Let's talk the recent state of car thefts. [DISCUSSION]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Shootouts 50x a day is acceptable. Stealing cars and having fun in chases isn’t ?

RTU love chases. PERP is a game before anything, to say PD isn’t benefitted by enjoying a change of pace and having fun in chases is a ignorant false generalization.
Shootouts 50x a day, whilst it's acceptable, gets boring. The PD is rarely organized enough to deal with them, because it's comprised of random people. Sometimes better sometimes worse. You could give all officers AS-50s and most raids would still be lost.

Yes. We love car chases not police-car-arrives-gets-shot-up-boom-blackscreen. And that's literally the point of this discussion... That there is no car chases.

It's also not enjoyable to see 5 car alarms for 1 car in the span of 2 seconds.

Reaction score
One noticeable bit of issue is people solely breaking into cars in areas with cctv or large amount of crowds, while visibly armed to break into cars for exp and just shoot anyone and anything that challenges them, all for exp, which in my own opinion should be 2.5/3.4 let alone unrealistic actions as its just causing excessive gunfights over cars.

Would love personally love to see a rule limiting car theft for this, as certain groups are causing way too much issue, and its not just those wanted at the time

Reaction score
I’m arguing that stealing a car you have no intentions on actually stealing is 3.4 because people are just setting off an alarm just to do the same to an adjacent vehicle, meaning police are going to catch them in the act of setting off another alarm and find the excuse of “org xp” an unrealistic excuse for these actions albeit many mods are not in agreement with this stance (despite it being textbook 3.4 by definition).

In my opinion a material reward is what gives the benefit of an act under 3.4.
It won't be anonymous will it, I made an F6 and the mod replied saying they did it lol
You underestimate just how obvious staff targeting over staff complaints would be, anyone with access to staff complaints knows how to put 2+2 together in that regard.

RTU love chases. PERP is a game before anything, to say PD isn’t benefitted by enjoying a change of pace and having fun in chases is an ignorant false generalization.
The problem here is people aren’t actually driving off with the cars they’re “stealing” and just setting off car alarms like they’re crowbarring into an Org XP piñata. There’s no fun to finding a stolen car sitting where the alarm was set off from and it provides 0 gameplay beyond calling the guy who owns the car to come relock the door and archiving the vehicle warrant (Which most cops aren’t doing btw, they’re just leaving it there).

Reaction score
I think this whole discussion seems to be unnecessary. We gave stealing cars a similar XP reward to reduce raids or shootouts. Now there is a very simple solution and Maia is already working on it, get XP for distance driven and maybe like the Chopshop reduce it even further based on the amount of damage done to the car.

Now the rest is already solvable with rules to give Aloo is an example it has been dealt with.

Just changing it to distance driven already resolves 90% of the issues. Shootouts will be less frequent if it is also based on health

Ezpz fix

Reaction score
I don't think stealing the car itself is 3.4 but I'm sure staff will know better on that; however stealing cars repeatedly whilst wanted for other crimes is definitely 3.4 IMO

Reaction score
Back to the topic of the thread, I think Maia's potential fix would help a lot, though maybe people can just do a few laps and get the org xp. Reduce xp and make it tedious to boost xp?

For people bringing a car to a secluded area and taking turns crowbarring it over and over to boost org xp - Not very realistic, what's the point of stealing a vehicle you have no intention of actually using?

Solutions:
1. Report players for this section of 3.4 for serial public parking thefts -

2. Restrict the amount of times a specific vehicle can be stolen in a given time period
3. Limit vehicle thefts in the same way that raids are limited - # per hour. Why would anyone need to steal several vehicles in a short period?
This I actually did, I was told its not against the rules. Despite a massive shootout being caused across baz.

Reaction score
3. To drive a nice car? :cool:

god forbid someone steals cars, giving RTU a breath of fresh air from the shootings.

but if certain purple people do some funnies and turn the city into a non stop warzone then that’s not “non stop causing police & other players a hassle”

:dead:
1 big shootout vs 24 car thefts on minis

Reaction score
This I actually did, I was told its not against the rules. Despite a massive shootout being caused across baz.
one car isn’t exactly against any rules if you aren’t being pursued/warranted & I can understand 2 at most before it becomes “serial” in terms of this discussion, in case they see a faster getaway car while crowbarring the first one. But as a bazaar sitter I have noticed it happen frequently where a guy sets off 3+ vehicles while a buddy watches nearby for free pvp. I feel it should fall under 3.4 for the reason that org xp shouldn’t be considered “beneficial” in character
Any actions taken by a player that may put their In-Character life, freedom from imprisonment or general well being at risk must be done so in a realistic fashion and for beneficial reasons.

