum and go inactive again.

InteractWithTheCommunityAndTheHELPERS

And for the safeguarding refferals: I will not take it back, you should know exactly what I am talking about, or it was just brushed under the carpet and forgotten about‍♀️
You are truly being unfair towards @Efan.

Are you saying that if you ever move and don't have access to remain active, you should be removed from your post, even if it's not your fault?

"I've heard from quite a lot of people that..." sounds exactly like me complaining about not getting SWAT back and throwing a hissy fit a few years back.

What do you want them to do about safeguarding refferals? If you made one or somebody else has, that literally defeats the purpose of them as they're supposed to be completely anonymous. Just because no actions were taken against a person, doesn't mean that it wasn't dealt with.

Reaction score
@Super_ Can we please get this fact checked by a real vaccinated patriot????

You’re very welcome for Secret Santa being carried by me and @The HitMan

Reaction score
Not to be toxic….

I do find it interesting that there has been no response by those initial anti efan & tyla are awful quiet since the rest of us responded?
Has my latest big post addressed any and all concerns you had? I was part unable to due to work and part waiting to get loads of replies so that I can cover as many peoples views as I could

Reaction score
Has my latest big post addressed any and all concerns you had? I was part unable to due to work and part waiting to get loads of replies so that I can cover as many peoples views as I could
Oh my point was about those who posted this thread then not responding to us who challenged them.