Lets talk about Community Managers.

Reaction score
that interacts with the community and ESPECIALLY the helpers
Given that you're no longer a helper and are now a mod, I won't expect you to know this but we have started having meetings between the helpers and community managers. It was a good meeting and a lot of groundwork and good chats happened, we even have a helper discussion channel on discord which is just for helpers.
Saying that the current CM's arent talking to the helpers is outright wrong.

Reaction score
I very much agree with this. Things need to change.
I think we should get new cms, that does more than the bare minimum, that interacts with the community and ESPECIALLY the helpers. When I was helper it was very little interaction unless something was wrong or report count. Get Cms that actually follows their own inactivity requirements.
That engages in the community.

I get that they are busy and that's fine, step off the throne and give it to someone else that is willing to work with the community.
How can you say the cms are are inactive they are on like every day?

Reaction score
The community has existed for 9 years, it's very mature by Gmod community standards so there's only so much a CM can actually do that's fresh. They cleaned up shop when shit hit the fan a few years ago and they'll clean up again the next time it happens. They don't have to be making significant changes often for them to be considered effective in their roles. As long as they keep an eye on the community and get a general idea for the feelings of its players then that's what matters really.

SNUSMUS has beef with Efan though but couldn't that have been dealt with privately, then taken public if Efan didn't fix up?

Reaction score
CMs are good, i personally find Efan to be a friendly and easy to talk to guy who is very helpful. Tyla I haven't seen on the server in weeks but also I am not on 24h a day every day however I am still pretty active. I can see why one side feels CMs are good while another wants more and it just boils down to engagement. My hypothesis is that the side who lacks the feeling of engagement with the CMs are the ones who happen to not be there when the CMs are on. So then it begins to appear as if CMs are inactive or negligent when in reality they are doing their jobs in the shadows and they do want to give to the community. For example I would see Efan on even back when Paralake Partnership and still to this day he roleplays and engages with the community through ingame means as well. He helped me out in game and ooc deal with several issues I was struggling with to help rehabilitate me into getting out of the mindset of breaking rules and being in controversy and being hated by everyone. He was the most respectful staff to me the whole way through and even before the change. And when the community ingame ooc talked about how we haven't gotten to play around with events a lot he would host them right there and then to satisfy us. So all and all my conclusion is that it's reasonable to say they are doing their job but to some it appears not.

Reaction score
I can't exactly comment on recent actions with anything they have done as I haven't been active myself for some time.

Back when I was staff, both Efan and Tyla were great. Whilst the role, initially, was purely community-related and they had very little administrative powers (I think they had the equivalent of Helper but with a few extra permissions) it made sense for them to have extra permissions especially when the Current ones both held staff positions for notable amounts of time.

I don't see the issue with how they both are at the moment. Most staff and community staff have commitments outside of PERP and don't have to be on every single day. Staff are more than capable of handling situations themselves without intervention from Higher-ups. If any intervention is needed, it usually (at least back when I was staff) was dealt with quickly through SLACK, Discord or Teamspeak.

Reaction score
I personally haven't had a lot of interactions with the CMs but whenever i had it was always a pleasant experience like arresting @Efan yesterday (think it was yesterday)after he fled from me lol. In the discords im always seeing them making posts giving people praise for the RP they do and I feel like they do what they can to be active in the community which they obviously care about at least from what I've seen from my POV. If they are a bit inactive due to IRL commitments that's not their fault. Being an adult blows and shit comes up. Can't hold that against them just because they are a CM. They are allowed to handle stuff outside of here just like everyone else.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i am going to go to tyla's house and hit him in the head w/ a rock and then take his position as CM because i am cool and aweomse and get lots of ghoes on my dick
B7405FA9-59C2-478C-8E45-80902228693A.gif

Reaction score
What's your expectations for the Community Managers, like what would you want them to do?
Be more active? Don't handle rule breaks/administrative threads? Promoting events and activities? Change the handling on safeguarding requests?
By helping the CM's to be better and tell them what you actually want from them will help the community in the end.

We're all humans and everyone do this on their spare time and have work/school IRL that takes up most of our time but most of us do as much as we can. I don't think new CM's is the answer and definitely not a community vote because we all know how that will end lol.

Reaction score
...i believe we should have a new election for new Community Managers.

A quote from Winston Churchill:
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

Making any position of power or influence subject to a community election is an awful idea. Three quarters of the player base either don't know and have no interest in what goes on behind the scenes and thus do not know what is required, or aren't informed enough regarding all the candidates and their skillsets to make an effective decision. It ultimately becomes a pissing contest with whoever carries the most clout among the larger groups within the community guaranteed to win.

In terms of Tyla and Efan's performance, I would rather there be quiet consistency than them pulling out dogshit ideas for random events or whatever else out of their asses. I'm not sure what more could possibly be done at this point without running the risk of marginalising parts of the player base, wasting time, or making sweeping changes for purely diminishing returns.

Reaction score
Knowing @Tyla Jai and @Efan from the past, they have a great insight as to what the community needs.

Big crowds don't make good decisions and simply because the community wants something, doesn't mean it should receive it.

Instead of blaming them, please give suggestions as what you see that could be fixed. Hey, who knows.. Maybe you'd be a great candidate (and I'm not being sarcastic).

Reaction score
guys they should interact with the new players more!! i’ve been on many times and they haven’t interacted with me once