Lieutenant Car Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
In preparation for the police car update (weapon update) I need to fix my Lieutenant car, it has pink and black windows which is why I don't drive it very often. In this image you can see @Chrissy picking up my car. Calling @Archibald for help as he seems to know a bit about it although I would like other peoples advice as well.

837b4e547a.jpg

Reaction score
There are a few things that you can try of which fixed this exact problem for me a while ago:
1. Delete the TDMCars SVN from your addons folder. Although I believe you have already done this.
2. Type mat_specular 0 into console as @Sgt.James commented.
3. Delete all addons from within your folder and un-subscribe to them all. However rather than subscribing to the perpheads workshop collection just join the server (making sure you allow custom files to download) and then it should download all the content you need for you. Just as long as you don't have any content in your folder then it should be absolutely fine. As a plus it will also make your Gmod boot and load faster as it is not loading any addons :)
4. Just follow Xquality's thread completely as that seemed to fix a lot of problems for me.
(Credit to @Xquality for his thread here.)

Reaction score
Solution
Reaction score
You don't need any svn or anything. All the cars are in our content files... If you want to make sure nothing is conflicting, just remove everything that you ever downloaded or installed, and then join the server. You only need to subscribe to the paralake_V3 map and content, I think.

Reaction score
  • Staff
There are a few things that you can try of which fixed this exact problem for me a while ago:
1. Delete the TDMCars SVN from your addons folder. Although I believe you have already done this.
2. Type mat_specular 0 into console as @Sgt.James commented.
3. Delete all addons from within your folder and un-subscribe to them all. However rather than subscribing to the perpheads workshop collection just join the server (making sure you allow custom files to download) and then it should download all the content you need for you. Just as long as you don't have any content in your folder then it should be absolutely fine. As a plus it will also make your Gmod boot and load faster as it is not loading any addons :)
4. Just follow Xquality's thread completely as that seemed to fix a lot of problems for me.
(Credit to @Xquality for his thread here.)
Subscribe to every TDM addon in this collection https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?l=german&id=140550510
If that doesn't work, download the SVN at http://svn.code.sf.net/p/tdmcarssvn/code/trunk/ with TortoiseSVN.
Allow server downloads.
mat_specular 0
Delete the "models" and "materials" folder from Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\download
704be76f90.png
You don't need any svn or anything. All the cars are in our content files... If you want to make sure nothing is conflicting, just remove everything that you ever downloaded or installed, and then join the server. You only need to subscribe to the paralake_V3 map and content, I think.
(also @SgtJames)
66fd642d27.jpg

Thanks my car is fixed!

business-man-thumbs-up.jpg

(Resolved)

Status
Not open for further replies.