Let's talk the recent state of car thefts. [DISCUSSION]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So the recent state of car thefts with the org exp system is well... broken.

Crims:
It's broken from a crim perspective where you can farm the hell out of exp, over and over and over, even stealing your own vehicles. I've even witnessed people say stuff like "Is this your car? Don't worry I'm not going to steal it" then just proceed to crowbar every car in Bazaar.

PD:
It's broken from a PD perspective with the amount of pings, it creates a MASSIVE wanted list which ends up hiding wanted people further down the list where they could be missed or we don't see them at all. It pings our alert system over and over and over;

IqXpGRu.png

Other issues:
Other issues it seems to be creating are people are doing this whilst wanted which is a breach of 3.4, now they may or may not know whether we can see the exact location as PD but it's turning into shootouts that shouldn't need to happen for a simple theft charge with a 3 year maximum sentence.

Yesterday I created an F6 as I turned up to a car theft, we was then shot and killed by a car that was waiting nearby which was involved in the situation, turns out we was shot because the car nearby had a wanted person inside, to which I was informed a MOD was doing it and to make a staff report blah blah (I'd rather not put that target on my back) but here's the problem, a player who runs in the exact same circles did the same thing today, stole cars whilst wanted and got a 2 month ban?

Solution:
I had originally suggested some kind of DNA tool to scan cars to see who stole it but actually I think the solution which was suggested by another player could be much simpler. You have to actually drive the car to get any exp, not just crowbar it. It could be X amount of time driving it.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
A thing I mentioned to @blobvis 2.0 which he did not agree with but I feel its worth bringing up here.
Would it be worth a rules suggestion similar to raids, only able to car jack 2 cars per 30 minutes or whatever would be balanced, excluding the chopshop mission.
However what @Bnje said also counters this as @Maia Could simply make it so the amount of time driven would not make it necessary to add a limit to jacking cars.

Reaction score
to which I was informed a MOD was doing it and to make a staff report blah blah (I'd rather not put that target on my back)
All staff complaints are anonymous so I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to imply here.

If you're so concerned about painting a target then why are you making a big deal about it in the forum post. No one has ever been targetted as a result of making a staff complaint.

Reaction score
All staff complaints are anonymous so I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to imply here.

If you're so concerned about painting a target then why are you making a big deal about it in the forum post. No one has ever been targetted as a result of making a staff complaint.
Except the ones who made them on me...

imo the only reason cars are being stolen are
1. chop shop
2. org xp

I think the XP given from stealing cars should be thoroughly reduced to stop certain people (****89) from stealing cars nonstop causing police & other players hassle for no profit other than a leaderboard

Reaction score
It would be really helpfull to add a timer or something on the warrant section of the stolen vehicles. I agree that the amount of stolen vehicles listen in the warrant section is abnormal high. Or if the original owner drives the car the warrant expires and gets deleted.

Reaction score
Except the ones who made them on me...

imo the only reason cars are being stolen are
1. chop shop
2. org xp
3. To drive a nice car? :cool:
I think the XP given from stealing cars should be thoroughly reduced to stop certain people (****89) from stealing cars nonstop causing police & other players hassle for no profit other than a leaderboard
god forbid someone steals cars, giving RTU a breath of fresh air from the shootings.

but if certain purple people do some funnies and turn the city into a non stop warzone then that’s not “non stop causing police & other players a hassle”

:dead:

Reaction score
The problem is crims have no othe way to get points. You can only raid twice per hour, mug 2 people (if you didn't do so already during the raids).

Let's say you raided twice, got wallbanged both times and meanwhile rxsm and aloo89 have already mugged all the sweater on map. Now you have to steal cars and hope theres shootout for points there is nothing else to do

Reaction score
god forbid someone steals cars, giving RTU a breath of fresh air from the shootings.
God forbid somebody steals over 50 cars in one day (including the same car multiple times), in an attempt to farm organisation XP, not to enjoy the vehicle, or to profit in any way. This doesn't benefit the PD, enough cars already get stolen that aren't involved with said shootings after they are caught.
but if certain purple people do some funnies and turn the city into a non stop warzone then that’s not “non stop causing police & other players a hassle”

:dead:
Raiding isn't the same as stealing a car

Reaction score
i stoped long time ago stealing cars but 3 days ago i witness that ur org stealing many cars so i started stealing it again :)

so u should not talk about it and if u check past 2 weeks u will find out ur org steal over my org up to x5

Reaction score
i stoped long time ago stealing cars but 3 days ago i witness that ur org stealing many cars so i started stealing it again :)

so u should not talk about it and if u check past 2 weeks u will find out ur org steal over my org up to x5
I'm not my org, fuck those guys!