Reaction score
one car isn’t exactly against any rules if you aren’t being pursued/warranted & I can understand 2 at most before it becomes “serial” in terms of this discussion, in case they see a faster getaway car while crowbarring the first one. But as a bazaar sitter I have noticed it happen frequently where a guy sets off 3+ vehicles while a buddy watches nearby for free pvp. I feel it should fall under 3.4 for the reason that org xp shouldn’t be considered “beneficial” in character
Agreed, but between the thread here and what I have seen in reports its very apparent there is a varied stance on this

Reaction score
Just remove it as a way to get leaderboard XP if its such an issue and add something else, its boring af anyway

Reaction score
i stoped long time ago stealing cars but 3 days ago i witness that ur org stealing many cars so i started stealing it again :)

so u should not talk about it and if u check past 2 weeks u will find out ur org steal over my org up to x5
can't beat em join em

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but please please please quit your yapping. We have passiveRPed many many many times, and we only start shootouts where necessary (as you can see by our ban history, nothing about starting shootouts for no reason!... Recently...)
It’s like arguing with a tiktok addicted middle schooler, you can’t give up unless you have the last word. Just because you lure a couple new players in and trap them in a sweat shop doesn’t make you a “passive rper”. You still initiate these raids and bank robberies that make it “necessary to shoot in insanely high frequencies. Out of anybody you have no room to talk:
IMG_6397.jpegIMG_6398.jpeg
Your master already made this joke, sorry hes trying to steal your clout @ALOO89

Demoted from staff? IMG_6399.png
Banned for cheating? IMG_6399.png
recently banned for shooting related 3.4 breakage? IMG_6399.png
Demoted from PLPD? IMG_6399.png

Please, you’re a bigger hypocrite than plus sized models, I ask again, tone it down please Monolith refugee.

Reaction score
to which I was informed a MOD was doing it and to make a staff report blah blah (I'd rather not put that target on my back) but here's the problem
Of course it is more than annoying for mods to be constantly under suspicion but until there is some transparency in how mod complaints are being handled it will always stay like this. It is just the way it is when people get power.

Reaction score
The problem here is people aren’t actually driving off with the cars they’re “stealing” and just setting off car alarms like they’re crowbarring into an Org XP piñata. There’s no fun to finding a stolen car sitting where the alarm was set off from and it provides 0 gameplay beyond calling the guy who owns the car to come relock the door and archiving the vehicle warrant (Which most cops aren’t doing btw, they’re just leaving it there).
cops Can’t trace car thieves but I agree they should be able to as explained below

In my opinion Wanted criminals should be encouraged and allowed to do crimes other than only violent ones like stealing cars. But RTU shouldn’t lose out, I agree it’s no fun if the cops have no crumbs to catch the criminal with.

Reaction score
It’s like arguing with a tiktok addicted middle schooler, you can’t give up unless you have the last word. Just because you lure a couple new players in and trap them in a sweat shop doesn’t make you a “passive rper”. You still initiate these raids and bank robberies that make it “necessary to shoot in insanely high frequencies. Out of anybody you have no room to talk:
View attachment 20585View attachment 20586

Demoted from staff? View attachment 20587
Banned for cheating? View attachment 20588
recently banned for shooting related 3.4 breakage? View attachment 20588
Demoted from PLPD? View attachment 20589

Please, you’re a bigger hypocrite than plus sized models, I ask again, tone it down please Monolith refugee.

Can we stop being toxic please... toxicity has no place in this wonderful community...

Reaction score
honestly this whole thread has left me speechless, people seem too be forgetting the fact that in this case if someone has stolen a car it goes onto the PD computer and that could commence a chase with said car one of the reasons if im not mistaken of RTU units too stop this from happening, and while i get that it feels like people are getting targeted by admins i dont think thats true, u never know but from admins i speak too other then @peeps who has failed too ban me ;) there not targeting anyone they just answer reports when they come in

Status
Not open for further replies.