new windows update has fucked me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So basically, the new windows update has fucked up my brightness, in game things are bright and shit, but when i look on my desktop at shadowplay files etc. It looks dark although me adjusting the brightness settings. Anybody know a fix?

It looks so aids on my desktop :/

Reaction score
Type services.msc in the run box (Windows Start Button+R) and search for adaptive brightness, stop it, right click, set startup type to disabled, hit apply
csdpciT.png

Go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings and click on advanced settings, go down to Display and turn Adaptive Brightness off
etYlKBc.png

I had the same problem, see if this helps, restarting also helps when this occured to me once.

Reaction score
Windows 10 is generally very bad with updates. I have had windows 10 on 3 different systems now and I have had problems atleast once after an update on all 3 the computers. On the first computer there was GameDVR added to Windows 10 from the xbox app which fucked alot of games for lag, sensitivity glitches, brightness, etc.. On the second computer a windows update made my GPU driver not work/uncompatible, causing my PC to not show any signal on my screen. And on the last computer which I have now I don't really know what was causing it and couldn't fix it too but it again was due to a windows update, after logging in it showed me I had a 'Black screen of death' which was a black desktop and only saw my cursor, doing CTRL+ALT+DELETE worked but opening task manager did not, I could not open anything by key combinations.

Because of all these problems the final fix I did was downgrade to Windows 7/8. Fuck Windows 10 you know, if they can't even bring us proper updates then why still use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.