Also of course they're going to take advantage of the high XP gain from it, like you are too. Thats why it should be changed

Reaction score
God forbid somebody steals over 50 cars in one day (including the same car multiple times), in an attempt to farm organisation XP, not to enjoy the vehicle, or to profit in any way.
Shootouts 50x a day is acceptable. Stealing cars and having fun in chases isn’t ?
This doesn't benefit the PD, enough cars already get stolen that aren't involved with said shootings after they are caught.
RTU love chases. PERP is a game before anything, to say PD isn’t benefitted by enjoying a change of pace and having fun in chases is a ignorant false generalization.
Raiding isn't the same as stealing a car
IMG_6396.jpeg

Reaction score
Shootouts 50x a day is acceptable. Stealing cars and having fun in chases isn’t ?

RTU love chases. PERP is a game before anything, to say PD isn’t benefitted by enjoying a change of pace and having fun in chases is a ignorant false generalization.

View attachment 20583
I really hope you understand what I'm actually saying here, and that I'm not crying about people stealing cars, I'm simply stating that I think it should be changed to give you lower organisation XP from stealing one, nothing stops you from stealing it and driving it around anyway? These "50x shootouts a day" are giving my org barely any XP as you earn none from killing cops, why should you sitting on your arse with a crowbar in your hand and a finger up your nose give you the same XP as killing a civilian?

Now quit your waffle and move on

Reaction score
I'm not my org, fuck those guys!
ur baned atm thats why u are not with them

Also of course they're going to take advantage of the high XP gain from it, like you are too. Thats why it should be changed
im sure 150k of my org score from stealing cars and the other are from something else

2 times i have been stealing many cars is now past 3 days and when i come back from my ban when @Jack Bruhross wasnt baned and the update was release

Reaction score
ur baned atm thats why u are not with them

im sure 150k of my org score from stealing cars and the other are from something else

2 times i have been stealing many cars is now past 3 days and when i come back from my ban when @Jack Bruhross wasnt baned and the update was release
???? When I was staff I saw you multiple times driving a car into the forest and stealing it multiple times... Quit lying man!

Reaction score

It won't be anonymous will it, I made an F6 and the mod replied saying they did it lol

I haven't named the mod in this post either, your response Efan was quite hostile to be honest and the VERY reason we don't report mods, there's no confidence anything would even be done or what I am trying to imply is if I do anything remotely wrong, even by mistake, I'll be dragged to a roof quicker than superman with lois lane.

Reaction score
I really hope you understand what I'm actually saying here, and that I'm not crying about people stealing cars, I'm simply stating that I think it should be changed to give you lower organisation XP from stealing one, nothing stops you from stealing it and driving it around anyway? These "50x shootouts a day" are giving my org barely any XP as you earn none from killing cops, why should you sitting on your arse with a crowbar in your hand and a finger up your nose give you the same XP as killing a civilian?

Now quit your waffle and move on
i don’t think you understand what you’re saying. You just cried about car thefts being too annoying and too common when you yourself lead an org by example in turning the server into a constant call of duty lobby with toxicity and shootouts. Tone it down a little bit please, this is still a serious RP and the insane influx of shootings means it makes sense for the game to functionally reward those who switch up the style of RP. Like crafters who mass manufacture criminal supplies or car stealers and such

???? When I was staff I saw you multiple times driving a car into the forest and stealing it multiple times... Quit lying man!
Quit targeting!! Go handle F6… oh wait :penguin:

Reaction score
I haven't named the mod in this post either, your response Efan was quite hostile to be honest and the VERY reason we don't report mods, there's no confidence anything would even be done or what I am trying to imply is if I do anything remotely wrong, even by mistake, I'll be dragged to a roof quicker than superman with lois lane.

I agree with you here, Efan clearly verbally abused you and showed hostility. I am worried for your safety on the server. I have also been a victim of his outbursts while I was staff. We are both victims even though I am an emerald 3 player, high diamond in reality so you can tell it doesn't matter who you are

Reaction score
It won't be anonymous will it, I made an F6 and the mod replied saying they did it lol

It's hostile because you're spreading misinformation without any evidence. Have you ever made a staff complaint that has resulted in you being targeted? And if not, why have you not reported this to us?

I think it's a bit disingenuous to act as if you've had experience with the staff complaint process when you've never made one yourself other than when you refused to reply to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.